Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Skipped about a thousand posts so apologies if it’s emerged more clearly why. call me Wibbling Walter if you like, but absolutely astounded we’ve got this far into the summer only signing / replacing what we have. 

No idea of the reasons, not moaning about it, but absolutely nothing like the summer rebuild I was expecting. We might well end up where we are wanting to be come the end of the window, but I anticipated something far more impacting by this stage. 
    Well there's a lot of us bed wetters thinking this, much more & they'll be raising the Thames Barrier.

Maybe we're at our natural level but I do wonder whether our season ticket sales seem to have ground to a halt because so many people are thinking the same.
  • Options
    Out of interest, how many players have left since May (released or out of contract) & how many have we signed. The last bit I'm assuming is 8 (Macgillvrary, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, JFC, Stockley, Dobson & Clare). Just can't remember the exact number that left.
    Amos, Deji, Pratley, Shinnie, Oztumer, Maddison, Aneke all released.

Plus the 5 loans. 

So 12 out

Mac, Stockley, Famewo, Dobson and Clare in.

So 5 in

If you factor Davison and JFC in, who cancel each other out we are still 7 short on last season.  3 more perms? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just a random thought of someone I think we should have a look at. Jordan Jones from Rangers. Surplus to requirements even last year and loaned to Sunderland for half the season. Direct quick and skillful if not a bit inconsistent but what wingers aren’t. 

Hearing that Rangers want at least 500k for him but just a random thought from myself. Need to get this thread back on track somehow 😂
    Linked to Sunderland and Wigan in the Scottish press . Good player and I like the thinking. 
     Would be interested to see if we’re still interested in Kirk from Crewe carrying on from our January interest. Agent ballsed it up supposedly so curious if it’s causing an issue again if we were after him still

Kirk & DJ on 3 year deals would be a real state of intent. 
    From my mates in Crewe, the club have no intention to sell any further players this summer. 
  • Options
    Not heard a peep in nearly a week
    The excellent medical team are very thorough with their tests now.
  • Options
    Skipped about a thousand posts so apologies if it’s emerged more clearly why. But call me Wibbling Walter if you like, but absolutely astounded we’ve got this far into the summer only signing / replacing what we have. 

No idea of the reasons, not moaning about it, but absolutely nothing like the summer rebuild I was expecting. We might well end up where we are wanting to be come the end of the window, but I anticipated something far more impacting by this stage. 
    Wibbling Walter.
    Seriously?   :D
  • Options
    Out of interest, how many players have left since May (released or out of contract) & how many have we signed. The last bit I'm assuming is 8 (Macgillvrary, Matthews, Pearce, Watson, JFC, Stockley, Dobson & Clare). Just can't remember the exact number that left.
    I make it 10 and we’ve replaced half of them so far. Released/loans returned with replacement in brackets:

Shinnie (Clare)
    Oshilaja
    Pratley (Dobson)
    Aneke
    Amos (MacGillivray)
    Millar
    Famewo (Famewo)
    Stockley (Stockley)
    Maatsen
    Smith

However given NAs preferred formation an extra winger on top of Millar’s replacement would be good to have. Clayden or possibly Ghandour may take that spot. 

With JFC injured we could do with another CM, ideally a playmaker. Given how rarely Smith played they could be replaced by one player.

Maddison and Oztumer were also released but were already out on loan so don’t need replacing.
  • Options
    This is the worst rumours thread ever.

Not a rumour, that's a fact!
  • Options
    Skipped about a thousand posts so apologies if it’s emerged more clearly why. call me Wibbling Walter if you like, but absolutely astounded we’ve got this far into the summer only signing / replacing what we have. 

Well there's a lot of us bed wetters thinking this, much more & they'll be raising the Thames Barrier.

Maybe we're at our natural level but I do wonder whether whether our season ticket sales seem to have ground to a halt because so many people are thinking the same.
    I think even the biggest optimists amongst us (those that always think everything is rosy & used to chant "there's only one Matty Southall") would admit that this summer has not gone to plan.

I genuinely think TS & NA did have big intentions but things have simply not gone as they expected i.e. the big sponsorship deal didn't materalise (& we ended up having to ask previous partners to help us out), the salary demands from our targeted players have been higher than anticipated & the fierce competition from other league one clubs has taken us by surprise (no one expected rival L1 clubs to offer 9-10k per week deals).

As Bowyer infamously used to say..."it is what it is".... Let's hope we still bag ourselves a few transfer coups before the window closes.
  • Options
    I don’t know the prices being quoted versus what’s expected in a months time when players panic but I find it odd that’s it’s worth waiting and having no pre-season with a quarter of the squad. 

How many points will we lose due to being behind on recruitment and how much are those points worth?

Its disappointing no matter how it’s spun
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    I completely agree about being so thankful to even have a club with everything we have gone through and how close we have been over the last few years, especially last year. Sandgaard really did save us from the brink.

However, we simply cannot use that reasoning every single time. We all are so thankful to be in this position right now, we all love the club beyond ways we can imagine to describe.

The fact is, we haven’t made the strides many we’re expecting, we haven’t pushed on in the way many had hoped.

It’s the open training session tomorrow, just over a week before the season starts, and we have over half of our recruitment still to do in the final month.

It’s not ideal. And yes I do believe we will get there, but people are right to feel concerned as other clubs are bringing in good players quite often now, whilst it seems very quiet on our front.

Yes, since Adkins has come in, everything is being run far more hush hush, which isn’t helping people feeling twitchy. Maybe a genuine rumour to be put out by Cawley will help people for a bit. But we know he only posts when he can.
    Yes I agree,I think it’s only right we show our appreciation that TS has saved our club, but also think we need to use that enthusiasm and new beginning feel and move forwards and not just be accepting and thankful.I want TS to back his brash words up with actions.It would be nice to here we have put in a couple of cheeky bids for players, for example a couple of the lads that ripped us a new one against Crewe. Just to give us that little bit of hope, but im guessing there’s a lot of poker being played at the moment, which is why it’s so quiet.I hope that’s the reason anyway.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Just a random thought of someone I think we should have a look at. Jordan Jones from Rangers. Surplus to requirements even last year and loaned to Sunderland for half the season. Direct quick and skillful if not a bit inconsistent but what wingers aren’t. 

Hearing that Rangers want at least 500k for him but just a random thought from myself. Need to get this thread back on track somehow 😂
    Linked to Sunderland and Wigan in the Scottish press . Good player and I like the thinking. 
     Would be interested to see if we’re still interested in Kirk from Crewe carrying on from our January interest. Agent ballsed it up supposedly so curious if it’s causing an issue again if we were after him still

Kirk & DJ on 3 year deals would be a real state of intent. 
    We are as far as I'm aware.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Maybe we're at our natural level but I do wonder whether whether our season ticket sales seem to have ground to a halt because so many people are thinking the same.
    I think even the biggest optimists amongst us (those that always think everything is rosy & used to chant "there's only one Matty Southall") would admit that this summer has not gone to plan.

I genuinely think TS & NA did have big intentions but things have simply not gone as they expected i.e. the big sponsorship deal didn't materalise (& we ended up having to ask previous partners to help us out), the salary demands from our targeted players have been higher than anticipated & the fierce competition from other league one clubs has taken us by surprise (no one expected rival L1 clubs to offer 9-10k per week deals).

As Bowyer infamously used to say..."it is what it is".... Let's hope we still bag ourselves a few transfer coups before the window closes.

I broadly agree with you, but let's be realistic about sponsorship deals. There was never going to be a deal in L1 that would impact transfer dealings more than fractionally, if at all. The club would have known that - and if it didn't then there is a problem.
  • Options
    It's painfully obvious we're behind where we need to be. Let's just hope our first 11 can stay fit and get some early points on the board as our first team is still very capable.

I've liked what I've seen in bits from our pre season games so hopefully once the football actually starts we'll see what an Adkins team can do. 3 points on the opening game will certainly calm some of the preseason jitters.
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Just out of interest did you know from day one southall was a wrong’un?,I for one probably because we so badly needed a new owner that cared for the club was encouraged by the news.(I obviously didn’t have a crystal ball). I think it’s a little unfair to dig people out for supporting someone we thought was going to be good for us. Let’s wait and see what happens, I find it very hard to believe TS  and NA are not ambitious enough to not get things done.
  • Options
    Still waiting for that signing that will get us on our feet. Starting to think that’s not going to happen now. We’ll sign a few I’m sure but we’re at the start of a rebuilding process that’s going to take quite a while. 
  • Options
    I think most of us expected a complete overhaul this summer. There's no denying that things are very slow & i think our recent history makes us all a bit pessimistic by default. 

I'm definitely concerned by the lack of signings, even more so by the lack of rumoured potential signings. 

As others have said, it's important to remember how close we were to going out of business & that Thomas Sandgaard saved us. For that reason, he must be given some slack & time to show he means business, but I think it's also fair to understand fans concerns, given our recent past.

I'm really hoping Adkins & Sandgaard pull through for us with a few signings in the next couple of weeks & I still think they will,but can understand the other side 
  • Options
    Skipped about a thousand posts so apologies if it’s emerged more clearly why. But call me Wibbling Walter if you like, but absolutely astounded we’ve got this far into the summer only signing / replacing what we have. 

Hush your mouth ! Don't you know that it is sacrilege to question anything to do with our transfer policy. Just because lots if other teams are signing players doesn't mean its the right thing to do. They will all go belly up due to high fees & wages and we will win the League by being the last man standing. 
    I'm an accountant, so prudence is my middle name, but it does amuse me when football fans suddenly start extolling the virtues of spending less on transfers and wages than our rivals  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    …very quiet since the Clare signing…
    oh do give over
    As if any CL pantwetter had the first notion he was on the way more than 24hours previous 
    we don’t know anything ahead of time and that’s exactly as it should be
    it’s naff all to do with us until it’s done 
    WIOSLP
    get an actual hobby 
    watch more telly
    have a day off 
    you’ll feel better 🙄🙄🙄
  • Options
    Eisa and Parrott both played in League 1 last season. Combined record 4 in 45. Stockley got double the goals in half the games, how comes MK Don's are now going to score bundles?  
    They've got Watters on loan who scored 13 goals in 15 games last season. 
  • Options
    Eisa and Parrott both played in League 1 last season. Combined record 4 in 45. Stockley got double the goals in half the games, how comes MK Don's are now going to score bundles?  
    Yes in the league below after not being deemed good enough by Doncaster. Cardiff didn't give him a shot, he's a massive risk. I actually would have had Eisa as 2nd choice but I certainly don't look at Eisa, Watters and Parrott and think they will score bucket loads. Wouldn't be totally surprised if all three contribute but I'd prefer Stockley over all three. 
  • Options
    Yes in the league below after not being deemed good enough by Doncaster. Cardiff didn't give him a shot, he's a massive risk. I actually would have had Eisa as 2nd choice but I certainly don't look at Eisa, Watters and Parrott and think they will score bucket loads. Wouldn't be totally surprised if all three contribute but I'd prefer Stockley over all three. 
    Eisa, Watters and Parrott is better overall than Stockley and Davison. 

Over the course of the season you'd rather have 3 decent options than 1 good one. 
  • Options
    Eisa, Watters and Parrott is better overall than Stockley and Davison. 

Over the course of the season you'd rather have 3 decent options than 1 good one. 
    But Parrott has 2 goals in 38 professional mens football. Eisa did nothing last year and Watters has only scored goals at League 2 level. You're also missing Washington out of that list and I have no doubt we'll add one if Schwartz goes too. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!