Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious
    Because we have 19 first-team players currently.

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

If you look at our first 11 + bench it wouldn't make play-offs currently. 
    Depending on how they play as a team.

I’ve seen a lot to like in the pre season friendlies. Midfield seems a yard quicker, our pressing is better and more consistent, our passing is improving, and our shape is more solid. 
    I think we’re getting the basics right, and the way we develop our academy ‘products’ will be increasingly part of the long term business model for the club. 
    Pretty sure we’ll bring in a left back, a centre back, and a winger. And possibly another striker. 
    Let’s not get too despondent about the lack of star signings. I think we’re heading steadily in the right direction, and that’ll do for me, as I took the talk of Premier League in five years with a massive pinch of salt. 
     5 year plans never work,they just roll over into an endless 5 year plan that never delivers. 4 year plans are as bad.

Parliament had 5 year terms , now 4. USSR 5. None work. 
    Sky promised to win the Tour de France in five years and did it in three. 
    On practically unlimited resources 
    And no drugs whatsoever 
    Carefully you’ll get jumped on! 
    Yup. Wrong thread. 
    And everyone knows it was rounder wheels. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    AndyG said:
    I dont get all the negativity at the moment. From what I have seen so far the team are playing a far more cohesive style of football and look to be performing well. Sure we need some extra players for strength in depth but some of the meltdowns on here based on not signing certain players that are actually worse than we already have is getting tedious

We are currently behind our promotion rivals in terms of the transfer market, that's a fact that can't really be disputed. 

Depending on how they play as a team.

I’ve seen a lot to like in the pre season friendlies. Midfield seems a yard quicker, our pressing is better and more consistent, our passing is improving, and our shape is more solid. 
    I think we’re getting the basics right, and the way we develop our academy ‘products’ will be increasingly part of the long term business model for the club. 
    Pretty sure we’ll bring in a left back, a centre back, and a winger. And possibly another striker. 
    Let’s not get too despondent about the lack of star signings. I think we’re heading steadily in the right direction, and that’ll do for me, as I took the talk of Premier League in five years with a massive pinch of salt. 
     5 year plans never work,they just roll over into an endless 5 year plan that never delivers. 4 year plans are as bad.

Parliament had 5 year terms , now 4. USSR 5. None work. 
    Sky promised to win the Tour de France in five years and did it in three. 
    On practically unlimited resources 
    And no drugs whatsoever 
    Carefully you’ll get jumped on! 
    Yup. Wrong thread. 
    And everyone knows it was rounder wheels. 
    Marginal gains mate. 
    (Plus pretty weak opposition at that time).
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    Has has the transfer / wages budget been cut?
    No they are higher then last season 
  • Options
    Not turning out to be the summer rebuild we all thought. 

When I said that 5 weeks and more ago I got pelted. Something has changed since TS and NA made those claims . Realism may have bitten a bit. However it is strange only one player we were interested in January  time has been procured. 
    All very odd in a way because neither TS or NA are given to over statement. 

Adkins wasn’t in charge in January though. It is totally possible that he isn’t interested in the players that Bowyer was. Clubs don’t just make a list and stick with it come what may.
    It may well be true and that is a good point but Roddy and Gallen were involved in recruitment 
    I wonder though how involved they were in Schwartz joining. I doubt Bowyer was.

If in Roddy and Gallen we trust then why not now. Kirk is a good player. 

Our problem is those out ,particularly LB and RCB and another GK or forward.

Ask @Rothko my opinion doesn’t matter............
     I never said your opinion didn't  matter.  I don't do twitter etc. Who is Rothko ?

I was joking mate. Rothko is the cad who gains the likes for copying someone else’s work. 
    good artist copies, but a great artist steals 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bloody hell, Ipswich have signed 10 new players. We are light years behind. 
    So have Morecambe… means ? 
    Shit, have I just obtained the rank of CL bedwetter?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

I’m going to have to dispute your ‘fact’.

Not all our presumed rivals are ahead, and that’s only if you think ahead means bringing in more bodies rather than actual quality. 

Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth and Doncaster have each brought in 2 or 3 more players than us so far. 

Oxford, Wednesday, Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham and Lincoln all have brought in the same or less players than us. 
    But some teams didn't lose 10 players like we did. Oxford, I believe, only lost 3. 

More apples & pears - just like the "our squad is in a better state than it was this time last season" bollox.

Its al about the context.
    Hi Golfie. A genuine question here mate, you say it is bollox that our squad is in better shape than last year. So you think a midfield of Pratley & Watson is better than what we have seen so far ? most of the players that have left didnt feature much for us anyway did they ? The only one I can think of that did is Chucks
    If you read what I have posted a couple of times recently I've been saying comparing the starting 11 against Crewe last year to the starting 11 against Sheff W this year is bollox. It seems rather obvious to me that we of course should be in a better position this season simply due to the chaos we were in last August & early September. Its not rocket science - we were under a transfer embargo & a wage cap fgs ! More importantly - are we in a better shape than against Hull last May ?

I have only seen us against Welling & missed the VP matches against Reading & Palace so I can'r really comment of the new players we've brought in. It sounds like both Clare & Dobson look handy players, and that Morgan is stepping up. But for me we are still missing a main striker & a winger. And we shouldn't be relying on loans for those important first teamers. 
    Sorry mate but I dont get how you can make such statements when you havent actually seen the recent games. Imo we are streets ahead of where we were and I have seen all of the games
  • Options
    So anyway, we've had 3 seemingly reliable sources. 1 saying a deal was done last Friday (same source that said a winger coming in that we had been looking at previously?), 1 saying 2 medicals were at least originally planned for today, and 1 saying they saw a car with Simsy as the license plate going to the training ground.

Instead of all this chat going in circles, we need some updates on these!

Sims being unveiled today or tomorrow would be the only reality consistent with all 3 sources.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Not all our presumed rivals are ahead, and that’s only if you think ahead means bringing in more bodies rather than actual quality. 

Ipswich, Wigan, Portsmouth and Doncaster have each brought in 2 or 3 more players than us so far. 

Oxford, Wednesday, Sunderland, Wycombe, Rotherham and Lincoln all have brought in the same or less players than us. 
    But some teams didn't lose 10 players like we did. Oxford, I believe, only lost 3. 

More apples & pears - just like the "our squad is in a better state than it was this time last season" bollox.

Hi Golfie. A genuine question here mate, you say it is bollox that our squad is in better shape than last year. So you think a midfield of Pratley & Watson is better than what we have seen so far ? most of the players that have left didnt feature much for us anyway did they ? The only one I can think of that did is Chucks
    If you read what I have posted a couple of times recently I've been saying comparing the starting 11 against Crewe last year to the starting 11 against Sheff W this year is bollox. It seems rather obvious to me that we of course should be in a better position this season simply due to the chaos we were in last August & early September. Its not rocket science - we were under a transfer embargo & a wage cap fgs ! More importantly - are we in a better shape than against Hull last May ?

I have only seen us against Welling & missed the VP matches against Reading & Palace so I can'r really comment of the new players we've brought in. It sounds like both Clare & Dobson look handy players, and that Morgan is stepping up. But for me we are still missing a main striker & a winger. And we shouldn't be relying on loans for those important first teamers. 
    Sorry mate but I dont get how you can make such statements when you havent actually seen the recent games. Imo we are streets ahead of where we were and I have seen all of the games
    Take it with a huge pinch of salt. 

We've been playing friendly games against reserves and lower division clubs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Davo53 said:
    There is some people on here waiting and hoping that we get loans from premier league clubs and hoping for promotion.If that happens all well and good,but then the players go back to their respective clubs and we go crashing back down to league 1.The only way to progress is to spend money on class players tie them down on 3 year contracts ,that’s called stability. You can’t bank too heavily on the youngsters coming through ,although it’s great to see that happen,realistically you will only get one or two of them will be good enough to cut the mustard.
    I can't add alot that others haven't said, but there's a huge difference between having multiple loan spots as the spine of your team vs having 1 or 2 to compliment the players that are actually yours.

I also ironically managed to guess who had liked this without hovering over the name.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Take it with a huge pinch of salt. 

We've been playing friendly games against reserves and lower division clubs. 
    Apologies I forgot to take into account the major step up in opponents that we are up against this season. Apparently league one this season is full of Barcelona's 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

Fucking hell, here you go again. It you scroll back, plenty of people took it upon themselves, including me, why it isn’t bollocks and how, yes, it isn’t rocket science. You either purposely ignore what others say or you just enjoy writing and reading your own inane, miserable, negative shit on repeat.

The whole Golfie is moaning thing was funny to begin with but now It’s exhausting because it just hogs the whole thread.
    You can add a few more names to that list
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    Why do people keep comparing our transfer business to Ipswich? Their new owners have come in and put in £40m straight away and are obviously planning on spending big to get out of the division. We aren't, we're sticking to a budget like a normal club, which we should be happy with given the money troubles we've had for the past 12 odd years. Sure, we want to get promoted, but we'll be looking to do that via sensible signings rather than just buying every player in existence. Do Leicester fans piss their pants when Chelsea sign more players than them?
    Exactly, all you need to look at is how many regular 1st team players they have lost this summer. They needed a complete squad rebuild. Is ridiculous to compare our transfer window to theirs. 
    Don't let facts get in the way of a good fkin argument mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    esseffect said:
    I’m begging you all to just leave this to rumours and opinions on rumours.
    You'd have nothing to read all day... :'(
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Well, I've just read today's offerings and they amount to a big fuck all.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    esseffect said:
    But at least you had something to read... If all the threads on Charlton Life constantly said 0 new posts, I don't think many would bother coming back. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    cafcfan said:
    esseffect said:
    But at least you had something to read... If all the threads on Charlton Life constantly said 0 new posts, I don't think many would bother coming back. 
    Exactly Dazzler..it's the hope that keeps you going...and going..........and going............and... B)
  • Options
    Waiting for a transfer rumour…

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!