Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    tajaddick said:
    Barrie Mckay former Swansea and Rangers winger 26 years old. Mentioned to me today by a friend in Scotland as a possible target. 
    Proper rumour

Never heard of him.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Vfrf said:
    noise on another forum that nigel may not be happy with sandgaard, something about broken promises. sounds a bit like panic to me, anybody itk have anthing to say ont hat?
    Write down 12 random Charlton related headlines in a circle. Take a bottle. Spin it. 

The headline it lands on will have more chance of being correct than anything on that other forum. 

It’s like Ackworth cloned himself 100 times and they all congregated over there.

it used to be decent, just full of arguing these days...
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Vfrf said:
    noise on another forum that nigel may not be happy with sandgaard, something about broken promises. sounds a bit like panic to me, anybody itk have anthing to say ont hat?
    Hmmmm noticed he wasn’t his usual chirpy positive self. Perhaps he’s unhappy or just recovering from COVID but I’m not reading too much into it. Seems Louis and Cawley are holding back asking if we’re close to signing anyone for some reason. 
  • Options
    tajaddick said:
    Barrie Mckay former Swansea and Rangers winger 26 years old. Mentioned to me today by a friend in Scotland as a possible target. 
    Proper rumour

Never heard of him.
    I googled him the other day because I had never heard of him.  I think it was on the Pompey local press, may have been someone else's, list of players they could be after. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Vfrf said:
    Write down 12 random Charlton related headlines in a circle. Take a bottle. Spin it. 

The headline it lands on will have more chance of being correct than anything on that other forum. 

It’s like Ackworth cloned himself 100 times and they all congregated over there.

The worst culprit is over here now as well 👀!
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Vfrf said:

The worst culprit is over here now as well 👀!
    👀👀👀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Vfrf said:
    Ha! Even if that were true Adkins is FAR too professional to have told anyone that. Jesus, people are so damn keen to try and find negatives in positive situations.

its why we can't have nice things :)
  • Options
    No idea what thrill these people get from making so much shit up 
    Ask him he is here. 
  • Options
    People just love to moan about something, I don’t think Gunter playing as left back is the complete end of the world like everyone seems to think, we could be a lot worse off! I think he played well tonight and could actually be an advantage with him cutting it on his right foot to cross to Stockley.
    Agreed. I will be negative if we don't sign a LB by the end of the window but having Gunter or even someone like Oguntayo for a few games shouldn't hurt too much. 
  • Options
    People just love to moan about something, I don’t think Gunter playing as left back is the complete end of the world like everyone seems to think, we could be a lot worse off! I think he played well tonight and could actually be an advantage with him cutting it on his right foot to cross to Stockley.
    It's not the end of the world, I don't think anyone is claiming it is.  If, for example, Purrington did his Acl on the 1st of September we would be left with 2 right backs who have to both play every week and Roddy and Barker as our only professional cover.

You can't go into the season with 1 left back, those days need to be in the dim and distant past.  Look what happened when we did it with Page, we were lopsided for months until Purrington came in and we improved massively just through balance.  He isn't Ashley Cole is he. 
  • Options
    Ogilvie is still without a club after leaving Gillingham, he’ll be on our radar for sure
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    Ogilvie is still without a club after leaving Gillingham, he’ll be on our radar for sure

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that’s he’s played the last two PSF’s for the Gills. He’s obviously still hopeful of a Champ move but fingers crossed we’ll go in for him. 
    Dempsey is a decent player there too.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Mendez Gomes has looked tidy
    You are watching a different game to me. Our youngest are better as back up. Thank you for helping us out, but no thanks mate
    Agree with Josh (except the Mendez part). Decent player. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

Before anyone wets the bed Nigle isn't talking to us.  He is talking to anyone that just added 100k to the loan fee for their left back or an agent representing an unemployed left back in the Gillingham area. 

Canny fucker is mister nice guy.  
    Don’t understand this at all. Just me?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

Before anyone wets the bed Nigle isn't talking to us.  He is talking to anyone that just added 100k to the loan fee for their left back or an agent representing an unemployed left back in the Gillingham area. 

If a manager publicly says we urgently need a left back then any club/agent we're talking to will increase their demands knowing we're desperate to sign their player ASAP.
    Thank you, I was just about to reply "yes". 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

If a manager publicly says we urgently need a left back then any club/agent we're talking to will increase their demands knowing we're desperate to sign their player ASAP.
    Nice one, went over my head!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

That’s true but won’t any club or agent knowing we probably do need a left back know that Adkins would say we don’t. Also  most agents know exactly what positions we’ve been enquiring about for months
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From the match thread

That’s true but won’t any club or agent knowing we probably do need a left back know that Adkins would say we don’t. Also  most agents know exactly what positions we’ve been enquired about for months
    I'm sure they will, it just means we don't look as desperate compared to if he had said with BP out we need someone in this week, for example.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    TS has retweeted this... he still believes.

Easier to show the full image:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!