Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Just heard Adkins telling the players to spread out
    Let's just make sure he gets them playing with a smile on their faces. 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From what I hear we are still bidding on players but the other clubs want more than we're offering.

Now you can spin that as "we're being sensible and not being held to ransom, we'll go back nearer the end of the window and get a lower price"

Or

"we're being unrealistic and TS is too tight/skint to spend what's needed to get promotion"

depending on how full/empty your glass is.
    I know two league one clubs have quoted us ridiculous prices for strikers .. even after we made very good offers ( more then Stockley price ) 
    No you don’t 
    Yes I do cause I have people who live in Plymouth and it was all over there local news 

Didn't make the local press though did it, or any of the "Instagram sites" as you call them. 

If its two how many clubs get on the Plymouth local news?

If you going to make shit up, like you do an a daily basis at least be consistent in your lies. 

Don’t take kindly to have members of my family called liars.. you can believe it or not all that matters is I know it’s true   .. so keep your comments to yourself in future  
    If it was all over ‘there local news’, surely even you could provide a link to an article that says we made a bid for Jephcott. 
    Narrator - he can't 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    sam3110 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    From what I hear we are still bidding on players but the other clubs want more than we're offering.

Now you can spin that as "we're being sensible and not being held to ransom, we'll go back nearer the end of the window and get a lower price"

Or

"we're being unrealistic and TS is too tight/skint to spend what's needed to get promotion"

I know two league one clubs have quoted us ridiculous prices for strikers .. even after we made very good offers ( more then Stockley price ) 
    No you don’t 
    Yes I do cause I have people who live in Plymouth and it was all over there local news 

Didn't make the local press though did it, or any of the "Instagram sites" as you call them. 

If its two how many clubs get on the Plymouth local news?

If you going to make shit up, like you do an a daily basis at least be consistent in your lies. 

Don’t take kindly to have members of my family called liars.. you can believe it or not all that matters is I know it’s true   .. so keep your comments to yourself in future  
    If it was all over ‘there local news’, surely even you could provide a link to an article that says we made a bid for Jephcott. 
    Isn't local news down that way a town crier?
    Could explain why Colin and his family are the only people on earth that knew about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I saw two magpies this morning whilst driving the car. Means only one thing, big day today ( not ITK)
    I've gota  bird feeder right outside my office window and there have been 3 magpies visiting it every day for about 2 months so i wouldn't get too excited
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if we can have an entire day tomorrow with zero bickering on this thread. If we do I'll donate £25 to the upbeats. If we fail, anyone who bickers must do the same :lol:

(I may as well just pay the £25 now as I'll probably be bickering)
    Bollocks to that!

Oh sorry, you said tmw!

I forfeit £25 to upbeats...

Great idea mate.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    ......... Guess people will end up waiting til after that game to buy or buy one in an undesireable location. One of those end blocks in the east or west - could be renamed the fairweather blocks?      
    Addick phones up the ticket office: "Hi, can I buy a season ticket in the West Stand near the halfway line, in the 'andy Fairweather-Low block?   

i wonder with all these new schemes being introduced whether there isn't a n opportunity to sell a 'season ticket and spot in the memorial garden in the south east corner' package ?  
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    I think our loan signings will be better this season, we no longer have to beg other clubs.
    Are you not hearing anything? Or burned by last year?
    Haven't heard anything, haven't asked...
    Fair enough, cheers
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    '115 new comments' he thought. 'Finally a rumour' he thought.  

When will I learn.

Bright side is some homemade sausage rolls have just landed on my desk.

Landed? Dropped by magpies? It’s a sign we are getting Andy Carroll (whose nickname is sausage roll).
  • Options
    Over 100 comments read whilst in the queue for something to eat in Ikea. I got exited when I saw Andy Fairweather’s name…. And then soon realised he is just another Joe Gomes. 
  • Options

Or

No you don’t 

It's 2021, it's not the days where people would only get their Charlton news once a week in the Mercury.

If we had made substantial offers for 2 strikers it would've 100% made the good old world wide web. But currently doing a search i can see absolutely nothing except old reports of our laughable (pretend) 4m bid for Ivan Toney when Southall was here.

Happy to be corrected if you can post links of these 2 bids and i'm wrong.
    Unfortunately, they’ll be no links as it’s just one of his daily wind-up posts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over 100 comments read whilst in the queue for something to eat in Ikea. I got exited when I saw Andy Fair-weather’s name…. And then soon realised he is just another Joe Gomes. 
    #thoughtsandprayers
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if we can have an entire day tomorrow with zero bickering on this thread. If we do I'll donate £25 to the upbeats. If we fail, anyone who bickers must do the same :lol:

(I may as well just pay the £25 now as I'll probably be bickering)
    Bollocks to that!

Oh sorry, you said tmw!

I forfeit £25 to upbeats...

Great idea mate.

Oh FFS... Now you've gone and made a mess of it all! 😉

I may or may not have put in my donation in advance 🤣
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Over 100 comments read whilst in the queue for something to eat in Ikea. I got exited when I saw Andy Fair-weather’s name…. And then soon realised he is just another Joe Gomes. 
    #thoughtsandprayers
    It’s the meatballs - I can never resist. 
  • Options
    Our best starting eleven, including the injured Purrington, looks pretty good for Third Tier. We also have decent replacements for several positions although we don't know how long Gilby will be out for and probably have to wait until January before JFK returns. Plus, no-one knows if Schwartz will make the grade and unfortunately we suspect Innis will get injured sooner rather than later going by his track record. After what happened to us in the Championship 19/20 season I think we are all fraught that injuries will wreck our promotion challenge hence the furore on this Rumours (or lack of Rumours) thread. IMO we must sign another left back/wingback and have proper cover for Innis although I hope young Deji can get a run out in the lesser cup games. Clayden might be able to cover for DJ but for me the big query is whether Schwartz can step in for Washington or Stockley? If not we need another striker. We shouldn't rely on Davison as third choice striker.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!