Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Would be ridiculous in League One. 

Can’t see it unfortunately. 5m fee banded about. Linked to Brentford, Watford and even Leverkusen on the twittersphere!
    Nor me. Liverpool made it clear recently that they want maximum value for their investment in over age development players.

No bargain to be had here. Not one that League One clubs can afford anyway.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?
    Their major signing is probably Alex Pritchard. 

They've got Corry Evans that is a decent midfielder from the Championship. Probably why they weren't too bothered about letting Dobson go. 

They need a top striker as well which doesn't help us with our hunt for one either. 
    We aren't going to sign a "top striker" or a nippy goal scorer.  Why?  Because we wouldn't play them.  The same reason we didn't sign the wingers people wanted when we were playing the diamond.

Rightly or wrongly we have a very established way of playing.  The signings we do make will be to improve that way of playing, not completely change it. 
    The I suggest we sign a shed more defenders as we ain't going to score enough goals to win if we concede more than 1.
    But surely everyone knows now roughly how we are going to play, more often than not, I am really surprised that people are even suggesting other wise.

After 18 months of randomness we now have a clear identity and way of playing and people still expect signings out side of that blueprint.

I can't say I am suprised after some of the nonsense spouted during the Euros. 
    well, ok then. If that is the way we are going to play then surely Schwartz should have been ditched months ago as he doesn't fit into that style of play and another 2 or 3 wide/attacking mids brought in that do. 

It seems to me that we have a style of play but not the players to play it  -

just one natural wide player  (DJ)

Washington playing wide when its not his position

trying to use one of the U23's (Claydon) to step up.
    Would that be anything to do with that fact the transfer window is still open for another 4 weeks and Nigel, Thomas and Steve have all said we are still bringing in new players?

Or is it because  of another reason. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?
    Their major signing is probably Alex Pritchard. 

They've got Corry Evans that is a decent midfielder from the Championship. Probably why they weren't too bothered about letting Dobson go. 

They need a top striker as well which doesn't help us with our hunt for one either. 
    We aren't going to sign a "top striker" or a nippy goal scorer.  Why?  Because we wouldn't play them.  The same reason we didn't sign the wingers people wanted when we were playing the diamond.

Rightly or wrongly we have a very established way of playing.  The signings we do make will be to improve that way of playing, not completely change it. 
    The I suggest we sign a shed more defenders as we ain't going to score enough goals to win if we concede more than 1.
    But surely everyone knows now roughly how we are going to play, more often than not, I am really surprised that people are even suggesting other wise.

After 18 months of randomness we now have a clear identity and way of playing and people still expect signings out side of that blueprint.

I can't say I am suprised after some of the nonsense spouted during the Euros. 
    well, ok then. If that is the way we are going to play then surely Schwartz should have been ditched months ago as he doesn't fit into that style of play and another 2 or 3 wide/attacking mids brought in that do. 

It seems to me that we have a style of play but not the players to play it  -

just one natural wide player  (DJ)
    Washington playing wide when its not his position
    trying to use one of the U23's (Claydon) to step up.
    Well, that'll tell you there will be more players coming in during the next few weeks - or Adkins will know he can't play his preferred system.

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Is that our new CB with LL?
  • Options
    been trying to upload a video of his speech but can't seem to do it - can video's not be uploaded onto here? 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    been trying to upload a video of his speech but can't seem to do it - can video's not be uploaded onto here? 
    Easiest way would be to upload to YouTube and post the link in here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either your standing on a box mate or Lennie is in trench?  Great picture.
    Our centre half makes Ryan Innis look small - glad he plays for us and not against us !! 6ft 7 
  • Options
    That fascia needs looking at before the rot sets in.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    At least its a a rumour, young 21 year old CB who played 50 times in all competitions last season for Forest Green. Signed a new contract a few months ago and a quick google suggests he was linked with Preston recently. Never heard of him but i like the sound of it. Sadly there’s no chance Innis will play 35/40 games of the season so we are light at CB.
    According to the FGR Web site he is a right back? 
    Believe he is a CB who can play RB
    5'11 according to wikipedia, so sounds more of a RB to me. And signed a new deal until 2023
  • Options

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Lennie with our POTY 
    JFC has certainly grown - I thought he had a knee issue, not a leg transplant.
  • Options
    Anyone mentioned Joe Bennett?  A bit on the older side but is still rapid.  Not a rumour more a suggestion. 
  • Options
    Nice pics Doucher, but start another thread! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    Last one then - our hottest academy prospect and a pro in this shot - i'll leave it at that - don't want to clutter up the thread with all the rumours to contend with ... 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

My brother in law  is in this photo lol
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    And what damage is the planting doing to the pointing
  • Options
    I've just heard a tasty rumour but can't find a thread to post it on - just ones showing an ex-manager at a BBQ.

oh well, never mind. 

• Options
    Addickted said:
    its on the list 
  • Options
    right, where's ronnie when you need him? can we get some rumours on here !!!!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    right, where's ronnie when you need him? can we get some rumours on here !!!!
    I'll check the other place...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!