Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Seed and Curbishley joint 1 and 2 - Lennie some way below them, then SCP

I always rated Mullery.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Seed and Curbishley joint 1 and 2 - Lennie some way below them, then SCP

I always hated Mullery.
    Fixed
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If it does happen then no doubt he will overnight turn into a world beater that we should be signing according to some 🤭🤭🤭
    So who are our world beater signings then? We are so quick to write off every other teams signings but quick to proclaim a bit part Oxford player and Sunderland reject as top class.

all I’m saying is we are not in a position to laugh at anyone else’s dealings 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and centre as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.

This time last year we were on the brink. A very real possibility of going out of business. Sandergaard might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is well in credit for effectively saving the club from going out of business.

He set his stall out very early on and made it clear he would be running things as a business. A business does not burn through a fuck ton of money that it potentially has no hope of recouping.

We all know the squad is thin, but the business we have done so far is good. There is no way we won't being additional players in before the window closes.

I wish people would stop with the I want it and I want it now bollocks. There are people on this thread who are like a fucking stuck record. Spouting the same shit over and over whilst launching toys round whatever room they are sitting in.

The sooner people accept that the club were just about at rock bottom and that unless you get a billionaire coming in with very deep pockets, coming back from that takes time, the better.
    I have not witnessed any tantrums, launching toys or "want it now bollocks", just people like myself with concerns that we have a weaker squad now than we did last season.

I want the very best for a club that I have supported for over 50 years and I am fully aware of the financial constraints and the bad ownership in the past, however there is no guarantee in your statement that we will be adding additional players before the window closes, who knows what the management team have in terms of plans.

All I do know is that we have a very weak squad to compete in league one and if we pick up any injuries or suspensions early doors we will be in a world of pain.

I suggest we all sit back and wait and see where we are in September.
    Do you really think we won't sign anyone else? Gallen has always said there'd be a few towards the end of the window and yesterday Adkins said it's our intention to bring a few more players in. Why lie and set expectations of signings if no one else is coming in?
     Equally why waste the last 3 weeks knowing we need a LB, a RCB, a wde player on the left, possibly a goalkeeper so AMB can go on loan,  a striker possibly.  

And that is 3 weeks wasted because I don't believe  we buy all the replacements. There are free agents out their. 
    We'll have been working on deals all that time, but sometimes players or clubs want to wait to make a decision or deals fall through.

If you believe Gallen he's working at it constantly.

"It’s tiring behind the scenes because it’s non-stop work, it’s every day. Every single day."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e83a2678ecb/director-of-football-steve-gallen-provides-summer-update
     Did I say that ? 
    You said he “wasted” the last 3 weeks which suggests you think he wasn’t working hard enough or got his priorities wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood, what do you believe he was doing in the last 3 weeks?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If it does happen then no doubt he will overnight turn into a world beater that we should be signing according to some 🤭🤭🤭
    So who are our world beater signings then? We are so quick to write off every other teams signings but quick to proclaim a bit part Oxford player and Sunderland reject as top class.

all I’m saying is we are not in a position to laugh at anyone else’s dealings 
    I'm not laughing at anyones signings. Infact I'm not that interested in players that other clubs are signing. All I'm saying is that everytime someone signs a player there is uproar saying we should have signed them
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and centre as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.

This time last year we were on the brink. A very real possibility of going out of business. Sandergaard might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is well in credit for effectively saving the club from going out of business.

He set his stall out very early on and made it clear he would be running things as a business. A business does not burn through a fuck ton of money that it potentially has no hope of recouping.

We all know the squad is thin, but the business we have done so far is good. There is no way we won't being additional players in before the window closes.

I wish people would stop with the I want it and I want it now bollocks. There are people on this thread who are like a fucking stuck record. Spouting the same shit over and over whilst launching toys round whatever room they are sitting in.

The sooner people accept that the club were just about at rock bottom and that unless you get a billionaire coming in with very deep pockets, coming back from that takes time, the better.
    I have not witnessed any tantrums, launching toys or "want it now bollocks", just people like myself with concerns that we have a weaker squad now than we did last season.

I want the very best for a club that I have supported for over 50 years and I am fully aware of the financial constraints and the bad ownership in the past, however there is no guarantee in your statement that we will be adding additional players before the window closes, who knows what the management team have in terms of plans.

All I do know is that we have a very weak squad to compete in league one and if we pick up any injuries or suspensions early doors we will be in a world of pain.

Do you really think we won't sign anyone else? Gallen has always said there'd be a few towards the end of the window and yesterday Adkins said it's our intention to bring a few more players in. Why lie and set expectations of signings if no one else is coming in?
     Equally why waste the last 3 weeks knowing we need a LB, a RCB, a wde player on the left, possibly a goalkeeper so AMB can go on loan,  a striker possibly.  

And that is 3 weeks wasted because I don't believe  we buy all the replacements. There are free agents out their. 
    We'll have been working on deals all that time, but sometimes players or clubs want to wait to make a decision or deals fall through.

"It’s tiring behind the scenes because it’s non-stop work, it’s every day. Every single day."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60e83a2678ecb/director-of-football-steve-gallen-provides-summer-update
     7 days a week then . For 3 weeks for no results.  Usually that gets a person the sack ! 

And that would probably  mean every club at the coal face and doing bog all. 

It's probably safe to assume then that he is actually working on getting things done rather than sitting on his arse all day since he hasn't been sacked.
     I was being sarcastic. 
    Oh fair enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?
  • Options
    But like ourselves, surely Sunderland will have to bring in further signings?
    I mean they just have to, otherwise they won't be able to compete.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?
    Their major signing is probably Alex Pritchard. 

They've got Corry Evans that is a decent midfielder from the Championship. Probably why they weren't too bothered about letting Dobson go. 

They need a top striker as well which doesn't help us with our hunt for one either. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

Did I say that ? 
    You said he “wasted” the last 3 weeks which suggests you think he wasn’t working hard enough or got his priorities wrong.

Maybe I misunderstood, what do you believe he was doing in the last 3 weeks?
     The club have signed no one in 3 weeks.  That doesn't  seem productive to me.   I didn't  say I believed or disbelieved Gallen as you suggested. I haven't  the faintest idea.  

Perhaps everyone is being over fussy. 
    Trouble is we all know we've got a fairly decent starting 11, plus the currently absent Gilbie and Purrington.
    Sure it can and should be improved on, but broadly speaking, there's a proper structure and gameplan, it's competitive - and  probably roughly on par with the best teams in the division.

Where we're obviously short is the depth to the squad. And we're right to be wary of this, seeing how key players missing for long periods during injury crises has wrecked the past 2 seasons.

But we are still building our squad and so is every team in the division, hindered by the slow market caused by the Euro Championships, and the Covid effect. We've even had word from Sunderland and Portsmouth supporters who think we've done much better business than they have.

Everybody hoped our business would be more or less done by now - but that's not our reality nor that of any other club in our division.

Is that Albie and Alex's lovechild?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool are looking for a buyer for winger Sheyi Ojo. Too old for the u23s now and was not sent to their training camp with the first team. Played 41 games in the Championship for Cardiff last season, scoring 5 goals. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Would be ridiculous in League One. 

Can’t see it unfortunately. 5m fee banded about. Linked to Brentford, Watford and even Leverkusen on the twittersphere!
  • Options
    Once the Premiership and champo teams start flexing their transfer activity- then we will see the players we have been enquiring about become available to move (like Adkins said we will be getting experienced players in) 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Liverpool are looking for a buyer for winger Sheyi Ojo. Too old for the u23s now and was not sent to their training camp with the first team. Played 41 games in the Championship for Cardiff last season, scoring 5 goals. 
    Prolific then sign him immediately!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Davo53 said:
    Chunes said:
    Prolific then sign him immediately!
    I guess he plays very wide? Jerome Thomas only scored 7 goals in his entire Charlton career, but I think most would agree he was a good player. Although I would accept that playing the winger in a 4-4-2 is a bit different.
  • Options

I’ll have the bollock tingle please!!!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    cfgs said:
    paulfox said:

I’ll have the bollock tingle please!!!
    I think it involves electrodes.
    😳, ok I’ll have two bollocks tingles please!!😜
    Put me down for a couple as well
  • Options
    Liverpool extract very good (high) fees for their fringe players so can't see us being able to move for him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!