Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:

But this is all just conspiracy, rather than just taking the manager at his word, that he does actually rate Davison. 

He heaped praise on him at the q&a and said he's scoring goals for fun in training. He said they're really pleased with him. 

At the end of the day, if a manager goes heaping praise on a player in public and they turn out to be poor, the manager knows his judgement is going to be called into question. 

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.... He rates the bloke. 
    So did Polish Pete & Danish Ronnie 
  • Options
    Still yet to be replaced: 

Maatsen, Aneke, Millar. 
    But I thought the general consensus was

Shit, Can only do 20 mins, & Shit

so no real need to replace
  • Options
    MattF said:
    On the basis that O'Rourke and FootyInsider247 are more or less the same entity, Ogilvie is due to have a medical at Pompey next week

I love how people on here immediately discredit sources like this and Peter O’Rouke because they sometimes get it wrong (things change FYI). 

They get more right than they do wrong. I imagine this deal will happen. 
  • Options
    If it does happen then no doubt he will overnight turn into a world beater that we should be signing according to some 🤭🤭🤭
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If it does happen then no doubt he will overnight turn into a world beater that we should be signing according to some 🤭🤭🤭
    People are saying we should be signing him already before it happened. 

But sure stick to worshipping Gunter at LB and Pearce at CB. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    People are saying we should be signing him already before it happened. 

But sure stick to worshipping Gunter at LB and Pearce at CB. 
    If Ogilvie wants to play center half, which given who has been saying it all summer I doubt, and Portsmouth sign him to play center back fair play to all 3 of them.

He wouldn't get in our team at LCB.  If Pearce being 2nd choice LCB is the biggest of your problems you'll win league 1.

If Ogilvie wants, or is willing, to play left back, he is 100% someone we should be in for and probably are. 

If he signs for Pompey and regularly plays left back he will be the second player I am really gutted we didn't sign, that signed for a league 1 club. IF. 

But that also depends who we sign because I would say it's about 80% likely we will sign a left back. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair, I thought Gunter has done well at Left Back in the last couple of friendlies
    He wore the captain's armband after Washington went off yesterday.

He had a long discussion with the ref after a run of nasty Fulham fouls.
  • Options
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and centre as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.

This time last year we were on the brink. A very real possibility of going out of business. Sandergaard might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is well in credit for effectively saving the club from going out of business.

He set his stall out very early on and made it clear he would be running things as a business. A business does not burn through a fuck ton of money that it potentially has no hope of recouping.

We all know the squad is thin, but the business we have done so far is good. There is no way we won't being additional players in before the window closes.

I wish people would stop with the I want it and I want it now bollocks. There are people on this thread who are like a fucking stuck record. Spouting the same shit over and over whilst launching toys round whatever room they are sitting in.

The sooner people accept that the club were just about at rock bottom and that unless you get a billionaire coming in with very deep pockets, coming back from that takes time, the better.
    I have not witnessed any tantrums, launching toys or "want it now bollocks", just people like myself with concerns that we have a weaker squad now than we did last season.

I want the very best for a club that I have supported for over 50 years and I am fully aware of the financial constraints and the bad ownership in the past, however there is no guarantee in your statement that we will be adding additional players before the window closes, who knows what the management team have in terms of plans.

All I do know is that we have a very weak squad to compete in league one and if we pick up any injuries or suspensions early doors we will be in a world of pain.

I suggest we all sit back and wait and see where we are in September.
    September? Ffs, Sandgaard and Adkins need at least a season to begin to unravel this mess.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Ogilvie scored a banger against us but I fail to see why there is such a clamour for him.  He’s not better than Famewo or Inniss and wouldn’t want to come and play second fiddle.

if he were happy to play left back then he’d possibly be worth a look but Purrington is adequate in the current climate

and for all the fans bemoaning the lack of depth - look at EVERY other club below the championship and you’ll see we are ALL in the same boat.  A lot of teams will be utilising their academy players and do you know what - we have a better academy than they do. 
    Agree.  I think it will be a very weak league again this season.  Potentially Ipswich and Wigan will be the strongest first XI’s and squads overall, but nothing I see says it’s going to be as competitive as it was 3 years ago when we went up and you could say that us, Luton and Barnsley were strong, with Sunderland sort of making up a strong 4th team, and Doncaster and Pompey in an around for the majority of the season.

I fully expect another season like last year. Potentially 2 teams taking control, and us, among a few others, flattering to deceive and being the runners to make up the play offs. 
  • Options
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and centre as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.

This time last year we were on the brink. A very real possibility of going out of business. Sandergaard might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is well in credit for effectively saving the club from going out of business.

He set his stall out very early on and made it clear he would be running things as a business. A business does not burn through a fuck ton of money that it potentially has no hope of recouping.

We all know the squad is thin, but the business we have done so far is good. There is no way we won't being additional players in before the window closes.

I wish people would stop with the I want it and I want it now bollocks. There are people on this thread who are like a fucking stuck record. Spouting the same shit over and over whilst launching toys round whatever room they are sitting in.

The sooner people accept that the club were just about at rock bottom and that unless you get a billionaire coming in with very deep pockets, coming back from that takes time, the better.
    Nailed it.

Aaaaagh, that's brown nosing.
  • Options

I DON'T ACCEPT IT. I WANT A PONY. AND I WANT IT NOW!

Is that a pony and trap?, a my little?Or an actual 4 legged variety?!!😜 if it’s the 1st one I feel a little sick and find it too much information.😂🤢😜
  • Options

I DON'T ACCEPT IT. I WANT A PONY. AND I WANT IT NOW!

Is there a queue for the toilet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    arny23394 said:
    RedJohn said:
    Ogilvie is 25, the best team he has played for as an adult is Gillingham, that says it all really.
    Incredibly naive view - the best team Jamie Vardy had played for at the age of 24 was Fleetwood Town, who were in the conference.
    Was going to say exactly the same thing. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    well i've got nothing to add on the signings front and this isn't really going to help people fretting about a lack of signings but i can report that Lennie Lawrence came round my house yesterday - what a legend 
    I didn’t know he was a voluntary help in the community worker. 😉
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    DOUCHER said:
    well i've got nothing to add on the signings front and this isn't really going to help people fretting about a lack of signings but i can report that Lennie Lawrence came round my house yesterday - what a legend 
    I didn’t know he was a voluntary help in the community worker. 😉
    see ur still as funny as ever  :D
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Lennie or you?
    Lennie of course :):smile: and i thanked him for all he did for us in keeping the club afloat and doing such a great job although i did say that the 3-0 defeat to millwall at selhurst was one of the worst days of my life - he apologised and also accepted it wouldn't have happened had i been pulling the strings in centre mid !!! - all joking aside, it was very interesting - he said there were too many cockneys in the team and he purposefully went out and signed northerners and scots and concentrated mainly on rebuilding the defence - also, he felt he had to go as he couldn't keep selling, selling, selling to fund the valley return - 3rd in my list of all time charlton great managers 

Interesting comment regards the recruitment, and it worked.
    1st in the list though.
  • Options
    Seed and Curbishley joint 1 and 2 - Lennie some way below them, then SCP
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!