Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Just looked up Ojo’s career to date. No chance he’s dropping down to L1.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    mendonca said:
    Liverpool extract very good (high) fees for their fringe players so can't see us being able to move for him.
    I think it’s mental how Ibe and Solanke got sold for the amounts they did.  Young players that don’t make it at the top clubs and the prices they command is one of the biggest cons in the game in my opinion.  So many touted to the max over the years and end up getting sold onto lower Prem clubs (the ones that get relegated), or high end champ clubs. The Chalaboah’s, Loftus Cheek, Ibe, Solanke on a very large scale are good examples.  I believe Loftus Cheek may still be at Chelsea, but he’s not going to have a career there.  They are massively overrated players who clubs have to pay a ridiculous premium for 
    Agree in the main although harsh on Loftus Cheek whom I think would have been England material but for his injuries.  I see he is on his latest come back at the moment and wish him well.  He has played 50 odd times for Chelsea and about 100 for PL clubs in total, never dropping below that level to date.
  • Options
    We have a Twitter rumour. Young winger at Salford.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If it does happen then no doubt he will overnight turn into a world beater that we should be signing according to some 🤭🤭🤭
    So who are our world beater signings then? We are so quick to write off every other teams signings but quick to proclaim a bit part Oxford player and Sunderland reject as top class.

all I’m saying is we are not in a position to laugh at anyone else’s dealings 
     Cool your jets maverick, he wasn't laughing at others signings, he was laughing at the reaction of our fans to us not signing those same players. 

People acting like each and every player we've missed out on is a world beater.
  • Options
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?
    Their major signing is probably Alex Pritchard. 

They've got Corry Evans that is a decent midfielder from the Championship. Probably why they weren't too bothered about letting Dobson go. 

They need a top striker as well which doesn't help us with our hunt for one either. 
    Conversely we won't be helping them if we're in for the same players.
  • Options
    He features quite a bit in the doc about Gary Neville and Salford FC.
    Fast and small winger is about all I can add to that. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    17 followers.  Moving on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and centre as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.

This time last year we were on the brink. A very real possibility of going out of business. Sandergaard might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is well in credit for effectively saving the club from going out of business.

He set his stall out very early on and made it clear he would be running things as a business. A business does not burn through a fuck ton of money that it potentially has no hope of recouping.

We all know the squad is thin, but the business we have done so far is good. There is no way we won't being additional players in before the window closes.

I wish people would stop with the I want it and I want it now bollocks. There are people on this thread who are like a fucking stuck record. Spouting the same shit over and over whilst launching toys round whatever room they are sitting in.

The sooner people accept that the club were just about at rock bottom and that unless you get a billionaire coming in with very deep pockets, coming back from that takes time, the better.
    I DON'T ACCEPT IT. I WANT A PONY. AND I WANT IT NOW!

Is there a queue for the toilet?

Oohaah's been in there for the last twenty minutes, might be best to give it a while.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Davo53 said:
    Chunes said:
    Liverpool are looking for a buyer for winger Sheyi Ojo. Too old for the u23s now and was not sent to their training camp with the first team. Played 41 games in the Championship for Cardiff last season, scoring 5 goals. 
     Prolific then sign him immediately!
    I guess he plays very wide? Jerome Thomas only scored 7 goals in his entire Charlton career, but I think most would agree he was a good player.
    Only having a bit of fun mate, he would be a welcome addition.but what we really need is a goal poacher and fast ,otherwise I think we’ll be a mid table team with an outside chance of making the top six,as for automatic promotion you’ve got more chance of getting a wank off the Pope! Apologies to all catholics out there.😜
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Chunes said:
    Davo53 said:
    Chunes said:
    Liverpool are looking for a buyer for winger Sheyi Ojo. Too old for the u23s now and was not sent to their training camp with the first team. Played 41 games in the Championship for Cardiff last season, scoring 5 goals. 
     Prolific then sign him immediately!
    I guess he plays very wide? Jerome Thomas only scored 7 goals in his entire Charlton career, but I think most would agree he was a good player.
    Only having a bit of fun mate, he would be a welcome addition.but what we really need is a goal poacher and fast ,otherwise I think we’ll be a mid table team with an outside chance of making the top six,as for automatic promotion you’ve got more chance of getting a wank off the Pope! Apologies to all catholics out there.😜
    Where does the goal poacher fit in our 433?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm really confused with what's going on at Sunderland, considering they got taken over by a rich new owner a few months ago, and were expected to splash the cash

Us losing Chuks was a blow, but at least he went to the Championship. Sunderland losing a 25 goal striker to a L1 rival and still not bringing in a replacement is strange. They've been linked with Daniel Jebbison on loan from Sheff United, but surely can't expect  an 18 year old to be their main striker this season?

They've got Corry Evans that is a decent midfielder from the Championship. Probably why they weren't too bothered about letting Dobson go. 

They need a top striker as well which doesn't help us with our hunt for one either. 
    We aren't going to sign a "top striker" or a nippy goal scorer.  Why?  Because we wouldn't play them.  The same reason we didn't sign the wingers people wanted when we were playing the diamond.

Rightly or wrongly we have a very established way of playing.  The signings we do make will be to improve that way of playing, not completely change it. 
    The I suggest we sign a shed more defenders as we ain't going to score enough goals to win if we concede more than 1.
  • Options

• Options
    Scoham said:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    mendonca said:
    Liverpool extract very good (high) fees for their fringe players so can't see us being able to move for him.
    I think it’s mental how Ibe and Solanke got sold for the amounts they did.  Young players that don’t make it at the top clubs and the prices they command is one of the biggest cons in the game in my opinion.  So many touted to the max over the years and end up getting sold onto lower Prem clubs (the ones that get relegated), or high end champ clubs. The Chalaboah’s, Loftus Cheek, Ibe, Solanke on a very large scale are good examples.  I believe Loftus Cheek may still be at Chelsea, but he’s not going to have a career there.  They are massively overrated players who clubs have to pay a ridiculous premium for 
    Agree in the main although harsh on Loftus Cheek whom I think would have been England material but for his injuries.  I see he is on his latest come back at the moment and wish him well.  He has played 50 odd times for Chelsea and about 100 for PL clubs in total, never dropping below that level to date.
    Fair point - I think I added him in as they all seem to merge into one for me.  I group them as touted youngsters and hyped quite a bit when they first break through, and because I hadn’t heard of him pushing on, I just threw him in the same bracket 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    mendonca said:
    Fair point - I think I added him in as they all seem to merge into one for me.  I group them as touted youngsters and hyped quite a bit when they first break through, and because I hadn’t heard of him pushing on, I just threw him in the same bracket 
    Loftus Cheek's career is going backwards, was nothing special for a poor Fulham last season on loan
  • Options
    The Nigels are keen to sign him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Another one, CB from forest green apparently
  • Options
    At least its a a rumour, young 21 year old CB who played 50 times in all competitions last season for Forest Green. Signed a new contract a few months ago and a quick google suggests he was linked with Preston recently. Never heard of him but i like the sound of it. Sadly there’s no chance Innis will play 35/40 games of the season so we are light at CB.
  • Options
    At least its a a rumour, young 21 year old CB who played 50 times in all competitions last season for Forest Green. Signed a new contract a few months ago and a quick google suggests he was linked with Preston recently. Never heard of him but i like the sound of it. Sadly there’s no chance Innis will play 35/40 games of the season so we are light at CB.
    According to the FGR Web site he is a right back? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Just a wild stab in the dark but maybe he'll go to Cardiff?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting, think he plays both CB and RB. No idea how many of each last season
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We aren't going to sign a "top striker" or a nippy goal scorer.  Why?  Because we wouldn't play them.  The same reason we didn't sign the wingers people wanted when we were playing the diamond.

Rightly or wrongly we have a very established way of playing.  The signings we do make will be to improve that way of playing, not completely change it. 
    The I suggest we sign a shed more defenders as we ain't going to score enough goals to win if we concede more than 1.
    But surely everyone knows now roughly how we are going to play, more often than not, I am really surprised that people are even suggesting other wise.

After 18 months of randomness we now have a clear identity and way of playing and people still expect signings out side of that blueprint.

I can't say I am suprised after some of the nonsense spouted during the Euros. 
    well, ok then. If that is the way we are going to play then surely Schwartz should have been ditched months ago as he doesn't fit into that style of play and another 2 or 3 wide/attacking mids brought in that do. 

It seems to me that we have a style of play but not the players to play it  -

just one natural wide player  (DJ)

Washington playing wide when its not his position

trying to use one of the U23's (Claydon) to step up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Believe he is a CB who can play RB
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!