Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Obviously Joel Randall was a target...he was mentioned in January. Sad state of affairs when we lose out to Peterboro with their shitty stadium and donkey field of a pitch.....granted they are in the championship but we should be selling the club as having a very good chance of being there next season
    Yeah I'm sure the management team aren't doing that at all 🤣
    It's not helpful when players can see that we've not pushed the boat out though is it. If I was a player or an agent I'd be questioning our ambition. I'm pretty sure that Stockley might have 2nd thoughts if he was about to sign now. 
    I’d question the players ambition if he chose League 1 over the Championship.
  • Options
    Just got back from holiday with no signal to 1900 new posts.
    Might take you forever to read that little lot. But, trying to be helpful, here's the Bitesize:

There's 300 posts all blaming Sandgaard for making false promises and not paying over the top transfer fees and wages for average players.
    Steve Gallen is sitting on his hands, our squad is not good enough as it stands, nothing will change and we're doomed to struggle.

And 300 posts saying most other clubs in the division are no further adding to their squads than we are, slow market, the Covid effect, etc. And there's still 4 weeks to go until the window slams shut and it'll be all right on the night.

BTW don't miss the oversized pics of Doucher's BBQ. 

Nearly forgot ..... there's not actually any rumours. :smile:

• Options
    We really need everyone in because our first two fixtures will be big games when it comes to the end of the season. 

Dropping points to Sheffield Wednesday and Oxford will put us in catch-up mode already. 
    I don’t necessarily agree that it puts us in catch up mode but there’s definitely something to be said for spending a little bit more to get them in sooner rather than later. 

I’m not keen on this “waiting until 4 weeks into the season so we get them for a bargain basement price” strategy that seems to have emerged. 
  • Options
    New rumour alert - just seen on the u18s thread that Arsenal are meant to be signing our young striker Daniel Kanu.
  • Options
    I wonder if we are restricted in our budget, due to the fact Roland has whacked up the cost of the rent on the valley and the training ground?
    I thought that was a fixed period rent last year for 10 years.

RD increased it to £500k/year as part of the ESI deal I believe.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The one player we should hear about this week is Gomes. If he does sign I don't see us bringing in another CM.

My guess is it comes down to budget and value for money. He's probably seen as a left footed CM who could do a job with the hope that JFC will be back later on in the season. We more urgently need a LB and LW, and by the end of the window a RCB. Ideally I'd like one or two on top of that to add more goals and creativity to the squad.
    I do half wonder if Nige will plump for ‘good’ Deji to be the RCB , and save a bit of the budget to give him a shiny new contract, we’ll that’s what I’d do anyway.
  • Options
    How could  he with a signed agreement?

Sorry just checked the accounts and it was increased to £500k per year as part of the Sandgaard deal. This would have been agreed with Sandgaard as an amendment to the lease agreement and I'd like to think the current terms wouldn't allow him to increase it again beyond maybe adjusting for inflation.
  • Options
    Dion Charles (Accrington striker) was being linked to us by someone or other on Twitter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is unbelievable. The sense of entitlement is off the scale. Grown men spending another person's money and throwing keyboard tantrums left right and center as the other person isn't throwing his money round in a manner which they deem acceptable.
    Did you also say this about Roland?

• Options
    The lanyard around Gallen's neck seems to suggest he was at Gillingham or a guest of Gillingham's. The tweet is from 31st July, they were away at Leyton Orient that day. Maybe we're looking at Paul Smyth, rated winger/striker, an area we're certainly lacking...

You mean the Paul Smyth that we had on loan from QPR as a bit part player?

Don't think so!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    The lanyard around Gallen's neck seems to suggest he was at Gillingham or a guest of Gillingham's. The tweet is from 31st July, they were away at Leyton Orient that day. Maybe we're looking at Paul Smyth, rated winger/striker, an area we're certainly lacking...
    Except that it was taken at Fulham on Saturday.
  • Options
    Enhance
  • Options
    So who are the two?

I’ll go Dion Charles and Asante from Salford. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So who are the two?

Would happily take that even if I have a slight doubt about Charles in Adkins current formation. 
  • Options
    Two players that really caught my eye last season especially when we played them were Charles & Bishop from Accrington Stanley. Surely that's the kind of club we could negotiate a deal with, maybe sending one of our duds there as part of the deal or Davidson on loan? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So who are the two?

You think the United lads and a billionaire are going to be selling their best players?!
  • Options
    Think even Salford will have a price on someone like Thomas-Asante. Expect it to be pretty steep though, won't be like dealing with Swindon for DJ where they needed the cash
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    So who are the two?

Madger Gomes and someone on loan who’s never played a senior game of football before.

There is outrage on the forum as people continue to compare our incoming business to Ipswich and Wigan.
    Our Twitter man said Gallen claimed both were permanent signings 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!