Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The lanyard around Gallen's neck seems to suggest he was at Gillingham or a guest of Gillingham's. The tweet is from 31st July, they were away at Leyton Orient that day. Maybe we're looking at Paul Smyth, rated winger/striker, an area we're certainly lacking...
    Enhance
    Ahhh, cheers. Was a bit tired at 2.30 this morning!
    Yeah Fulham lanyard. 

@Callumcafc's enhance post made me chuckle, thinking of every bad Sci Fi film where they seem to be able to boost the resolution using digital zoom though. 

To be honest just saw the 'ham' and the colours and assumed it was Gillingham. The enhancement shows the Fulham badge on the lanyard anyway. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Enhancement !!!! Wtf. A aged one eyed badger can see that a Fulham yanyard. There’s even a Fulham badge on the fence behind them.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    tea lady could play left back, lets get the ammunition sorted first COYR !!!!
    She’s done her hamstring. 6 weeks minimum. 
    time for her assistant to step up 
  • Options
    Enhancement !!!! Wtf. A aged one eyed badger can see that a Fulham yanyard.
    ok ok it was 2.30 after a 19 hour day! 

Although I don't agree it's obvious normally (unless my laptop it shite). All I can see is a blue lanyard saying 'Ham' FC. 
  • Options
    Really disappointed to have missed out on Olgilvie.  He was just what we needed long term as moving forward we saw two years ago that Purrington isn't good enough for the championship. We showed with Stockley that we can compete with Pompey re wages.

Since Wiggins we have lacked good overlapping pacy full backs. Becoming a really important position in the game these days, often the most athletic players fill these positions. 
    have u not seen our tea lady ? 
  • Options
    Really disappointed to have missed out on Olgilvie.  He was just what we needed long term as moving forward we saw two years ago that Purrington isn't good enough for the championship. We showed with Stockley that we can compete with Pompey re wages.

Since Wiggins we have lacked good overlapping pacy full backs. Becoming a really important position in the game these days, often the most athletic players fill these positions. 
    Agree with your second paragraph 100% and have been saying it for a while. Is Ogilvie that man though? I hear he wants to play CB which doesn’t scream overlapping fullback to me. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In fairness, SG’s quite open and chatty if you meet him. Really nice guy. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    the last good attacking full back we had was Jay da Silva. Must admit i was slightly disappointed signing Matthews again, thought we may have had better lined up.
    Same but then looking at the fact we haven't replaced key players, my stance on the resigning altered.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Redhenry said:
    the last good attacking full back we had was Jay da Silva. Must admit i was slightly disappointed signing Matthews again, thought we may have had better lined up.
    Same but then looking at the fact we haven't replaced key players, my stance on the resigning altered.
    He defends very well and gets in good crosses when he goes forward. Nobody else was crossing the ball at Fulham. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know what lanyard Gallen was wearing I've not seen anyone confirm yet...
    ;)
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Does anyone know what lanyard Gallen was wearing I've not seen anyone confirm yet...
    ;)
    Ham FC apparently 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    I think we have genuinely forgotten what really good full-backs look like, to the point where competent ones get big love.
  • Options
    Would love to believe the Gallen rumour but would he really tell a random our transfer plans for the week...
    I expect he might insinuate his types of players we're talking to. I doubt he name dropped them. 

He has form of giving a little, without telling all. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I kind of get what you mean here Redhenry. I personally really like him and think he is "championship ready" but I see your point on the type of FB you think we need.
    Couldn't agree more on Jay De Silva he was a cracking little player. Before that, I was a huge fan of Nathan Byrne as well. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think we have genuinely forgotten what really good full-backs look like, to the point where competent ones get big love.
    Luke Young and Chris Powell. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Luke Young and Chris Powell. 
    I remember when people used to say Young wasn't good enough and we needed better etc etc 

Doesn't get enough love at all
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Have to disagree.

Dijksteel was a quality attacking full back IMO, and I think you’ll do well to name more than 3 better right backs then Matthews in league one.
    I know Dijksteel very well, his physical attributes were good, not really an attacking full back though. Matthews average.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    agreed - matthews is decent but is not a major threat going forwards or a major obstacle defensively 
  • Options
    Think the left back position has been put on back burner because of budget. Purrington is more than competent at League one and we have Gunter who is a seasoned international having played at left back when required for his country. Not a long term fix with either of those two but if there are budget restrictions and money needs to be spent elsewhere then I can understand it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!