Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Does anyone know what lanyard Gallen was wearing I've not seen anyone confirm yet...
    ;)
    Apparently you can see ‘Ham’ on the lanyard so we can definitely deduce that we’re groundsharing with West Ham because Thomas is selling the Valley to pay for the recording sessions for Addicks To Victory.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    I think we have genuinely forgotten what really good full-backs look like, to the point where competent ones get big love.
    agreed - matthews is decent but is not a major threat going forwards or a major obstacle defensively 
    He's kinda like a "nice" full back. Anyway, who are these 2 attacking players?!
  • Options
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    I think we have genuinely forgotten what really good full-backs look like, to the point where competent ones get big love.
    agreed - matthews is decent but is not a major threat going forwards or a major obstacle defensively 
    kyle walker he aint 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Does anyone know what lanyard Gallen was wearing I've not seen anyone confirm yet...
    ;)
    Birmingham, he’s off to join Bowyer.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    Ham FC apparently 
    Declan Rice signing today confirmed
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    Apparently you can see ‘Ham’ on the lanyard so we can definitely deduce that we’re groundsharing with West Ham because Thomas is selling the Valley to pay for the recording sessions for Addicks To Victory.
    I get the joke, it even raised a slight smile.
    However Sandgaard isn't able to sell the ground due to not owning it. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    When has a fact like that ever stopped some crazily huge conclusion jumping fllowed by putting it up as a valid supposition  🤪
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    Pedant
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    Ham FC apparently 
    Declan Rice signing today confirmed
    I wonder what time that weird bloke (ackworth????) will put this on Twitter 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    ;)
    When has a fact like that ever stopped some crazily huge conclusion jumping fllowed by putting it up as a valid supposition  🤪
    This is true, especially with us Lifers. 
  • Options
    Matthews is a more than adequate L1 full back (with Gunter), far more pressing areas within the squad
    I like Matthews  , he had good season when we were last in the Championship. Injuries hampered him last season , as did Bowyer's team selections.  Has shown glimpses of quality in the PSF's .
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    tea lady could play left back, lets get the ammunition sorted first COYR !!!!
    I'd heard Gunter was able to play in several positions - but didn't realise it was also his job to make the tea.

• Options
    when do we expect the squad numbers to be announced?
  • Options
    when do we expect the squad numbers to be announced?
    Friday
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redhenry said:
    Really disappointed to have missed out on Olgilvie.  He was just what we needed long term as moving forward we saw two years ago that Purrington isn't good enough for the championship. We showed with Stockley that we can compete with Pompey re wages.

Since Wiggins we have lacked good overlapping pacy full backs. Becoming a really important position in the game these days, often the most athletic players fill these positions. 
    Maybe we have another target, who said we were in for him...
    This.  Ogilvie seems to have taken mythical status on here and the socials.  I can see why people wanted us to sign him but if he was as good as some make out he wouldn't have signed for Pompey. 
    Given that we got the Pompey keeper and then outbid them for Stockley i'm inclined to think that if we wanted Ogilvie we could've got him.
    Someone said he wanted to play centre half this season, perhaps he just didn't fit in with our plans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a left back Sir Chris was.
  • Options
    That review covers nothing that the CL Rumours thread has not already!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    S Henderson coming back as backup goalkeeper allowing MB to go out on loan. Only a rumour  
    That would be interesting, where’s that come from?
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson isn't going to sign for us to sit on the bench. He'll get a Prem No3 or Champ No2 gig on much better money. 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    S Henderson coming back as backup goalkeeper allowing MB to go out on loan. Only a rumour  
    Would be happy with that. Hope he still has his Charlton Irish badge!!  ☘️ 😉
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chunes said:
    kyle walker he aint 
    But we are in league 1.  A league 1 that is massively under cooked, in terms of transfers.

Matthews, Purrington and Gunter aren't Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Maldini.   But they don't need to be.

When playing at full back none of those 3 were the reason we didn't get promoted last season.  Solid but not spectacular.  It doesn't matter where on the spectrum between Pep's Barcelona and the dog and duck second eleven we are as long as we are better than the other league 1 clubs.

I don't get the attitude of not caring about what other clubs are doing because it's as equally as important as what we do because funny enough that's who we are up against. 
    i don't disagree - more priority areas definitely and if it wasn't for our tea lady bei ng a bit too kyle walkeresque she probably wouldn't be out with the hamstring issues that have plagued her transition into left back 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!