Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Adkins wants tall players.
    Wiki says Lowery is 5ft 6 in.
    We should be signing Highery.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Think I'd take that.
    Think? I'd take that no question.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes, but a riposte to Dazzler's throwaway line about Bowyer's mood change, which is subjective and no doubt tongue in cheek.

My comment about Ronnie's miss is factual, in that if Ronnie had scored that, it would have been a 3 point swing against the team that made the playoffs. Just playing the hypothetical game.
    So are my examples. It always seems to be Ronnie miss that gets mentioned. Not the stockley or Washington ones.
    What if Bogle had taken the penalty at Gillingham and scored 🤔.  Then Washington could not have missed it but we wouldn't have known that was the play-off clincher.  
    Schwartz miss cost us 2 points against an eventual play-off team. 
    You could make up what if's all day.

What if Schwartz scored his penalty (that was well saved)

What if Oxford didn't have a man sent off giving away a silly and needless penalty against AFC Wimbledon

What if James Henry had stayed on the pitch and assisted/scored another goal?

What if Bowyer had gone in February?

What if we had a rumours thread that stayed dedicated to rumours and not last seasons results, random barbecues and loads of other pointless shit.

All the what-iffery in the world simply won't change the outcome because it is not reality... It is hindsight. 
    Had the penalty at Oxford been scored it would have been 1-0 as no time was left after really.  That is not conjecture. 1 point less for them, 2 more for us.

My point is there were 3 instances where we took it away from ourselves. Not 1, not 2 but 3.
    We shot ourselves in the foot numerous times last season, the last minute goals handed to Swindon and shrewsbury.

our squad needs strengthening, without question. We will be on the mix come may but we do need to stop the stupid individual errors that have cost us for 2 seasons running.
  • Options
    Didn't we get a last minute equaliser at home to Swindon?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Listened to the "Not The Top 20" podcast predictions and they go 
    1. Rotherham
    2. Ipswich
    3. Sunderland
    4. MK Dons
    5. Lincoln
    6. Charlton
    Was that recored before Martin went to Swansea? 
    No 30 July. They actually said MK Dons prediction depended on keeping Martin.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    iaitch said:
    Scored in the 90th minute, but still played a further six minutes

We did however get a last min equaliser @ Accrington
  • Options
    I might be clutching at straws but it seems that the posters who saw through ESI from the start are very different from the posters who are panicking over our so-so summer signings. If there was an overlap between the two groups I'd be concerned.
    I suggest if you follow them on Twitter you'd be in for an unpleasant shock.....
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    If a face could launch a thousand ships, then why can't I launch you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus Christ bring back Lennie Lawrence at the BBQ.
    BBQ on Monday. What ifs on Tuesday. 

I’m concerned what Wednesday will bring us on the rumours thread! 
  • Options

It won’t be a signing for sure!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    mart77 said:

@Dazzler21 get your list out, someone has mentioned a possible signing, someone called Jesus Christ!! B)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    mart77 said:

@Dazzler21 get your list out, someone has mentioned a possible signing, someone called Jesus Christ!! B)
    Good keeper good on a cross.

Olden but golden.
  • Options
    This thread is depressing.

Mind you, this summers transfer activity has been pretty depressing & the two go hand in hand
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Yes ..... but it doesn't count.

Negative posts only please.  :smile:

• Options
    I think I am going to Screeeeaaam. :s .we DIDN'T reach the playoffs..end of, can we pleeeease get off the if's, but's, maybe's, don't mind if I don'ts, and any other scenario that may or may not have been relevant...or not,... and maybe back to rumours  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Does anyone else think that Burton Albion are going to be quite a bit better than that predicted finish. JFH got them very tight last season and I can see them being a tough, well organised team again. 
    Not on is this not a rumour, it’s nit even related to charlton.

I love it 
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    Does anyone else think that Burton Albion are going to be quite a bit better than that predicted finish. JFH got them very tight last season and I can see them being a tough, well organised team again. 
    Not on is this not a rumour, it’s nit even related to charlton.

I love it 
    League prediction from FLW above. As Burton are in the same league and I think will be up there and doesn’t include a bald fat bloke eating a burger I thought it worth posting. 
  • Options
    Potentially? But they could also do a Sheffield United and fall apart over time.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes, but a riposte to Dazzler's throwaway line about Bowyer's mood change, which is subjective and no doubt tongue in cheek.

My comment about Ronnie's miss is factual, in that if Ronnie had scored that, it would have been a 3 point swing against the team that made the playoffs. Just playing the hypothetical game.
    So are my examples. It always seems to be Ronnie miss that gets mentioned. Not the stockley or Washington ones.
    What if Bogle had taken the penalty at Gillingham and scored 🤔.  Then Washington could not have missed it but we wouldn't have known that was the play-off clincher.  
    Schwartz miss cost us 2 points against an eventual play-off team. 
    You could make up what if's all day.

What if Schwartz scored his penalty (that was well saved)

What if Oxford didn't have a man sent off giving away a silly and needless penalty against AFC Wimbledon

What if James Henry had stayed on the pitch and assisted/scored another goal?

What if Bowyer had gone in February?

What if we had a rumours thread that stayed dedicated to rumours and not last seasons results, random barbecues and loads of other pointless shit.

All the what-iffery in the world simply won't change the outcome because it is not reality... It is hindsight. 
    Had the penalty at Oxford been scored it would have been 1-0 as no time was left after really.  That is not conjecture. 1 point less for them, 2 more for us.

My point is there were 3 instances where we took it away from ourselves. Not 1, not 2 but 3.
    Had Crewe not scored in the last minute at the Valley we'd have been in the Play-Offs

They equalised that night with the last kick of the game...
    Yes so that is 4 . Then there is Shrewsbury away too in the last minute. 
    Not to mention Oxford lost against Accrington | Northampton | Wimbledon after our draw - Had we beaten them thanks to Schwartz's penalty, whats to say they wouldnt have won those games as they'd have had a little more desperation about them
    Inspired by a home defeat in the last minute Oxford go on to win at least of 2 of 3 games they actually lost. Of course.  Lucky we only drew there then. 
    Its not a case of inspiration - Their job of getting into the Play-Offs would have instantly been harder

So would have had to work even harder to achieve their goal, perhaps those defeats were off the back of letting their guard down

As Golfie says, its all IFs...

We just dont know if the same set of results would have happened for both teams had the penalty been different
  • Options
    We were warned after years of turmoil that once the takeover was sorted, things may seem boring! 
    Well I didn’t expect it to be this boring 😟
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    We were warned after years of turmoil that once the takeover was sorted, things may seem boring! 
    Well I didn’t expect it to be this boring 😟
    You got a song by the owner, stop complaining! 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    This is becoming ridiculous.

I just came on here to see if there were any rumours on signings and all I can see are comments about last season and factors leading to us not making the playoffs. I know there are not many rumours on signings but how about those who want to discuss last season start a separate thread
    In the unlikely event of a rumour I think it’s better if a separate thread is started for that and all the bullsh@t is left in here. 
    If there is a genuine player close to joining then a new thread probably will be created for them
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!