Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    tea lady could play left back, lets get the ammunition sorted first COYR !!!!
    I'd heard Gunter was able to play in several positions - but didn't realise it was also his job to make the tea.

i've offered to do it 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    S Henderson coming back as backup goalkeeper allowing MB to go out on loan. Only a rumour  
    My only concern about this is that he hasn't played a first team game for two years and the season before that he only had  3  games at Wycombe on an emergency loan. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson isn't going to sign for us to sit on the bench. He'll get a Prem No3 or Champ No2 gig on much better money. 
    He wouldn't be a clear number 2 though would he?   If its true.  Not a priority but I always feel like the number 1 plays better when you have a proper number 2.  It would have been very brave to drop Amos for AMB. 
  • Options
    i find it very encouraging - i was getting worried about saturday after somebody's post yesterday but that article has reassured me
  • Options
    Yes the final squad won’t be in place until Sept.

But you do all realise there are 5 games before then? I would rather not throw 5 games - and whilst we could feasibly bring in the 5-6 top league one players we need on 31st August, I wouldn’t be that confident that we will then go on such a tear up of the division that we can give the rest of the league a 5 game head start.
    I love the idea that we're just sitting ducks for our first 5 games unless we some players now now now. We started last season with a backline made up of a centre mid, a 17 year old CB at RB and Oshilaja, with zero other defenders on the bench and more court appearances than senior left backs and we still only lost 2 of our first 5 games. The idea that we're throwing the first 5 games with a starting 11 including a new goalkeeper, two new midfielders, a new CB and a marquee signing up front is such bed wetting overkill I think you've gone through and wet a child's bed in Australia
    How much did we miss out on play-offs by again? 
  • Options

But you do all realise there are 5 games before then? I would rather not throw 5 games - and whilst we could feasibly bring in the 5-6 top league one players we need on 31st August, I wouldn’t be that confident that we will then go on such a tear up of the division that we can give the rest of the league a 5 game head start.
    I love the idea that we're just sitting ducks for our first 5 games unless we some players now now now. We started last season with a backline made up of a centre mid, a 17 year old CB at RB and Oshilaja, with zero other defenders on the bench and more court appearances than senior left backs and we still only lost 2 of our first 5 games. The idea that we're throwing the first 5 games with a starting 11 including a new goalkeeper, two new midfielders, a new CB and a marquee signing up front is such bed wetting overkill I think you've gone through and wet a child's bed in Australia
    A Bowyer and half a Taylor!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Stephen Henderson isn't going to sign for us to sit on the bench. He'll get a Prem No3 or Champ No2 gig on much better money. 
    He wouldn't be a clear number 2 though would he?   If its true.  Not a priority but I always feel like the number 1 plays better when you have a proper number 2.  It would have been very brave to drop Amos for AMB. 
    Why not? Actually no he wouldn't, a Number 2 needs to be fit enough to sit on the bench, Henderson would just be keeping the physios busy. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I'd heard Gunter was able to play in several positions - but didn't realise it was also his job to make the tea.

i've offered to do it 
    But that would be a waste your talent though.

Remember you're the best midfielder never to have played for Charlton. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:

i've offered to do it 

its amazing i haven't been mentioned on the 'one that got away' thread 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    DOUCHER said:

i've offered to do it 

its amazing i haven't been mentioned on the 'one that got away' thread 
    I know. Life's so unfair.

• Options
    The 54 games Henderson played for us is the most he's played for anyone...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’d missed that Wednesday received a suspended six-point deduction. If they have any problems paying wages between now and January, they’ll get the deduction. 
  • Options
    Matthews is a more than adequate L1 full back (with Gunter), far more pressing areas within the squad
    I like Matthews  , he had good season when we were last in the Championship. Injuries hampered him last season , as did Bowyer's team selections.  Has shown glimpses of quality in the PSF's .
    Matthews proved in the Championship season that he needs a run of games to get up to his consistent levels of performance he showed, so Bowyer making a million changes and not letting him have a consistent run in the side hampered his form.

Think he improved when NA came in and stuck with him in a relatively settled side. He'll be fine for us this season! 
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    S Henderson coming back as backup goalkeeper allowing MB to go out on loan. Only a rumour  
    That would be interesting, where’s that come from?
    the shitstirring imagination of a WUM
  • Options

How many points did we drop after those first 5 games? It’s that bad run in the middle that killed us, so many opportunities to pick up points wasted.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

How many points did we drop after those first 5 games? It’s that bad run in the middle that killed us, so many opportunities to pick up points wasted.
    A dropped point is a dropped point. You don't lose extra points for dropping them in the middle of the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
     B) 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Listened to the "Not The Top 20" podcast predictions and they go 
    1. Rotherham
    2. Ipswich
    3. Sunderland
    4. MK Dons
    5. Lincoln
    6. Charlton
  • Options
    Welsh, small, yet another midfielder, bad injury season before last.  Welcome Tom 👏🏻 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Listened to the "Not The Top 20" podcast predictions and they go 
    1. Rotherham
    2. Ipswich
    3. Sunderland
    4. MK Dons
    5. Lincoln
    6. Charlton
    Was that recored before Martin went to Swansea? 
  • Options
    Sad to see more problems being caused by another agent. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to confirm we lost out on playoffs by a Lee Bowyer mood change.

Being harsh on Rocket Ronnie, possibly by a missed penalty against Oxford in the 94th minute.
  • Options
    Lowery would be an excellent move , although I have a suspicion he'd want to follow Wintle and Ng to the Championship
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!