Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Not sure we have ever had leaks that much tbh.  Maybe a few last season where players like Ben Watson seemed to wait around for a long time for us to get our shit together but iirc the equivalent thread last year spent reams of posts talking about Harley Dean before we got Innis out of the blue, as an example.

No point worrying, hardly likely that Gallen is just down the Rose of Denmark with Ged and NAD, zooming TS whilst they knock em back.  Sure everyone is working hard to fill our squad with quality.
  • edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You can have all the money in the world but if you're spending it on Jordan Rhodes... 
    Scored 52 goals in his last 2 seasons at this level, let's wank ourselves silly over a Exeter winger who 90% of people have never seen play and has never played above league 2. 

Makes sense. 
    Randell Williams? Many of us have seen him play, he scored against us in 18/19 when playing for Wycombe in League 1.

I don’t know enough about Williams but I know I don’t want us bringing in too many older players who are on the way down. One or two is fine but that strategy didn’t work last season and we’re in a much better position to go and build a proper squad with 2/3 seasons in mind rather than 1.
    I never suggested that we should sign or Rhodes, or that we will.  He has either already signed for Huddersfield or will in the next few days.

I was making a general observation that some players are seen as the "right type" and others are quickly dismissed as a joke or a "no thanks".  Quite often with general agreement based on very little or nothing at all.  We saw the same thing we Eisa and Akpom the other day.  It almost as if some posters think it's actually relevant what we/they think. 

We won't sign Rhodes, I very much doubt we would even consider it but if he did sign for Ipswich I would have a couple of quid on him being league 1 top goal scorer. 

Does that count as an ITK? :wink:@Dazzler21 :wink:

Huddersfield are fast becoming the Palace of the Championship. Two poor seasons in a row, but lucky that there’s been at least 3 worse than them. They’ll eventually drop back to league 1 though I’m sure of it. 
    Palace Prem seasons since getting back up
    11th
    10th
    15th
    14th
    11th
    12th
    14th
    Currently 13th 

cnuts have hardly sniffed relegation 
    Neither did we until we did. Big opportunity next year with Hodgson going. Hopefully they fuck up and do the equivalent of us replacing Curbs with Dowie. 
  • Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You can have all the money in the world but if you're spending it on Jordan Rhodes... 
    Scored 52 goals in his last 2 seasons at this level, let's wank ourselves silly over a Exeter winger who 90% of people have never seen play and has never played above league 2. 

Makes sense. 
    Randell Williams? Many of us have seen him play, he scored against us in 18/19 when playing for Wycombe in League 1.

I don’t know enough about Williams but I know I don’t want us bringing in too many older players who are on the way down. One or two is fine but that strategy didn’t work last season and we’re in a much better position to go and build a proper squad with 2/3 seasons in mind rather than 1.
    I never suggested that we should sign or Rhodes, or that we will.  He has either already signed for Huddersfield or will in the next few days.

I was making a general observation that some players are seen as the "right type" and others are quickly dismissed as a joke or a "no thanks".  Quite often with general agreement based on very little or nothing at all.  We saw the same thing we Eisa and Akpom the other day.  It almost as if some posters think it's actually relevant what we/they think. 

We won't sign Rhodes, I very much doubt we would even consider it but if he did sign for Ipswich I would have a couple of quid on him being league 1 top goal scorer. 

Does that count as an ITK? :wink:@Dazzler21 :wink:

Huddersfield are fast becoming the Palace of the Championship. Two poor seasons in a row, but lucky that there’s been at least 3 worse than them. They’ll eventually drop back to league 1 though I’m sure of it. 
    Palace Prem seasons since getting back up
    11th
    10th
    15th
    14th
    11th
    12th
    14th
    Currently 13th 

cnuts have hardly sniffed relegation 
    Palace First Team players out of contract next month.

• Christian Benteke
    • Michy Batshuayi
    • Patrick van Aanholt
    • Gary Cahill
    • James McArthur
    • James McCarthy
    • Joel Ward
    • Mamadou Sakho
    • Nathaniel Clyne
    • Wayne Hennessey
    • Stephen Henderson
    • Scott Dann
    • Max Meyer
    • Andros Townsend
    • Connor Wickham
    No wonder they keep staying up, with fifteen players in the first team. 
  • Not sure we have ever had leaks that much tbh.  Maybe a few last season where players like Ben Watson seemed to wait around for a long time for us to get our shit together but iirc the equivalent thread last year spent reams of posts talking about Harley Dean before we got Innis out of the blue, as an example.

No point worrying, hardly likely that Gallen is just down the Rose of Denmark with Ged and NAD, zooming TS whilst they knock em back.  Sure everyone is working hard to fill our squad with quality.
    We were in the Rose last night after the game.  There were two blokes in the corner whispering over a Teams meeting so you're partly right, they weren't Zooming.
  • Maccn05 said:
    given this thread has absolutely no rumours on it so far we worried but the lack of noise?

Anyone worried we’ve left it late in our planning or confident it’s just been done in a secretive manner behind the scenes (very unusual for Charlton)
    Not at all. Adkins will have done his homework. It’s the first time in a good few seasons that I believe we have things in hand and have people at the club that know what they are doing.
    They are in a parallel universe to our government then. 
    Random.
  • Maccn05 said:
    given this thread has absolutely no rumours on it so far we worried but the lack of noise?

Anyone worried we’ve left it late in our planning or confident it’s just been done in a secretive manner behind the scenes (very unusual for Charlton)
    Not at all. Adkins will have done his homework. It’s the first time in a good few seasons that I believe we have things in hand and have people at the club that know what they are doing.
    Maybe we should have got Roddy and Gallen to organise the Olympics then. 
  • The covid nightmare scenario will mean that most out of contract players will have to accept much lower salaries. Looking at that palarse list of out of contract players only a few, I'm guessing maybe 4, will get signed by a Prem club. The others will take a big hit with a Championship club. Would quite like Ward to come to us.
  • The covid nightmare scenario will mean that most out of contract players will have to accept much lower salaries. Looking at that palarse list of out of contract players only a few, I'm guessing maybe 4, will get signed by a Prem club. The others will take a big hit with a Championship club. Would quite like Ward to come to us.
    Because Joel Ward who has played 25 Premier League games this season would drop down to League One 😂😂😂🙈🙈🙈
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

What makes you think Boris doesn't know Roddy? Everyone in football seems to, why not the government too?
    I would guess Palace will resign quit a few of them.  If we are going for Ward, why stop there.  Might as well have Benteke and Shlupp as well.

I wouldn't mind having another look at Sam Wood though. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

What makes you think Boris doesn't know Roddy? Everyone in football seems to, why not the government too?
    No wonder we haven't signed anyone and are being left behind in the transfer window when Roddy and Gallen are messing about organising some Greek athletics tournament.

Unless it is all a cunning plan to sign the best players from the Olympic teams.  And as they are all amateurs we won't have to pay any wages.

Sandgaard is a genius.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

True, I hear Boris once went to Reading ten years either side of Roddy being there.  Odds on he knows him. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:

No wonder we haven't signed anyone and are being left behind in the transfer window when Roddy and Gallen are messing about organising some Greek athletics tournament.

Unless it is all a cunning plan to sign the best players from the Olympic teams.  And as they are all amateurs we won't have to pay any wages.

Sandgaard is a genius.
    The top ice hockey players in Denmark from that club he bought, the best Greek Olympians via Roddy's links and all combined with our stand out academy youngsters will give us the team we need - a squad full of Premier League stars of the future.
  • Lee Johnson’s said Sunderland will likely have a reduced budget next season.
  • Lee Johnson’s said Sunderland will likely have a reduced budget next season.
    With the new multi billionaire owner? I can’t see that unless it’s getting rid of big earners like McGeady - he’s apparently on £20k a week still
  • mendonca said:
    "McGeady, 35, was only playing because he agreed to waive an appearance-based clause to automatically extend his contract."

I like the sound and concept of this. 
    If the player asked the club to reverse it there would be uproar. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not exactly a long term signing, but how many goals would McGeady create for Stockley or Chuks if you play him in the right position?
  • Not exactly a long term signing, but how many goals would McGeady create for Stockley or Chuks if you play him in the right position?
    Based on 19-20 zero for Chuks, he was so useless I questioned whether McGeady had a twin brother that they sent to us instead
  • Scoham said:
    Why isn’t he busy signing players?

I’d pay good money to watch that line-up
  • _MrDick said:
    Scoham said:
    Why isn’t he busy signing players?

I’d pay good money to watch that line-up
    I'd imagine TS paid good money to be apart of it...
  • Random as in a random thing to say on a discussion about Charlton.
    When you throw in a totally random political comment, as you often do, despite being requested not to. 
     Other people change subjects I  a thread at random ,so to speak and not a word is said. I do it and immediately you complain. 
    Take the Rumours thread.....what a random load of stuff there. Anything but a rumour which happens rarely. 
    There is a separate politics sections, should be easy to find.
  • Random as in a random thing to say on a discussion about Charlton.
    When you throw in a totally random political comment, as you often do, despite being requested not to. 
    Thanks @Covered End
    Exactly what I meant.
  • Window opens in June.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Lee Johnson’s said Sunderland will likely have a reduced budget next season.
    With the new multi billionaire owner? I can’t see that unless it’s getting rid of big earners like McGeady - he’s apparently on £20k a week still
    He on 32k a week 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!