Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Not exactly a long term signing, but how many goals would McGeady create for Stockley or Chuks if you play him in the right position?
    Bowyer got it so wrong with McGeady .... class player at this level 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Lee Johnson’s said Sunderland will likely have a reduced budget next season.
    With the new multi billionaire owner? I can’t see that unless it’s getting rid of big earners like McGeady - he’s apparently on £20k a week still
    He on 32k a week 
    It’s 18k.
  • Window opens in June.
    Makes zero difference to anything.
  • Have the finalised SCMP budget limits been confirmed yet?

Last I read the wage bill must be no more than 60% of the Clubs turnover.
  • Addickted said:
    Have the finalised SCMP budget limits been confirmed yet?

That is correct, however there are no restrictions on what you can spend on transfer fees.  However the definition of turnover is much more liberal than the championship and Premier league.

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
    • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
    • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts.  In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending

Assuming, post salary cap, it's defaulted to the status quo. 

• Window opens in June.

Should be open now, if you are letting someone in where you live.
  • edited May 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Lee Johnson’s said Sunderland will likely have a reduced budget next season.
    With the new multi billionaire owner? I can’t see that unless it’s getting rid of big earners like McGeady - he’s apparently on £20k a week still
    He on 32k a week 
    It’s 18k.
    18k,..20k,..32k???... Lets face it whatever it is,..it is too much..imo B)
  • Window opens in June.

Should be open now, if you are letting someone in where you live.

Surely the door’s easier?
  • Window opens in June.
    And? You don’t have to wait until the window opens to sign players, they just can’t play until then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Just shared this on the Millar thread, relevant here too. Means we’ll need 2 ideally 3 new wingers.

Looks certain that he’s not coming back.

I’m not subscribed so can’t see the full article but it says Liverpool are receiving a lot of interest from Championship clubs:

https://theathletic.com/2588533

The 21-year-old Canada international’s parent club have already received a significant number of enquiries about him from sides in the second tier.
    Maybe it's just me, but i didn't think he was good enough in our league to suggest he will excel at championship level. He was ok, and the talent is there but you wouldn't class him as particularly special.

He'll definitely need to improve his consistency and decision making if he's stepping up a league.
  • Scoham said:
    Just shared this on the Millar thread, relevant here too. Means we’ll need 2 ideally 3 new wingers.

Looks certain that he’s not coming back.

I’m not subscribed so can’t see the full article but it says Liverpool are receiving a lot of interest from Championship clubs:

https://theathletic.com/2588533

The 21-year-old Canada international’s parent club have already received a significant number of enquiries about him from sides in the second tier.
    Maybe it's just me, but i didn't think he was good enough in our league to suggest he will excel at championship level. He was ok, and the talent is there but you wouldn't class him as particularly special.

He'll definitely need to improve his consistency and decision making if he's stepping up a league.
    Stepping up a league as part of his football schooling will be designed to do exactly that. Improve his consistency and decision making. 
  • Classic Charlton Life, one page where people are convinced of one player being on three different wages! 
  • This is all hotting up nicely...
  • Tucker from Gillingham linked with Peterborough and Hull today, however the source is Nixon.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Not exactly a long term signing, but how many goals would McGeady create for Stockley or Chuks if you play him in the right position?
    Based on 19-20 zero for Chuks, he was so useless I questioned whether McGeady had a twin brother that they sent to us instead
    I think McGeady will be looking to move on and be looking for a top Championship club.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Not exactly a long term signing, but how many goals would McGeady create for Stockley or Chuks if you play him in the right position?
    Based on 19-20 zero for Chuks, he was so useless I questioned whether McGeady had a twin brother that they sent to us instead
    I think McGeady will be looking to move on and be looking for a top Championship club.
    Not at his age, he’s 35.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Very very important matter.
    Basically, it means that Thomas cannot throw as much at the transfer market as he may wish!
  • Scoham said:
    In fairness Bowyer never had McGeady at this level.
    No doubting his ability but he did SFA at Wembley.
  • Scoham said:
    In fairness Bowyer never had McGeady at this level.
    No doubting his ability but he did SFA at Wembley.
    He was playing with pain injections the whole time so no surprise 
  • Addickted said:

Basically, it means that Thomas cannot throw as much at the transfer market as he may wish!
    He can, League one rules allow an owner to put in whatever they like as equity it just cannot be a loan(I.e adding to club debt).

So technically if he wanted to he could throw a hundred million at it and still not break the rules if he wanted.
    Mmmmm......that’s assuming he is prepared to do that, which if I may say so, may not be the case.
    Let’s wait and see?
  • edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    That's like me looking to leave my wife for a Swedish supermodel 
    I think I guilded the lily a bit there.
    I think he will be looking for a Championship club and “if lucky“ a top one.....his age is of course against him, but he may pick up a years contract somewhere.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    That's like me looking to leave my wife for a Swedish supermodel 
    I think I guilded the lily a bit there.
    I think he will be looking for a Championship club and “if lucky“ a top one.....his age is of course against him, but he may pick up a years contract somewhere.
    You maybe right but I think he will stay at Sunderland on reduced terms. 
  • Addickted said:

He can, League one rules allow an owner to put in whatever they like as equity it just cannot be a loan(I.e adding to club debt).

So technically if he wanted to he could throw a hundred million at it and still not break the rules if he wanted.
    Mmmmm......that’s assuming he is prepared to do that, which if I may say so, may not be the case.
    Let’s wait and see?
    It would be worth spending the money on upwardly mobile young players this year as a total re-build next year would not be possible.
  • If McGeady is going to stay at Sunderland, why would he waive his contract extension which apparently was going to be activated when playing yesterday. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!