Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• STILL NO RUMOURS 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    If Ronnie wants to go back to Denmark what about Kamaldeen Sulemana or Andreas Schjelderup?

I honestly think you could attract top young talent from the Danish top flight to League 1, the same way Wolves took players from Porto in the championship.  They will see it as 2 seasons away from the Premiership or Bundesliga. 
    There's no way Wolves would have been able to sign Neves without that agent though. Don't know anything about Schjelderup, but Sulemana has been linked with Man Utd and Liverpool in the last week. 
  • edited May 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    If Ronnie wants to go back to Denmark what about Kamaldeen Sulemana or Andreas Schjelderup?

I honestly think you could attract top young talent from the Danish top flight to League 1, the same way Wolves took players from Porto in the championship.  They will see it as 2 seasons away from the Premiership or Bundesliga. 
    There's no way Wolves would have been able to sign Neves without that agent though. Don't know anything about Schjelderup, but Sulemana has been linked with Man Utd and Liverpool in the last week. 
    I think Sulemana is slightly out of range. But you do have to take the "linked with" rumours with a pinch of salt.  Moutaouakil was linked with everyone including Lazio, Barca and Spurs before we signed him. 

Your right about Wolves but they wouldn't have gone there, regardless of the agent, if it wasn't a chance to play in the prem.  Even if Wolves didn't go straight up they probably could have got a move anyway. 
  • STILL NO RUMOURS 
    SEASON STILL NOT FINISHED, STILL MAY
  • Redrobo said:
    I would like Robert Atkinson from Oxford. Left footed centre back and only 22. Thought he has looked a very good defender and can play a bit as well.
    In League 1 team of the season so we would need to be quick and need a bit of luck to get him.

Quality player at this level but given Oxford sold Rob Dickie last summer for £2.5m to QPR  I'd expect Atkinson to be even more expensive - Unfortunately I only see him leaving for the Championship
  • In 2011 (when everyone says we got our business done early) we had only signed Pope by now. It wasn’t until the end of June we started getting the majority of players in....
  • Sponsored links:

• STILL NO RUMOURS 
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US TO DO ABOUT THAT?
     Make something up?
    or go on holiday which I would do if it wasn't for the shocking weather or the dreaded tests or 2 weeks in quarantine reading this thread 
  • Sollied said:
    In 2011 (when everyone says we got our business done early) we had only signed Pope by now. It wasn’t until the end of June we started getting the majority of players in....

Going by that we might see something next week, then quite for another couple of weeks.

My previous post about the first signing being for the development squad was only half tongue in cheek. 
  • At least we have rumours under the old Belgium scrot and the bald northern thieving cod playing wanker.
  • Nothing 

Exiled_Addick said:
    STILL NO RUMOURS 
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE US TO DO ABOUT THAT?

• All else being equal,  have our previous best signings been:

1. Rejects from better teams/clubs  OR
    2. Ambitious talent from lesser teams/clubs OR
    3. Geriatrics and the infirm from anywhere we could find them  

Which is preferable or doesn't it matter in recruitment?
  • Yes exactly atleast with Southall we would have a few posts showing the snacks and super duper phone by now ! 
  • cfgs said:
    I want Nige to unveil a signing via one of his morning walk videos, "Walking's great, don't you agree ............" He swings the camera around to show the new crowd favourite struggling to keep up.
    Sounds like a job for Ben Watson that
  • edited May 2021
    The first thing to happen will be confirmations of contract extensions (Pearce, JFC?) over the next week or two. Then any deals for loanees if they're coming back. Then brand new targets that were identified by Gallen & co over the last 6-18 months.

If you're coming on here looking for rumours to get excited over, best waiting another four weeks I reckon.
  • No need to panic, we're still in May & not even had the play off finals yet  !

Ideally I'd like a few signings in by early-mid June and the majority by the start of pre-season (so early July). There will always be a few later comers & out of contract players waiting to see what offers they get that join in late July /early August. 

As long as the bones of the team & in the building by the time we play Welling then I'll be a happy bunny...🐇.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think Sulemana is slightly out of range. But you do have to take the "linked with" rumours with a pinch of salt.  Moutaouakil was linked with everyone including Lazio, Barca and Spurs before we signed him. 

Your right about Wolves but they wouldn't have gone there, regardless of the agent, if it wasn't a chance to play in the prem.  Even if Wolves didn't go straight up they probably could have got a move anyway. 
    True enough, but we were a recently relegated Prem club when we signed Yassin, so no doubt an attractive proposition for a young player to come, play regularly and go onto the Prem. Despite Sandgaard's ambition, I highly doubt many people outside of Charlton realistically see us a premier league club any time soon. 
  • cfgs said:
    I want Nige to unveil a signing via one of his morning walk videos, "Walking's great, don't you agree ............" He swings the camera around to show the new crowd favourite struggling to keep up.
    So maybe Jimmy Floyd Haselbaink? He'd fail to keep up with a skip.
  • I don't know if this has been covered (had a quick skim over the pages from the weekend but not seen anything) - but my Norwich supporting mate says they're looking to sell Famewo. He was wondering whether I thought he could make the step up to Champ, I said hopefully not haha.

Not sure where he got his info from though!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

True enough, but we were a recently relegated Prem club when we signed Yassin, so no doubt an attractive proposition for a young player to come, play regularly and go onto the Prem. Despite Sandgaard's ambition, I highly doubt many people outside of Charlton realistically see us a premier league club any time soon. 
    No but 1 good season in league 1 can get you a move to the prem or a Fulham or Brentford type. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Redrobo said:
    I would like Robert Atkinson from Oxford. Left footed centre back and only 22. Thought he has looked a very good defender and can play a bit as well.
    In League 1 team of the season so we would need to be quick and need a bit of luck to get him.

Quality player at this level but given Oxford sold Rob Dickie last summer for £2.5m to QPR  I'd expect Atkinson to be even more expensive - Unfortunately I only see him leaving for the Championship
    Funny timing but Bristol City are after him 

• 995632 said:
    Scoham said:
    GET YOU’RE FINGER OUT ATKINS
    Cough... ADKINS... Cough!!... 
    Whoooosh
  • I don't know if this has been covered (had a quick skim over the pages from the weekend but not seen anything) - but my Norwich supporting mate says they're looking to sell Famewo. He was wondering whether I thought he could make the step up to Champ, I said hopefully not haha.

Not sure where he got his info from though!
    I hope this is true and we manage to sign him. He is well capable of going all the way to the premiership with us exactly the type of player we are hopefully looking at signing. In the long run it will be cheaper to buy them now than having to rebuild next year if we do get promoted imo
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No but 1 good season in league 1 can get you a move to the prem or a Fulham or Brentford type. 
    But in the Wolves and Yassin examples, they were already the Fulham or Brentford types. I just think were kidding ourselves a bit if 20/21 year olds who have realistic prem dreams will be tempted to come here. We are definitely a pull for the best league 1 players but have to be realistic with our targets. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!