Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• If McGeady is going to stay at Sunderland, why would he waive his contract extension which apparently was going to be activated when playing yesterday. 
    Presumably because they’ve told him they won’t extend on the same terms.
    By waiving, he’s effectively allowed them to offer a new contract on reduced terms.
  • If McGeady is going to stay at Sunderland, why would he waive his contract extension which apparently was going to be activated when playing yesterday. 
    Because he is on somewhere between 1 and 1.5 million a year.

Our highest paid player is on about 250k.
  • Not a rumour but if Lincoln don’t go up I think we should go for Ward who is one of if not there best player. Lincoln to Charlton is some jump (if he doesn’t get championship interest) 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Not a rumour but if Lincoln don’t go up I think we should go for Ward who is one of if not there best player. Lincoln to Charlton is some jump (if he doesn’t get championship interest) 
    Lincoln don’t have a player called Ward?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Not a rumour but if Lincoln don’t go up I think we should go for Ward who is one of if not there best player. Lincoln to Charlton is some jump (if he doesn’t get championship interest) 
    Do you mean Grant Ward at Blackpool?
  • Addick_8 said:
    No think Addick 8 means Grant
  • This is going to be fucking painful isn't it?
    Only for those expecting signings next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven’t fixed the floodlights yet…
  • Addick_8 said:
    No think Addick 8 means Grant
    Had a nightmare here. Not too sure how I got muddled up. I meant Grant, their number 10.
  • Jorge Grant would be perfect, ticks so many boxes.

- First name makes him sound exotic, therefore he must be a skilful and exciting player.

- Surname will feel like we’re bringing back a former player, perfect for those who like to suggest that sort of thing. It even covers multiple generations through Kim and Karlan.

- Young enough to be an upcoming lower league player.

- Lincoln finished above us so that guarantees he’s better than what we have.

- He won promotion from this league with Luton, so that automatically makes him a proven experienced player for those concerned that squad could become too young.

- He was born in Banbury, so we can claim he wanted a return south after spending most of his career in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.

Unfortunately there’s no chance of it happening if Lincoln win their playoff final.
  • Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant would be perfect, ticks so many boxes.

- First name makes him sound exotic, therefore he must be a skilful and exciting player.

- Surname will feel like we’re bringing back a former player, perfect for those who like to suggest that sort of thing. It even covers multiple generations through Kim and Karlan.

- He won promotion from this league with Luton, so that automatically makes him a proven experienced player for those concerned that squad could become too young.

- He was born in Banbury, so we can claim he wanted a return south after spending most of his career in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.

Unfortunately there’s no chance of it happening if Lincoln win their playoff final.
    Sorry not tall enough. 
  • Good point, let’s give Pratley another year. It’ll give us more time to find the right players.
  • Scoham said:
    Jorge Grant would be perfect, ticks so many boxes.

And even if they don't you'd surely expect there to be Championship interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would like Walsh, Scully and Grant from Lincoln if they don't go up.  Would probably cost a few quid though. 
  • I would like Robert Atkinson from Oxford. Left footed centre back and only 22. Thought he has looked a very good defender and can play a bit as well.
    In League 1 team of the season so we would need to be quick and need a bit of luck to get him.
  • https://the72.co.uk/236760/comment-charlton-athletic-should-move-for-australia-international/

An opinion that we should move for Jackson Irvine. Would be more than happy with this. Good player. 
  • https://the72.co.uk/236760/comment-charlton-athletic-should-move-for-australia-international/

An opinion that we should move for Jackson Irvine. Would be more than happy with this. Good player. 
    I had to stop reading this article in mobile, adverts kept getting in the way. 

probably another load of old Pollocks …. who we'd end up with instead.

probably another load of old Pollocks …. who we'd end up with instead.
    Jamie Pollock? He’s 47, a former Palace player and now manager/chairman of Billingham Synthonia.

Could probably do a job in the short term while JFC is injured?

Weird that he didn't have a club between June and January.

Weird that he didn't have a club between June and January.
    Imagine he was injured so with that...perfect for us!
  • If Ronnie wants to go back to Denmark what about Kamaldeen Sulemana or Andreas Schjelderup?

I honestly think you could attract top young talent from the Danish top flight to League 1, the same way Wolves took players from Porto in the championship.  They will see it as 2 seasons away from the Premiership or Bundesliga. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!