Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Willo said:
    🤝📝

• Maybe we can do a ring round to recently retired players to see if they fancy something to do. Robben, Cabaye, Valencia etc. Got me wondering what the best 11 would be from retired players if they played now?
  • Maybe we can do a ring round to recently retired players to see if they fancy something to do. Robben, Cabaye, Valencia etc. Got me wondering what the best 11 would be from retired players if they played now?
    Rivaldo wanted to didn’t he? 😂
  • Could we get lapslie back think he would walk in this team now. 
    He can’t get in Mansfield’s team
    Why the lol? It’s true, he has started one game for Mansfield this season and has been on the bench every other game which suggests he isn’t interested.

I don’t get how a league 2 squad player like lapslie is all of a sudden good enough but when we sign a league 2 player, there is melt down on here?
  • Redrobo said:
    Someone has gone to look for scarfy

I can't remember who Scarfy plays for ?
    But will he over lap and not go missing on a cold Tuesday night in Fleetwood ?
  • Ferryman said:
    No smoke without fire, there ain't no smoke.

If there was smoke at Burnley because  Pope on his way it would be good news for Cafc. Even that might be too late for this window.
  • cabbles said:
    I think the state of our plight can be summed up having to see if Ghandour qualifies as a 3rd intl and we aren't sure if our game will get called off.

Gunter must be something else when the Welsh team get together for him to keep getting picked.  I would say he's been one of the worst signings I've seen for us given his career etc 
    Why it a plight because players we signed are not full international …. ???
  • Just checked the small print and because I have sang and said on CL "I'm Charlton till I die" there is no escape  :#

Easier to get out of the Jehovah's witnesses. They belief that Jesus is God's agent ! That why I called Jesus, Mr 15 percent.

Now on with the Rumours or I will carry on with my routine from 1999. Which is so last century. 
  • Sponsored links:

• For all the people constantly moaning which would you prefer 1)the club run by a bunch of con artists who plunder what little assets we have and then going out of existence /going into administration with a points deduction, relegation to league two and a real possibility of dropping to non league football or 2)being purchased by a respectable businessman who is a bit eccentric/egotistical, make some mistakes because he is inexperienced running a club, invests some into the club but not as much as we would like but we remain financially stable even if it is a long term build and who clearly who is going to have a love of the club.  I think we all know the answer is number 2.  This summer has been disappointing and even though I believe a couple more good signings will be coming in, promotion is probably unrealistic.  That being said, we really need to focus on the bigger picture.
    Exactly what is financially stable, about losing 10m a year just to stand still ?
  • shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    Boom 💥 No, wait, that’s not a signing.
    That was a close shave 
    Failed the medical by all accounts.
  • edited August 2021
    For all the people constantly moaning which would you prefer 1)the club run by a bunch of con artists who plunder what little assets we have and then going out of existence /going into administration with a points deduction, relegation to league two and a real possibility of dropping to non league football or 2)being purchased by a respectable businessman who is a bit eccentric/egotistical, make some mistakes because he is inexperienced running a club, invests some into the club but not as much as we would like but we remain financially stable even if it is a long term build and who clearly who is going to have a love of the club.  I think we all know the answer is number 2.  This summer has been disappointing and even though I believe a couple more good signings will be coming in, promotion is probably unrealistic.  That being said, we really need to focus on the bigger picture.
    Some one who is willing and able to speculate.

Hopefully Thomo will, as I reckon it's the only way we'll all see results, thus keeping Him interested, and so we ain't got to start it all over again with another new owner. I feel that's just the way of the game in these times....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    1st choice LB, CM/CAM (ie can play both roles) and solid back up keeper and ST is the bare minimum we need. Elewere may/will make mistakes along the way, but think we should give him game time this season. If there is budget for a fourth or fifth signing, another CB and winger would be good, but looks like we are not stretching that far? Also seem to remember TS talking on 2 players for each position in the squad?

There is also the following to take into account:

22 Players
    Clubs in League One shall be permitted to name up to a maximum 22 Players, of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player. Under 21 players do not need to be named on the Squad List to be eligible to participate in a League Match.

Suspect the club are seeing it like this, homegrown not being an issue with the current squad make up:

Craig Mac + 1
    Matthews + Gunter
    Innis + 1/Elewere (U21, so does not count in 22 even if he gets game time)
    Famewo + Pearce
    Purrington + 1
    Dobson + Watson
    Clare + 1 (+JFC in c5 months)
    Morgan + Gilbey
    Kirk + Washington 
    DJ + Blackett-Taylor
    Stockley + Davison
    Schwartz + 1

Counting JFC in the 22, that leaves 2 slots for players over 21, the rest probably loans under that age.
    You don't need to name JFC as part of your squad as you can change it in January.  Keepers don't count either.

I would say we still have 5 spaces. 
    If you don't name JFC and he's ready to start in December it'll be really poor.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    1st choice LB, CM/CAM (ie can play both roles) and solid back up keeper and ST is the bare minimum we need. Elewere may/will make mistakes along the way, but think we should give him game time this season. If there is budget for a fourth or fifth signing, another CB and winger would be good, but looks like we are not stretching that far? Also seem to remember TS talking on 2 players for each position in the squad?

22 Players
    Clubs in League One shall be permitted to name up to a maximum 22 Players, of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player. Under 21 players do not need to be named on the Squad List to be eligible to participate in a League Match.

Suspect the club are seeing it like this, homegrown not being an issue with the current squad make up:

Craig Mac + 1
    Matthews + Gunter
    Famewo + Pearce
    Purrington + 1
    Dobson + Watson
    Morgan + Gilbey
    Kirk + Washington 
    DJ + Blackett-Taylor
    Stockley + Davison
    Schwartz + 1

Counting JFC in the 22, that leaves 2 slots for players over 21, the rest probably loans under that age.
    You don't need to name JFC as part of your squad as you can change it in January.  Keepers don't count either.

I suppose it depends who you register instead? 
  • shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    That was a close shave 
    I don’t know how - he looks more match fit than some of our players. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    That was a close shave 
    He's just bought a season ticket Ipswich. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

22 Players

Craig Mac + 1
    Matthews + Gunter
    Famewo + Pearce
    Purrington + 1
    Dobson + Watson
    Morgan + Gilbey
    Kirk + Washington 
    DJ + Blackett-Taylor
    Stockley + Davison
    Schwartz + 1

No chance of that happening is there, done his knee in April, second time he's suffered from it, he won't be running on it till November, full contact by late December at the earliest and full fitness by mid to late Jan, and that's with no setbacks on the way
  • Play the under 23 Barnsley 0 charlton u23 7. Just saying
  • Sponsored links:

• Chrispy51 said:
    cabbles said:
    I think the state of our plight can be summed up having to see if Ghandour qualifies as a 3rd intl and we aren't sure if our game will get called off.

Gunter must be something else when the Welsh team get together for him to keep getting picked.  I would say he's been one of the worst signings I've seen for us given his career etc 
    Whilst I agree that Gunter’s performances have not been good for us, I do feel a bit sorry for him. He must be at least a reasonable player to have made that many appearances for Wales, but I don’t remember him having a run in our team in his actual position. 

He is a RB who has seemed to play most of his games at CB and now LB because “he can do a job” there according to his managers
    I don't think Gunter at right back has been that bad at all.  He probably hasn't been as good as maybe we would have expected but neither him nor Matthews have been as good as Matthews was in the championship.

We have seen glimpses, he was instrumental in that crazy spell against AFC Wimbledon, but glimpses aren't enough especially when you are paying such good wages. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Gillingham game off. Suits us at the moment.
    Does it?  We lose this weekend, after the weekend off there could be daylight between us and the relegation safety zone, and we could be bottom.  Now imagine how nervous they are heading into the next match at the valley the week after.
  • I thought he looked a decent player at Fleetwood and was a little surprised he only moved to Gillingham. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!