Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    Maybe you BOTH need to chill a little? This is making me miss the argument thread, this would've been prime material.

As to the Dempsey rumour that is one I can see happening, they've quoted us a price, we've made a counter offer and now Gallen's got to do the haggling to get to a middle ground.
    But the player also has to agree to join us. Why would someone want to join a club that is below them in the league & could also be fighting relegation. I imagine we'd have to pay him more in wages as he now has the upper hand......something that wouldn't have been the case a month ago.

But apparently I'm just a worrier that we didnt get players in before the season started & that by next tuesday we'll be falling over ourselves with players desperately wanting to join us as there won't be another gig in town. 
  • Not one for Wikipedia, but Dempsey has won 3 POTY awards in his career thus far, can’t be bad that.
    Been told he's best player at club by a mile by someone very close to the club.

I'm never in the know but £500k gets him
  • If we sign Dempsey that's our purchasing done. Only loans after that is my guess. 
  • If we sign Dempsey that's our purchasing done. Only loans after that is my guess. 
    Yeah I think you’re prob right, but the way things are going, I’d be happy with Dempsey & some decent loans. Loan players that are going to play every week not just turn up & train (Smith etc). 
  • Backup gk - 
    lb -

Cm lowery
    Cm/am dempsey

Lw/rw.   sims

get rid of schwartz 
    replace with Jephcott

Aneke replacement - size and goals

job done :)

how good would that be 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    golfaddick said: 
    Usual suspects on Twitter complaining the clubs skint and TS has given us no budget because our opening offer for Dempsey was only £200k
    Well, they're not wrong in a way. What's wrong with bunging down £500k & say take it or leave it. No haggling, just do the deal. Its not like we can be choosy now is it.
    you should stick to playing football manager,  if that’s how you think it works 
  • Backup gk - 
    lb -

Cm lowery
    Cm/am dempsey

Lw/rw.   sims

get rid of schwartz 
    replace with Jephcott

how good would that be 😂
    Winning a £100 million Euromillions jackpot would be good also - but that isn't happening either!
  • I doubt we’ll sign both Dempsey and Lowery? More likely they’re both on our list and we’re aiming to sign one.
  • Backup gk - 
    lb -

Cm lowery
    Cm/am dempsey

Lw/rw.   sims

get rid of schwartz 
    replace with Jephcott

how good would that be 😂
    More a question of how unlikely would that be.
  • bobmunro said:
    Backup gk - 
    lb -

Cm lowery
    Cm/am dempsey

Lw/rw.   sims

get rid of schwartz 
    replace with Jephcott

how good would that be 😂
    Winning a £100 million Euromillions jackpot would be good also - but that isn't happening either!
    👏🏻👏🏻 Well said sir
  • Offer Gills say £300k for Dempsey plus a season loan for Albie. (I can but dream!)
  • Redrobo said:
    Gills saying they have turned down our £200k offer for Dempsey 
    Ah, some smoke at last
  • Hypothetical I know because still a few days left to make some wonderful signings. ;-)

But if for whatever reason we sign next to f**k all, will TS be open and honest with the reasons why or will he generate some serious spin of the like that has never before been seen at SE7?...( Which will take some doing!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hypothetical I know because still a few days left to make some wonderful signings. ;-)

But if for whatever reason we sign next to f**k all, will TS be open and honest with the reasons why or will he generate some serious spin of the like that has never before been seen at SE7?...( Which will take some doing!)
    Well based on his previous form I think it will be somewhere in between. He's open and honest enough to confess that he HAS messed up but probably have a very long list of reasons (of varying plausibility) why.

Look at the aftermath of the Red Robin fiasco - a polished statement and moved quickly on.
  • _MrDick said:
    Scoham said:
    Boom 💥 No, wait, that’s not a signing.
    Poor fella ... All that way to watch the shower of S**t last Saturday. Anyone else think his mate looks like Andy Marshall
    The little geezer looks like a fat Mendonca.
  • Scoham said:
    I doubt we’ll sign both Dempsey and Lowery? More likely they’re both on our list and we’re aiming to sign one.
    Doubt we will sign either unfortunately. 😩
  • edited August 2021
    I think they will accept 350-400k for Dempey by Friday 
  • thenewbie said:
    Usual suspects on Twitter complaining the clubs skint and TS has given us no budget because our opening offer for Dempsey was only £200k
    Well, they're not wrong in a way. What's wrong with bunging down £500k & say take it or leave it. No haggling, just do the deal. Its not like we can be choosy now is it.
    Because if you start with 500k they'll just ask for a million and you end up paying 750k (all figures approximate obviously).

It's football, there's no professional club in any league that will do a "take it or leave it" deal. It just doesn't work like that.
    In a pandemic?   With little or nobody else offering near your asking price?   I wouldn't bank on that - which is why we got Kirk for less than was being asked in January...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!