Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    We won't be the only ones in for Dempsey or Lowery. Just hope while we're negotiating, someone doesn't just swoop in and meet the asking price . 
    No one has swooped in and met the asking price yet, and nor will they. 
    If one accepts the figures originally quoted, the price has dropped over £250k during this window. Down from £750k to £500k.
    The big spenders in this division have finished feeding in the trough. We are getting down to decision time now. Gillingham have released this information, and have no doubt done so to see if they can drum up another bidder. At £200k they may well spike some interest. That’s life.

I'm sure we're not the only club to have thought "let's wait to the end of the window and get a good deal" all it'll take is an Oxford or a championship club looking for a cheap punt bidding 50k more than us and we lose out at the death. 

• Croydon said:
    We won't be the only ones in for Dempsey or Lowery. Just hope while we're negotiating, someone doesn't just swoop in and meet the asking price . 
    Presumably why we're going for both - only expecting to get one or the other. But we might actually benefit from other clubs having done more business - they MIGHT  have enough already that they don't need these guys, or have already used their own budget.

(I am aware this is hopelessly optimistic.)
  • Have we actually been linked with Lowery other than on here? 
  • Not one for Wikipedia, but Dempsey has won 3 POTY awards in his career thus far, can’t be bad that.
    Been told he's best player at club by a mile by someone very close to the club.

I'm never in the know but £500k gets him
    I’m thinking £400,000 may do the trick.

• Redrobo said:
    Croydon said:
    No one has swooped in and met the asking price yet, and nor will they. 
    If one accepts the figures originally quoted, the price has dropped over £250k during this window. Down from £750k to £500k.
    The big spenders in this division have finished feeding in the trough. We are getting down to decision time now. Gillingham have released this information, and have no doubt done so to see if they can drum up another bidder. At £200k they may well spike some interest. That’s life.

I'm sure we're not the only club to have thought "let's wait to the end of the window and get a good deal" all it'll take is an Oxford or a championship club looking for a cheap punt bidding 50k more than us and we lose out at the death. 

Championship clubs had been linked to Dempsey in January. And he's from up north as well, so it's not as if he has strong ties to Kent/London
  • thenewbie said:
    Croydon said:
    Presumably why we're going for both - only expecting to get one or the other. But we might actually benefit from other clubs having done more business - they MIGHT  have enough already that they don't need these guys, or have already used their own budget.

(I am aware this is hopelessly optimistic.)
       Not hopelessly optimistic, probably hopeless but it may just work, a cunning plan that you may have just stumbled onto our strategy all the time, just wait and they will all come to us in the end,..roll on tomorrow..open the floodgates B)
  • Well that's obvious, AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well that's obvious, AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW.
    Seeing as they want more than we have offered then "right now" it is not going to happen at all, but when we offer more...

• ‘Highly unlikely’ is quite adamant though. 
  • Are we sure this was a definite bid and not just Gills stoking up interest and the price? 
  • edited August 2021
    Usual suspects on Twitter complaining the clubs skint and TS has given us no budget because our opening offer for Dempsey was only £200k
    Well, they're not wrong in a way. What's wrong with bunging down £500k & say take it or leave it. No haggling, just do the deal. Its not like we can be choosy now is it.
    Why would you start at £500k on Wednesday when they could except £300k by deadline day? You lose money that could be the difference between signing one good player and signing two.

They need the money and he’s not signing another contract. Putting your first bid as the asking price is not an intelligent way to conduct business. 
    But he's a financial adviser...
    Is his advice give me all your money and I'll sort it?

Joking aside he is a very good IFA and a really nice bloke.  It's like a different person sometimes. 
  • edited August 2021
    RedRobin said:
    ‘Highly unlikely’ is quite adamant though. 
    Not heard of that one, how about "Stand and Deliver" B)
    "Stand and deliver, your money or you don't get Kyle Dempsey"
  • RedRobin said:
    ‘Highly unlikely’ is quite adamant though. 
    Not heard of that one, how about "Stand and Deliver" B)
    Now that is Adam ant
    Doh... B)
  • bobmunro said:
    Not one for Wikipedia, but Dempsey has won 3 POTY awards in his career thus far, can’t be bad that.
    Been told he's best player at club by a mile by someone very close to the club.

I'm never in the know but £500k gets him
    I’m thinking £400,000 may do the trick.

I'm thinking more £387,264.29
    Sod it, make it £387,265.00, and they can keep the change
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Usual suspects on Twitter complaining the clubs skint and TS has given us no budget because our opening offer for Dempsey was only £200k
    Well, they're not wrong in a way. What's wrong with bunging down £500k & say take it or leave it. No haggling, just do the deal. Its not like we can be choosy now is it.
    Why would you start at £500k on Wednesday when they could except £300k by deadline day? You lose money that could be the difference between signing one good player and signing two.

They need the money and he’s not signing another contract. Putting your first bid as the asking price is not an intelligent way to conduct business. 
    But he's a financial adviser...
    Is his advice give me all your money and I'll sort it?

Joking aside he is a very good IFA and I really nice bloke.  It's like a different person sometimes. 
    This firmly tongue in cheek but I can just imagine Golfies closing statement when signing a new client up ! 

" now you do know that the market is going to collapse and your going to be left destitute! Mark my words it all fucked up "
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody Arsenal....couldn't buy Pope and do us a favour
  • Unlikely to happen as we have only bid a max of 40% of what Gills want for him. 

Can change quickly. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Could we get lapslie back think he would walk in this team now. 
    He can’t get in Mansfield’s team
    Why the lol? It’s true, he has started one game for Mansfield this season and has been on the bench every other game which suggests he isn’t interested.

I don’t get how a league 2 squad player like lapslie is all of a sudden good enough but when we sign a league 2 player, there is melt down on here?
    Why do you question every lol you get? Someone might be laughing at the fact he can't get in the team, as opposed to laughing at you. Get a grip ffs
    LOLs are the new flags. 
  • He still hasn't denied Lowery yet...
    He hasn't denied Ronaldo or MBappe either
  • "90% of clubs have done their dough, a dozen plus clubs now in a panic to off load players so they can trade until Xmas"

Exactly as I was told a few weeks ago.  I think that's a fact but I still think we have left ourselves to short up to now. 
  • edited August 2021

Amusing if it weren't for the exclusionary "bollocks" tingle. What about "clitoral" tingles? and "I'm not entirely sure what i have got down there" tingles? and "i know what i have got down there, but am not too pleased about it" tingles? Come on, i thought you were better than that Soapy.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    "90% of clubs have done their dough, a dozen plus clubs now in a panic to off load players so they can trade until Xmas"

Exactly as I was told a few weeks ago.  I think that's a fact but I still think we have left ourselves to short up to now. 
    So we hovering like a vulture? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!