Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I think Lowery will happen, likely to be close to if not on deadline day.
    Crewe manager Artell said in an interview today he doesn’t expect any outgoings, hope you’re right though
  • Interesting that at Hull Adkins played mainly 4231 and Kane played on the left of the 3 more than once.  I know ideally you want that player to be able to go both inside and outside and the full back more often outside.

Maybe we are going to off load Gunter, I think Adkins has only ever picked him at right back once?

Maybe it's all bollocks and we aren't signing Kane anyway. 
  • Hal1x said:
    It shows how much football is now working in two different worlds now, when we are arguing over £300k and the "Big Boys" are splashing out £100 million on Grealish and his like. Can one player really be 300 times better than another? I cant see how such a wide gulf in values is sustainable.
    It's no different from the real world is it? 
    A Maserati MC20 will cost you a minimum of £187k; a Dacia will not.
    A work by David Hockney could set you back £80 million; a sketch by some local artist will not.
    Dinner, B & B at the Michelin-starred Ynyshir will cost you £1,000 plus drinks....well, you get the idea.
  • I don’t know much about Kane, but I’d do believe our full backs on both sides are currently one of the reasons we’re look so stodgy in attack. We need them to provide width and crosses and they’ve been doing neither. Gunter has more of an excuse (not that we we saw it from him at right back last season), but Matthew’s is in his natural position and still not getting forward enough. 

If Kane is that type of player, I think there definitely is room for another right back. Get a left back on loan as well and Gunter will be a utility player and possibly the player who provides more experienced backup as an option for cover Innis at RCB and an alternative to Deji. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that at Hull Adkins played mainly 4231 and Kane played on the left of the 3 more than once.  I know ideally you want that player to be able to go both inside and outside and the full back more often outside.

Maybe we are going to off load Gunter, I think Adkins has only ever picked him at right back once?

How and to who?! I can't see many clubs lining up to sign him at his current age/wage.
  • edited August 2021
    PWADDICK said:
    I think Lowery will happen, likely to be close to if not on deadline day.
    Crewe manager Artell said in an interview today he doesn’t expect any outgoings, hope you’re right though
    Be shocked if Lowery is still there come the end of the Transfer Window - I imagine the last paragraph talking about a player is with regards to him - After all they're in the exact same boat with him as we were with Phillips last year.

Either they take something now, or lose him for nothing next year - Its not like they expect to be challenging for the Championship either so cant really hope that a promotion push will help persuade him to stay.
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Interesting that at Hull Adkins played mainly 4231 and Kane played on the left of the 3 more than once.  I know ideally you want that player to be able to go both inside and outside and the full back more often outside.

How and to who?! I can't see many clubs lining up to sign him at his current age/wage.
    Dozens of clubs would snap your hand off for him.  As an example Gillingham would probably love him for the season on loan of we paid most of his wages.

It wouldn't be cheap but it would free up a place in the squad if that was an issue.

I am guessing as to why we would be in anyway intrested in Todd Kane. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can't believe he still gets a gig. I have rarely seen him play well for us. We seem like a charity for shite over aged players like him and Watson. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
    The actions of the last two transfer windows suggest otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
  • Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
    It's completely unnecessary if you ask me. We need a proper left back.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
    It's completely unnecessary if you ask me. We need a proper left back.
    Agree on the left back. I also think we need a better right back. 
    It would be unnecessary in the sense that we already have 2 experienced right backs, who are on a lot (by league 1 standards) of money and we are limited by how many players we can have.

As I said with CBT if its instead of what we blatantly need it's a problem.  If it's as well as, it's not. 
  • VFR4life said:
    Elliot lee from Luton signed
    Signed for who?
  • VFR4life said:
    We are going up!
  • VFR4life said:
    Signed for who?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Lee

Save you all the bother.... 
  • VFR4life said:
    I am happy with this .

The Lee's would become the second father and son combo to play for the Addicks after the Peacocks .
  • If we wanted to sign another RB, then we wouldn't have given Matthews another year surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• VFR4life said:
    On loan?
  • Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
    The actions of the last two transfer windows suggest otherwise.
    I don’t follow? Are you saying there haven’t been any fantastic young players that have gone out on loan in the last two years, or are you suggesting that this quality type of player never comes to us?
  • for an alleged striker he don't score many goals.
  • thought he was a number 10

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
    It would be unnecessary in the sense that we already have 2 experienced right backs, who are on a lot (by league 1 standards) of money and we are limited by how many players we can have.

As I said with CBT if its instead of what we blatantly need it's a problem.  If it's as well as, it's not. 
    Neither of whom are good enough 
  • edited August 2021
    Redhenry said:
    thought he was a number 10

Think he's a No.10 Midfielder / Second Striker

His brother (Olly Lee) is also a Midfielder but for Gillingham
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!