Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
    The actions of the last two transfer windows suggest otherwise.
    I don’t follow? Are you saying there haven’t been any fantastic young players that have gone out on loan in the last two years, or are you suggesting that this quality type of player never comes to us?
    I’m suggesting our last two transfer windows, including this one, haven’t been good enough.
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The last 2 posts sum this thread up.

"scores loads of goals for a midfielder"

"doesn't score enough goals for a striker"

I'll add for a defender he scores crazy amounts!!! 
    Maybe I’m thinking of the wrong bloke but can’t remember a time where he’s played up front..! His best position in our formation would be as the no.10, occasionally wide or occasionally box-to-box.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
    It would be unnecessary in the sense that we already have 2 experienced right backs, who are on a lot (by league 1 standards) of money and we are limited by how many players we can have.

As I said with CBT if its instead of what we blatantly need it's a problem.  If it's as well as, it's not. 
    Neither of whom are good enough 
    So why did we try so hard to get Matthews a new contract? 
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The last 2 posts sum this thread up.

"scores loads of goals for a midfielder"

"doesn't score enough goals for a striker"

I'll add for a defender he scores crazy amounts!!! 
    Maybe I’m thinking of the wrong bloke but can’t remember a time where he’s played up front..! His best position in our formation would be as the no.10, occasionally wide or occasionally box-to-box.
    Yeah sounds a lot of people are confusing him with Olly Lee

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olly-lee/profil/spieler/87658
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/elliot-lee/profil/spieler/229826
  • Morgan isn’t a ten, needs to sit further back. 
    Morgan has a problem because he isn’t a ten. But he isn’t positionally good enough to be reliable in a deeper role either.
  • Was good against us for Luton when Solly got that late goal away, think I've got the right player
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Todd Kane is alright I think. Played and scored against us for Oxford a few years back and was also at Hull with Adkins. Wouldn’t say either of our full backs are good enough so not an unnecessary signing at all. 
    It would be unnecessary in the sense that we already have 2 experienced right backs, who are on a lot (by league 1 standards) of money and we are limited by how many players we can have.

As I said with CBT if its instead of what we blatantly need it's a problem.  If it's as well as, it's not. 
    Did I offer it to him? 
  • edited August 2021
    for an alleged striker he don't score many goals.
    Not too bad in the gaols scored department! 
    24 in 94 games at Luton 6 in 18 at Oxford. 

• Sponsored links:

• So is he a striker or a 10?
  • edited August 2021

Lee's positions, covers both FWD and AM, imagine he'll be the no.10 for.us.
  • Hopefully it is the type of loan signing that we can make in a perm deal, if it works out well for both parties.

Hope he is match fit as we need to win on Saturday.
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Did I offer it to him? 
    Are you signing Kane?  What we think of them, I happen to think they are the least of our problems, the club seem to think they are OK, don't they?

I don't think the "club" are OK with other areas of the team though. 
  • Hopefully it is the type of loan signing that we can make in a perm deal, if it works out well for both parties.

Hope he is match fit as we need to win on Saturday.
    Played in the League Cup 1st round for Luton
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Did I offer it to him? 
    Are you signing Kane?  What we think of them, I happen to think they are the least of our problems, the club seem to think they are OK, don't they? 
    It’s a football forum. I have a different opinion to you and that’s OK. Move on. 
  • Where is the welcome thread for Elliot Lee? 
  • edited August 2021
    He played no.27 for Oxford back half of last season. He started both play off semi legs against Blackpool. Here are Oxford’s (who play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 as we know) average player positions from those two games. 

I grabbed these off SofaScore if anyone wants to look at his other games. It looks like he worked well in tandem with James Henry (no.17) to support the striker, one goes forward while the other sits in etc.

I would expect Elliot Lee to play the Albie Morgan / Sean Clare role.

• AndyG said:
    Morgan isn’t a ten, needs to sit further back. 
    You are right there. Would Maidstone be back enough ?
    I’m surprised it took long for a response like that :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely more of a ten judging by the graphic from @Callumcafc
  • AndyG said:
    Morgan isn’t a ten, needs to sit further back. 
    You are right there. Would Maidstone be back enough ?
    I’m surprised it took long for a response like that :-)

lol sorry mate I couldnt resist
  • He played no.27 for Oxford back half of last season. He started both play off semi legs against Blackpool. Here are Oxford’s (who play 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 as we know) average player positions from those two games. I grabbed these off SofaScore if anyone wants to look at his other games.

Think we might use him instead of Morgan in the number 10 role
  • Elliot Lee is exactly the kind of player we should be signing in the formation Adkins plays
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!