Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    Someone who had been on a stadium tour today had put on the Facebook group that there was a player being photographed in the stands today- and was kept out of the way of the tour
    Todd Kane is most likely after checking various social media gossip.
    What’s a word for worse than underwhelming?
    Charlton 
    Least you wont have to worry about your Username if he signs.
  • RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    Someone who had been on a stadium tour today had put on the Facebook group that there was a player being photographed in the stands today- and was kept out of the way of the tour
    Charlton 
    We have a winner.

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    We won’t sign another RB
    Adam Matthews can be backup RB to Todd Kane;
    Chris Gunter can be backup LB to Ben Purrington...
    Oh now you’ve done it.. 
  • edited August 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
    The likes of Maatsen, Bielek, Cullen, Gallagher were realistically nowhere near their parent clubs' first teams at the time we first signed them, I don't get why the big PL sides would still be wondering whether to loan out their 2021 equivalents, several weeks into the season
    Because they announce their 25 man squads on the 1st September. Some will not make the cut and they will want them out on loan playing men’s football.
    No way would any player, still being genuinely considered as an option to be part of a 25 man PL squad a week before the deadline, be sent to L1 on loan. We're way below that level of player
  • I think Lowery will happen, likely to be close to if not on deadline day.
    Based on something you’ve been told or only a guess?
  • edited August 2021
    I think Lowery will happen, likely to be close to if not on deadline day.
    Good news CEL, was unlikely to happen before we play Crewe Saturday, so maybe/hopefully 5pm  Saturday after we get the 3 points would be great.. B)
  • I think Lowery will happen, likely to be close to if not on deadline day.
    But who for Chris Kamara??

Lowery is 100% leaving Crewe this summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We need players in about 7 different positons. 

We instead sign a RB which is the only position we actually have players for. 

Mindless. 

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    We won’t sign another RB
    In the absence of a flag button  ;)

• edited August 2021
    We need players in about 7 different positons. 

Mindless. 
    You are aware we haven't actually signed a right back aren't you? Because otherwise that "mindless" comment looks ever so slightly ironic...
  • RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    Charlton 
    None of your negativity here please 😉
  • thenewbie said:
    We need players in about 7 different positons. 

Mindless. 
    You are aware we haven't actually signed a right back aren't you? Because otherwise that "mindless" comment looks ever so slightly ironic...
    Yes but if the player rumoured does sign. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Didn't Adkins sign Kane for Hull? 
    He sure did.

Mindless. 
    Do you have a link to the signing please?
    IF the rumoured player does sign. 

Championship loan incoming and I don't see any other names rumoured. 

Mindless. 

Apart from Lowery & Dempsey.
    Getting them on loan are we?
  • Sponsored links:

Mindless. 

Apart from Lowery & Dempsey.
    Getting them on loan are we?
    I'm hoping we will sign one of the two on a permanent.
  • Todd Kane is a right back - the last position we need - and a quick Twitter search shows he is widely regarded as a hapless punchline by QPR fans.

If we sign this guy it will confirm my suspicions that Ged Roddy is engaged in some kind of elaborate trolling campaign at Charlton Athletic's expense.
    Todd Kane plays left back and right back happy in both roles 
  • Todd Kane is a right back - the last position we need - and a quick Twitter search shows he is widely regarded as a hapless punchline by QPR fans.

If we sign this guy it will confirm my suspicions that Ged Roddy is engaged in some kind of elaborate trolling campaign at Charlton Athletic's expense.
    I'm sure Gunter would say the same. 

If you're a natural right-back you aren't as comfortable on the left, and definitely not comfortable to make attacking runs forward. 

I'm sure Gunter would say the same. 

If you're a natural right-back you aren't as comfortable on the left, and definitely not comfortable to make attacking runs forward. 
    Ever heard of Dennis Irwin....... 

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    We won’t sign another RB

Naturally a right back though, isn’t he? Given that we only have naturally right footed wingers (Kirk & DJ) I really think we need an actual, natural, left footed left back. Not someone that’s a right back but reckons they can play left back, had enough of that with Gunter. 

According to wiki he plays PREDOMINANTLY as a'right back l, bit can play right midfield or left back. 

If he is right footed I do not want him playing as a left back. We already have Gunter doing that role.....and not very well either. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!