Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Loan player coming in today
    Is that a code, the player otherwise  known as a ? symbol B)
  • Todd Kane is a right back - the last position we need - and a quick Twitter search shows he is widely regarded as a hapless punchline by QPR fans.

If we sign this guy it will confirm my suspicions that Ged Roddy is engaged in some kind of elaborate trolling campaign at Charlton Athletic's expense.
  • If Richard Cawley is correct and our final fling will be loans then I can see fans drifting away in droves. Not a prayer of top six. We’ve become a well established third tier club now. Shocking. TS needs to break silence and put the record straight. 
    Lowery going to cost us money …. and Dempsey if we go back will cost us money as well 
    Can’t you have a word and get them in on free transfers? Don’t go offering them £18k a week though please.
  • Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    That assumes that we have not been in negotiations with anybody or made any offers that were initially turned down.
    There are some fantastic young players out there. Some are very close to being included into 1st team squads. 
    We are obviously playing a high risk strategy, but the gains could be considerable. 
    The likes of Maatsen, Bielek, Cullen, Gallagher were realistically nowhere near their parent clubs' first teams at the time we first signed them, I don't get why the big PL sides would still be wondering whether to loan out their 2021 equivalents, several weeks into the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Having watched the West Brom U23s play Arsenal last night i thought they had 3 or 4 players who won't get much game time this year that would walk into our team.... and that's West Brom - I would hope we've got some decent loan signings lined up.

Hope.
  • Redrobo said:
    Loans are realistically the only option with such little time left in the window now. Quicker to complete and less negotiation on transfer fees and wages. I just can’t see there being the quality of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher though. Another summer of rebuilding next year beckons. 
    The likes of Maatsen, Bielek, Cullen, Gallagher were realistically nowhere near their parent clubs' first teams at the time we first signed them, I don't get why the big PL sides would still be wondering whether to loan out their 2021 equivalents, several weeks into the season
    Because they announce their 25 man squads on the 1st September. Some will not make the cut and they will want them out on loan playing men’s football.
  • doronron said:
    Offering just £200 thousand for Dempsey is a bit of a poor opening bid,our fans would be wetting there bed if a club came in for Stockley for that amount.I wonder if any teams are looking at any of our players with the window closing soon 
    Not really Gillingham have a huge tax bill that needs clearing why not try a low offer …. good business sense by CAFC …… but all the time there championship interest Gills will hold out until late on deadline day when they might just accept a lower offer 
    More rubbish.
  • edited August 2021
    In 2018/19 we signed Bielek on the 16th of August (we got Cullen on the 30th). In 2019/20 we signed Gallagher on the 2nd and Cullen on the 7th of August. 

I think it’s unlikely that players of anywhere near this calibre, who will turn our fortunes round, are sitting waiting for a loan this late in August.
  • sammy391 said:
    Someone who had been on a stadium tour today had put on the Facebook group that there was a player being photographed in the stands today- and was kept out of the way of the tour
    In case he tripped over someones feet and got injured?
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Someone who had been on a stadium tour today had put on the Facebook group that there was a player being photographed in the stands today- and was kept out of the way of the tour
    Are we sure it was not Joao Venture Pires getting more photo opportunities ;)
    “Venture Pires Runs  walks down the wing for me”
  • sammy391 said:
    Todd Kane is most likely after checking various social media gossip.
  • Laddick01 said:
    sammy391 said:
    @CAFCOfficial are delighted to announce Jacob Roddy has penned a new 5 year deal with the club’
    Only 5 years? My season ticket is getting thrown on the pitch on Saturday now. 

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    We won’t sign another RB
  • Didn't Adkins sign Kane for Hull? 

• RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    We won’t sign another RB
    Maybe Adkins is going to go down the Gareth Southgate route. 
  • RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    What’s a word for worse than underwhelming?
  • edited August 2021
    RedJohn said:
    sammy391 said:
    What’s a word for worse than underwhelming?
    https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/another-word-for/underwhelming.html

Duff sounds a pretty good one
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!