Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• _MrDick said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    VFR4life said:
    As said i have a very credible source

the old king is dead ( @Redhenry )   long live the king

@Redvaliant is the king. Keep an eye out for his posts 😉
    I hope they're not totally spot on as he/she don’t think we’ll get either Lowery or Dempsey
  • No pressure from Rob Lee on his son!! Says he’s going to bring us goals goals goals 😂 
  • Stockley, Kirk, DJ and Lee as your most attacking 4 is potentially very exciting.
    I'm hoping Lee is the biggest missing link.
    Don’t get the hype around DJ, looks out of his depth
    Is he? Already has one MOTM to his name this season. He does unfortunately blow hot and cold but which L1 winger doesn’t?
    Any winger, any league tbh.  I like the way he has bulked up a bit and I think his decision making has improved.  Could be a key player this season.
  • CatAddick said:
    Stockley, Kirk, DJ and Lee as your most attacking 4 is potentially very exciting.
    Is he? Already has one MOTM to his name this season. He does unfortunately blow hot and cold but which L1 winger doesn’t?
    Any winger, any league tbh.  I like the way he has bulked up a bit and I think his decision making has improved.  Could be a key player this season.
    I think in about a year/18 months DJ will be a 10 or second striker if not an out and out center forward.  Reminds me of Antonio when he played for Wednesday. 
  • The Lee deal is another that happened with almost no foreplay on social media.

That doesn't mean there's loads of deals about to get done but it shows that lack of social media rumours doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Speaking for myself, I love foreplay.
  • Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

Keep the faith everyone still think we will get another few gooduns🤞🏻

Perhaps we were trying for Lowery & or Dempsey, making no great head way and didn't want to end up with no one in midfield with L1 experience?
    I still think we could go in for one of them on a perm lee plays Am/striker we still need more creativity in midfield i think 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

Keep the faith everyone still think we will get another few gooduns🤞🏻

Interesting video, sure i heard Olly drop a line in around 1.20 saying that "Difficult start and that Nige hasn't been able to get the squad together to where he wants it to be until next week"??, so ..a hint that there are more developments on the horizon, certainly need them, but big clue there maybe? B)
  • Stockley, Kirk, DJ and Lee as your most attacking 4 is potentially very exciting.
    Against Sheff Wed - poor. Against Oxford, he had 7 touches - abysmal. Against Wigan - poor again.
    I assume he was motm against MK Dons, in which case fair play. From what i've seen last season and this I think he's overrated by a lot on here 
    DJ is a typical winger who produces about every 5 games, which is why Curbishley preferred to play without wingers.
    Yes Rommedahl played but had little success.
    Mind you DJ will find it easier with Kirk & Lee in the team so he's not double marked and will receive more of the ball. We shall see.
  • I think you have to accept that wingers are going to blow very hot or very cold. I do think that they thrive on confidence and playing in a team that’s doing well with plenty of possession where they are not isolated for long periods is a massive confidence thing. 
  • If an offer comes in fr Schwartz I think he’ll be off. For whatever reason it hasn’t happened for him here yet and not sure he’ll get the chance to either. With the Papa John’s game I know there’s a lot of the youth starting but I guess he might be involved too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kirk and Lee both have respectable scoring records given they are "forwards" but not outright strikers. My belief/hunch is that they between them are expected to make up the 10-15 goals Aneke would have provided.

Left back is obviously the most glaring weakness in the current Squad and an injury to Stockley would leave us very weak up front so I expect at least two more. Given links to several CMs I think this is another area to address.

The transfer policy has been somewhat erratic to my view. Kirk, Lee, Stockley are all good signings, but Dobson and Clare are both frankly underwhelming, and then there's the likes of Famewo and Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.

I'm inclined to think the "transfer committee" approach is letting us down - not necessarily any one member but more of a "too many chefs" problem.
  • Agree.
    It will take a big re set all round in order to see Schwartz play for us ever again.
    In that respect I think it is Schwartz himself who needs to do 80% of the heavy lifting needed in order for him to even be in a position to be picked.
  • thenewbie said:
    Kirk and Lee both have respectable scoring records given they are "forwards" but not outright strikers. My belief/hunch is that they between them are expected to make up the 10-15 goals Aneke would have provided.

Left back is obviously the most glaring weakness in the current Squad and an injury to Stockley would leave us very weak up front so I expect at least two more. Given links to several CMs I think this is another area to address.

The transfer policy has been somewhat erratic to my view. Kirk, Lee, Stockley are all good signings, but Dobson and Clare are both frankly underwhelming, and then there's the likes of Famewo and Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.

I'm inclined to think the "transfer committee" approach is letting us down - not necessarily any one member but more of a "too many chefs" problem.
    “ Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.”

That’s harsh! We’d have been 3-0 down at half time if it wasn’t for Macgillivray! 

• thenewbie said:
    Kirk and Lee both have respectable scoring records given they are "forwards" but not outright strikers. My belief/hunch is that they between them are expected to make up the 10-15 goals Aneke would have provided.

“ Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.”

That’s harsh! We’d have been 3-0 down at half time if it wasn’t for Macgillivray! 

Good saves, yes, but do you really think Amos or Phillips would have let in all three?
  • I predict Schwartz joining a lower end Danish Superliga side on loan, on deadline day.  
  • edited August 2021
    VFR4life said:
    Elliot lee from Luton signed
    Nice one @VFR4life once again on the button. Have a Promote 👍
    I hope @Redvaliant gets a mention in despatches too 👍🏻
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!