Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I heard we are playing Exeter in some sort of organised, professional league, could be intresting. 
    It will be a disaster.

Doubt we'll get the crowds we need. I heard a rumour we're moving to Catford.

Should never have turned professional and should have stayed at Pound Park
  • Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

Keep the faith everyone still think we will get another few gooduns🤞🏻

So, not something we've been working 24 hours a day on for weeks.

As a pp said - probably went in for him after getting the knock back on Dempsey and/or Lowery. Not that i'm complaining as I've been saying for weeks & weeks that we need another striker. Would prefer a small pacey one but that can be a young Premiership loan now as Lee has experience in this League.
    Or in that 24 hour period Lee became available and he was preferred to Dempsey and Lowery!
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Clarky said:
    Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

As a pp said - probably went in for him after getting the knock back on Dempsey and/or Lowery. Not that i'm complaining as I've been saying for weeks & weeks that we need another striker. Would prefer a small pacey one but that can be a young Premiership loan now as Lee has experience in this League.
    Or in that 24 hour period Lee became available and he was preferred to Dempsey and Lowery!
    I wouldn't discount them yet, especially Lowery. 
    Is Lowery even a similar player to Lee?

Id see him more alongside Dobson, dictating the game 
    I would see it as Dobson/Watson, Lowrey/Morgan, Gilbey/Lee and Clare is the extra and could cover almost all them.  Depends on how long JFC is away but it really wouldn't be surprised if Morgan went out on loan in the second half of the season.

I think that Lee also can be the second striker so I don't think we will see another one unless Ronnie moves on, or is just excluded from the squad.

Oh and JFC could be a medium term solution as an attacking left back, was brilliant there against Fulham...... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Clarky said:
    Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

I would see it as Dobson/Watson, Lowrey/Morgan, Gilbey/Lee and Clare is the extra and could cover almost all them.  Depends on how long JFC is away but it really wouldn't be surprised if Morgan went out on loan in the second half of the season.

I think that Lee also can be the second striker so I don't think we will see another one unless Ronnie moves on, or is just excluded from the squad. 
    and Dempsey if he were to sign, or would you see him as the alternative to Lowery? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Clarky said:

and Dempsey if he were to sign, or would you see him as the alternative to Lowery? 
    I can't see we would get both not unless they try and move on Clare or Dobson straight away, which would be bizarre. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    mart77 said:
    VFR4life said:
    Elliot lee from Luton signed
    Nice one @VFR4life once again on the button. Have a Promote 👍
    I hope @Redvaliant gets a mention in despatches to
    Apologies, props to our Big 3 roving reporters, @Redvaliant @VFR4life and @DOUCHER  👍
    Thanks AFKA - if I’d turned my phone on earlier I could have pipped VFR by about 30 minutes - absolutely devastated I’d had that long lunch in the sun in the best place in the world but I’m getting over it 🍺☀️👍
    First rule of journalism: Never turn your phone off 😉
  • Great singing yesterday ! what are the chances of another today do we think ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I am sure this has been discussed but I must have overlooked it, but does AMB have a recall clause? 
  • I am sure this has been discussed but I must have overlooked it, but does AMB have a recall clause? 
    Only in January 
  • Makes sense imo. We do have a back up already if we were unfortunate enough to lose Mack to injury and we can always bring in an emergency loan if needed. Why take up a squad place with someone unlikely to play ?
  • That seems sensible honestly, in terms of all the issues that need solving a GK likely to spend a season on the bench is a long way down the list - especially with the emergency loan rules.
  • thenewbie said:
    That seems sensible honestly, in terms of all the issues that need solving a GK likely to spend a season on the bench is a long way down the list - especially with the emergency loan rules.
    And you can sign free agents after the window slams shut.  It really isn't a priority at all. 
  • AndyG said:
    Makes sense imo. We do have a back up already if we were unfortunate enough to lose Mack to injury and we can always bring in an emergency loan if needed. Why take up a squad place with someone unlikely to play ?
    Sounds more like a comment to the effect that we are not over a barrel in needing to sign someone; maybe directed to a senior player without a club who wants more money than we want to pay?
  • Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Makes sense imo. We do have a back up already if we were unfortunate enough to lose Mack to injury and we can always bring in an emergency loan if needed. Why take up a squad place with someone unlikely to play ?
    Sounds more like a comment to the effect that we are not over a barrel in needing to sign someone; maybe directed to a senior player without a club who wants more money than we want to pay?
    Maybe but it seems a bit of a stretch that you'd conduct that in the press. If it was/is a hint to another club then I could see it but seems a lot of effort to play mind games with one out of contract player in one of the few positions we don't desperately need cover
  • thenewbie said:
    That seems sensible honestly, in terms of all the issues that need solving a GK likely to spend a season on the bench is a long way down the list - especially with the emergency loan rules.
    Unless he goes elsewhere before the window closes then Alex Palmer @ West Brom will surely be one of the ideal choices to go for on emergency loan - Did well with Lincoln last season.
  • AndyG said:
    Squad place isnt an issue, this is definitely a financial decision but at least does make sense. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Unless he goes elsewhere before the window closes then Alex Palmer @ West Brom will surely be one of the ideal choices to go for on emergency loan - Did well with Lincoln last season.
    Or Darren Randolph, who's down the West Ham pecking order and has lost his Ireland place. Unlike certain other former Charlton keepers, he's not the sort happy to pick up a wage as a non playing 3rd keeper
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Maybe but it seems a bit of a stretch that you'd conduct that in the press. If it was/is a hint to another club then I could see it but seems a lot of effort to play mind games with one out of contract player in one of the few positions we don't desperately need cover
    Given the way things have gone so far, more likely that we do not have the money available to pay a back up goalie. A new low I think.
  • CAFC Twitter having a total normal one today.  Claiming unless we sign a left back today crowd will be below 10k at the weekend... 

• Really good signing yesterday BLOOD-LEE MARVELLOUS

I wonder if there are any potential signings down at the training ground this morning?

as the last two signings were spotted in and around the ground or training with us

• Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Given the way things have gone so far, more likely that we do not have the money available to pay a back up goalie. A new low I think.
    Or we're not willing to waste money that can be better used elsewhere? 
  • I wonder if Lee signed because we missed out on Azeez to Pompey. Lee talking about how it all came about in 24 hours odd. 
  • Just a thought…

Stadium tour had to avoid a new signing taking photos, yet Elliot Lee was at the training ground for his photo shoot?
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just a thought…

Stadium tour had to avoid a new signing taking photos, yet Elliot Lee was at the training ground for his photo shoot?
    They released pictures of dogs at the valley. Maybe that was the photo shoot that was being avoided?! 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Chrispy51 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Just a thought…

They released pictures of dogs at the valley. Maybe that was the photo shoot that was being avoided?! 
    So they stopped the tour so photos of dogs can be taken? Haha
    Barking
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!