Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Croydon said:
    It's not happening with Schwartz. Didn't even get a run against Barnsley for the u23s. We need to sign a striker. 
    Played this week for under 23
    This one might be a genuine mistake, so I'll let you off.

Ronnie played when we lost to Dulwich Hamlet, he didn't play when we smashed Barnsley. 
  • Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Makes sense imo. We do have a back up already if we were unfortunate enough to lose Mack to injury and we can always bring in an emergency loan if needed. Why take up a squad place with someone unlikely to play ?
    Sounds more like a comment to the effect that we are not over a barrel in needing to sign someone; maybe directed to a senior player without a club who wants more money than we want to pay?
    Maybe but it seems a bit of a stretch that you'd conduct that in the press. If it was/is a hint to another club then I could see it but seems a lot of effort to play mind games with one out of contract player in one of the few positions we don't desperately need cover
    Given the way things have gone so far, more likely that we do not have the money available to pay a back up goalie. A new low I think.
    Not at all a new low - we’ve often had an u23 keeper as 2nd choice at this level.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    It's not happening with Schwartz. Didn't even get a run against Barnsley for the u23s. We need to sign a striker. 

Ronnie played when we lost to Dulwich Hamlet, he didn't play when we smashed Barnsley. 
    He can't even get in the U23 Team 😆
  • Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Makes sense imo. We do have a back up already if we were unfortunate enough to lose Mack to injury and we can always bring in an emergency loan if needed. Why take up a squad place with someone unlikely to play ?
    Sounds more like a comment to the effect that we are not over a barrel in needing to sign someone; maybe directed to a senior player without a club who wants more money than we want to pay?
    Maybe but it seems a bit of a stretch that you'd conduct that in the press. If it was/is a hint to another club then I could see it but seems a lot of effort to play mind games with one out of contract player in one of the few positions we don't desperately need cover
    Given the way things have gone so far, more likely that we do not have the money available to pay a back up goalie. A new low I think.
    Meet the new low, same as the old low.  Like last season, most of 18/19, 17/18, 16/17......
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

He can't even get in the U23 Team 😆
    See my posts on the Ronnie thread & also on the Adkins presser thread.

Can't believe no one is asking any pertinent questions.  
  • We have got 3 spaces left.

That doesnt include the keeper but does include Rocket Ronnie and JFC.

I would guess a CM and a LB then a couple of young gun gamble loans on deadline day. 
  • Defender on loan from the Prem will be the next one I think.
    Heard something or just a feeling? 

Do you know if it’s true we were in for Azeez? Cheers 👍🏻
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers for the response fella. Your nuggets are always welcome. Hopefully we’ll get that deal done if we’ve been pushing for it. Fingers crossed for a productive few days 🙌🏻
  • mart77 said:
    Defender on loan from the Prem will be the next one I think.

Same one we were in for a week or so back, still grinding out the details with the parent club.

Azeez is not one I have heard of, I know we enquired about him last year but don't think he is one we wanted this summer.
    When the ball goes out wide and the cross is supplied, that's...
  • mart77 said:
    Defender on loan from the Prem will be the next one I think.

Same one we were in for a week or so back, still grinding out the details with the parent club.

Azeez is not one I have heard of, I know we enquired about him last year but don't think he is one we wanted this summer.
    Omole?
  • If it is Omole I saw this written in an article about Spurs youngsters who were involved with their pre-season: 
    Tobi Omole – Originally a midfielder, Omole transitioned into a central defensive role earlier in his youth career. Notably, he spent six years in the Arsenal academy before joining Tottenham. His first appearance for Spurs came in a 1-0 win over the Gunners too! He managed 20 appearances in the Premier League 2 for Spurs last season.
  • Hopefully a pacey LB. I do think we would look a different team if we had a proper player in that position.
    In an ideal world we'd have a pacy right back too 
  • Smithy said:
    Getting a second keeper is definitely not a priority right now. LB, Striker and CM should be our focus for the next few days. 
    Won’t get a striker now we got Lee .. unless Davison goes to Gillingham on loan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Spoke to the tea lady this morning and I'm hearing nothing will happen today
  • edited August 2021
    cafc4life said:
    had no signal this morning as im at a beach bar on the thames, but just heard that we are signing a young defender from a prem side.
    Left sided I hope
  • Missed out on an Arsenal player Azeez heading for Pompey allegedly.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    AndyG said:
    Meet the new low, same as the old low.  Like last season, most of 18/19, 17/18, 16/17......
    I think getting in a second GK only makes sense if you believe you can get in better than you would be able to with a loan. Lincoln got the GK in from W.Brom on an emergency loan, and I note he did not go back after the GK regained fitness. 
    Sensible in many ways.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!