Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• LouisMend said:
    They will probably only pay X amount for a back up goalie who may not play a game.
    If Hendo or whoever wants more then we'll likely not bother, save the cash & get in an emergency keeper if McG gets injured. 
  • Doucher, check your in box mate
  • thenewbie said:
    Kirk and Lee both have respectable scoring records given they are "forwards" but not outright strikers. My belief/hunch is that they between them are expected to make up the 10-15 goals Aneke would have provided.

Left back is obviously the most glaring weakness in the current Squad and an injury to Stockley would leave us very weak up front so I expect at least two more. Given links to several CMs I think this is another area to address.

The transfer policy has been somewhat erratic to my view. Kirk, Lee, Stockley are all good signings, but Dobson and Clare are both frankly underwhelming, and then there's the likes of Famewo and Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.

I'm inclined to think the "transfer committee" approach is letting us down - not necessarily any one member but more of a "too many chefs" problem.
    “ Macgillivray who have pedigree but are struggling for form.”

That’s harsh! We’d have been 3-0 down at half time if it wasn’t for Macgillivray! 

Maybe, but he'd been criticized in previous games - his latest performance was good but his overall form thus far less so. Same as Famewo who showed last season he's a much better player than recent performances suggest.

I think both will show their quality eventually but they haven't yet.
  • LouisMend said:
    Other teams in L1 have taken an emergency loan keeper, and done very well out of it

The only risk is if your keeper gets injured in the game, you have to throw in a rookie, but then we have a decent number of young keepers
  • Leuth said:
    Schwartz, if back to full fitness and form, would be like a new signing tbh

Left back top priority, followed by midfield and GK imo
    I'd be shocked if Schwartz ever plays for the first team again
    I'm expecting a quiet bit of deadline day business

"Ronnie Schwartz will be joining Danish club **** on loan/for an undisclosed fee. We wish him all the best."

• Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

Keep the faith everyone still think we will get another few gooduns🤞🏻

So, not something we've been working 24 hours a day on for weeks.

As a pp said - probably went in for him after getting the knock back on Dempsey and/or Lowery. Not that i'm complaining as I've been saying for weeks & weeks that we need another striker. Would prefer a small pacey one but that can be a young Premiership loan now as Lee has experience in this League.
  • Just watched Lee’s interview on valley pass and the bit that stuck out for me is he mentions how interest only happened in the last 24 hours and it all happened really fast just goes to show how quick we can and will act and how things may still change alot with our interest/bids for players

As a pp said - probably went in for him after getting the knock back on Dempsey and/or Lowery. Not that i'm complaining as I've been saying for weeks & weeks that we need another striker. Would prefer a small pacey one but that can be a young Premiership loan now as Lee has experience in this League.
    Not sure about that washington is pretty pacey and CBT is rapid and can play wing or upfront i think bringing in a chuks replacement and someone who can push or cover for stockley would be better 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Schwartz, if back to full fitness and form, would be like a new signing tbh

Left back top priority, followed by midfield and GK imo
    He won't play another 5 games for us.

Can’t see a striker being a loan as they’d mostly be on the bench unless NA changes the system. Given we’ve brought in Lee with more on the way that’s probably not going to happen for a while.
  • Croydon said:
    It's not happening with Schwartz. Didn't even get a run against Barnsley for the u23s. We need to sign a striker. 
    Played this week for under 23
    No he didn’t, Adkins mentioned this in his presser yesterday. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Croydon said:
    It's not happening with Schwartz. Didn't even get a run against Barnsley for the u23s. We need to sign a striker. 
    He played 45 mins 
    Against Dulwich which was not this week
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Croydon said:
    He played 45 mins 
    That was last week, he didn’t play in the game this week against Barnsley. 
  • I heard we are playing Exeter in some sort of organised, professional league, could be intresting. 
  • edited August 2021
    Apparently we’re signing Gareth Bale on loan until the end of the season, he’s a big fan of the golf course on shooters hill.

Well that’s what he told me in the dream i had last night!
  • Apparently we’re signing Gareth Bale on loan until the end of the season, he’s a big fan of the golf course on shooters hill.

Would think the Shooters Hill track would be way too easy for Mr Bale. Need to stop eating cheese before bedtime.
  • Hal1x said:
    Apparently we’re signing Gareth Bale on loan until the end of the season, he’s a big fan of the golf course on shooters hill.

if Gareth Bale appeared in one of my dreams, it would be considered a nightmare.
    Sensation of falling, being stalked by a killer in your own home, the walking dead, zombie apocalypse, Gareth Bale.

Stuff of Terror.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!