Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    The fact we’ve played Deji over Pearce twice, makes be think we won’t go for a CB in the window.
     Pearce might be on the way out?
  • J BLOCK said:
    The fact we’ve played Deji over Pearce twice, makes be think we won’t go for a CB in the window.
    Only recently signed a new deal which included giving him a route into coaching so I don’t see him going anywhere.

Take it with a big pinch of salt but someone on Facebook claimed Pearce was told he’d be 5th choice this season. Would explain the Omole loan link if true, he’s a left footed CB rather than a natural left back. It would also mean we have plenty of depth if Elewere needs break or we pick up a few injuries. We don’t want to be playing Gunter there again.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Deji is right footed so the obvious replacement for Innis otherwise with Pearce and Fanewo we'll have two left sided centre backs.

Deji looks very promising but wouldn't want to throw him in if Innis is long term injured so an experienced centre back would be nice.

Or maybe he'll be another Paul Elliot and shine.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I don’t believe this to be true at all but if it is then I’ll finally believe TS is serious about creating a promotion capable squad. We’d still need a left back. & striker though 
    Not sure why you think it's totally out of the realms of possibility. As others have said, 'the72' is fairly reputable with transfers. I do agree with you though, my view on this summers recruitment will change if we pull this off. 
    I don’t see TS stumping up £1m+ and it’s the Sun.

feels more like Gills trying to stump up some more interest. Never know they may get desperate on Tuesday if the need the cash
    Why? He's spent that on Stockley and Kirk this summer already. 
    Yeah so I don’t see him spending another £1m+ on top of the 800k approx. Already spent 👍🏼
  • Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I don’t believe this to be true at all but if it is then I’ll finally believe TS is serious about creating a promotion capable squad. We’d still need a left back. & striker though 
    Not sure why you think it's totally out of the realms of possibility. As others have said, 'the72' is fairly reputable with transfers. I do agree with you though, my view on this summers recruitment will change if we pull this off. 
    I don’t see TS stumping up £1m+ and it’s the Sun.

feels more like Gills trying to stump up some more interest. Never know they may get desperate on Tuesday if the need the cash
    Why? He's spent that on Stockley and Kirk this summer already. 
    Yeah so I don’t see him spending another £1m+ on top of the 800k approx. Already spent 👍🏼
    According to the link posted about Dempsey replying to transfer speculation, ive just read the few comments and someone said he'd fetch £250k whilst someone else said they'd heard he wants to leave by deadline day. Can all be taken with a pinch of salt I guess, or some Gills fans just being realistic? 
  • Sponsored links:

• We should get Danny Hylton in from Luton as a back up to Stockley. I used to watch him at Aldershot when Charlton were away. In 50 years of watching football I’ve never seen a player try so hard - he is a direct ( but not as good) equivalent of Stockley - very physical loves a battle - not much pace but can score wonder goals from distance and good with his head - brave ( mad) as a lion - The crowd would love him - sometimes !! 
  • redbuttle said:
    I spoke to three in the know people today. 
    Bexleyboy 
    Colin 
    Ronnie 
    They have all told me that Arter is going to sign for us.
    Am I now on the In the know list. 
    That's one person.
    I think it was a joke..
    Woooooosh!!!!
  • We should get Danny Hylton in from Luton as a back up to Stockley. I used to watch him at Aldershot when Charlton were away. In 50 years of watching football I’ve never seen a player try so hard - he is a direct ( but not as good) equivalent of Stockley - very physical loves a battle - not much pace but can score wonder goals from distance and good with his head - brave ( mad) as a lion - The crowd would love him - sometimes !! 
    Maybe sign a striker to play with Stockley 
  • Tbf Wigan have probably spent less on transfer fees than us this summer.

The have almost certainly increased their wage bill by significantly more than us but their wage bill last season would have been significantly smaller than ours. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Dobson best midfielder this season do me a fucking favour.

Let hope Albie goes on loan now we got Lee
    LOL

You've changed :-)
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a fair point about Pearce but playing style doesn't necessarily transfer to coaching.

George Graham the manager would never have picked George Graham the player, for example.

John Beck is one of the FAs lead coaches of the UEFA coaching badges and I haven't seen a team play like his in over 25 years. 

Charlton v Cambridge at Upton park is still one of the strangest games of football I have witnessed in my life for tactics.

When Cambridge kicked off, they went for touch. Young Dion Dublin was the small man up front at 6ft 2'' and senior George Reilly was 6ft 5" alongside.  John Beck got two Promotions for Cambridge and nearly took them all the way to the newly formed Elitist League called the Premier.

Didn't realized he was teaching Uefa B coaching since 2013. That would have been an interesting Job interview when they asked what is your Philosophy on how the game should be played ?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a fair point about Pearce but playing style doesn't necessarily transfer to coaching.

George Graham the manager would never have picked George Graham the player, for example.

John Beck is one of the FAs lead coaches of the UEFA coaching badges and I haven't seen a team play like his in over 25 years. 

Charlton v Cambridge at Upton park is still one of the strangest games of football I have witnessed in my life for tactics.

When Cambridge kicked off, they went for touch. Young Dion Dublin was the small man up front at 6ft 2'' and senior George Reilly was 6ft 5" alongside.  John Beck got two Promotions for Cambridge and nearly took them all the way to the newly formed Elitist League called the Premier.

Didn't realized he was teaching Uefa B coaching since 2013. That would have been an interesting Job interview when they asked what is your Philosophy on how the game should be played ?
    I remember that game well - I was there too - they beat us easily - strangest football tactics I ever saw 
    it didn’t matter where their defenders or midfielders were they immediately kicked it long to the wings - it was all about getting the ball back into the box from throw ins corners etc - worked like a dream !! 
  • Too young to have seen Beck’s Cambridge team live but have read a few articles. Dion Dublin claimed all the stories about them were true.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/every-single-thing-youve-heard-13975380

There was, of course, method in the madness, and Dublin confirmed that everything that you heard from that period was true.

“Every single thing you’ve heard from that time was true,” he said.

“We were a horrible team to play against. Playing at the Abbey Stadium was so uncomfortable for other teams.

“We used to put loads of sugar in the tea and give them no hot water at all. We put the warm-up balls in the bath so they would be soaking wet. This all got around the other clubs so it was very much a case of ‘oh no, it’s Cambridge United this weekend'.

“They did not like us because we were horrible.”

• Scoham said:
    Too young to have seen Beck’s Cambridge team live but have read a few articles. Dion Dublin claimed all the stories about them were true.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/every-single-thing-youve-heard-13975380

There was, of course, method in the madness, and Dublin confirmed that everything that you heard from that period was true.

“Every single thing you’ve heard from that time was true,” he said.

“We were a horrible team to play against. Playing at the Abbey Stadium was so uncomfortable for other teams.

“We used to put loads of sugar in the tea and give them no hot water at all. We put the warm-up balls in the bath so they would be soaking wet. This all got around the other clubs so it was very much a case of ‘oh no, it’s Cambridge United this weekend'.

“They did not like us because we were horrible.”

If anyone has seen John Beck's Cambridge they certainly wouldn't accuse anyone today of playing hoof ball.

Our game at Upton Park gets a mention here

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/05/08/how-john-becks-derided-cambridge-came-within-90-minutes-of-gate-crashing-the-premier-league-in-1992/

• FAVADDICK said:
    In the sun today both Tucker and Dempsey wanted by us let's hope we push the boat out and get them 
    The same Sun that was tha News of the World and hacked peoples phones. And you believe them ? Not to mention  the lies The Sun printed on the Hillsborough tragedy. 

Who said I believe them, all I said I hope we push the boat out and get them, I don't care what the papers write I know that there 2 players we should be targeting anyway !!!!
  • FAVADDICK said:
    In the sun today both Tucker and Dempsey wanted by us let's hope we push the boat out and get them 
    The same Sun that was tha News of the World and hacked peoples phones. And you believe them ? Not to mention  the lies The Sun printed on the Hillsborough tragedy. 
    Poster shares rumour from newspaper in Rumours Thread. Shock.  

Can't wait til the school holidays are over. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!