Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I spoke to three in the know people today. 
    Bexleyboy 
    Colin 
    Ronnie 
    They have all told me that Arter is going to sign for us.
    Am I now on the In the know list. 
    Your on the "why talk to Colin" list!
  • Swisdom said:
    I can confirm We are definitely pursuing becoming a Cat 1 Academy. 

Our academy is what has kept us going over the years and being in the South London hotbed means there aremore out there.  

We are also coming under pressure from other clubs nabbing kids from our areas hence category one is essential
    @Swisdom this is great news, there’s surely a phenomenal bill attached to this? Especially on a training ground we lease. Is there a timescale attached, by when we are planning to achieve it? 

I regularly see the development at the p*l*ce academy and it is very impressive. Despite the smell. It’s tremendously heartening to see us try to compete as the catchment for them would easily encroach into our traditional talent base and worried me each time I saw it. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    I don’t believe this to be true at all but if it is then I’ll finally believe TS is serious about creating a promotion capable squad. We’d still need a left back. & striker though 
  • Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I don’t believe this to be true at all but if it is then I’ll finally believe TS is serious about creating a promotion capable squad. We’d still need a left back. & striker though 
    Not sure why you think it's totally out of the realms of possibility. As others have said, 'the72' is fairly reputable with transfers. I do agree with you though, my view on this summers recruitment will change if we pull this off. 
  • edited August 2021
    Dempsey on top of Arter starts to feel a bit like overkill in the midfield unless we definitely aren’t seeing any more of JFC or things are worse than feared with Gilbey’s recovery? Or maybe Albie gets a loan?

I very much believe Lee has been brought in to be that extra goal getter and will be shocked if another striker arrives at this point.

Left back is the glaring omission. I am getting more and more concerned about that one. Surely they don’t think we can get through a season with Matthews, Gunter and Purrington as our only full back options?

Assuming Arter is a done deal, here is my list for the last couple of days of the window…

Must have: left back

Would be nice: right sided centre back

Would be surprised: goalkeeper, striker, midfielder

• Sponsored links:

• Well Arter could be coming until January, or to be involved until the squad is complete.
  • Maccn05 said:
    J BLOCK said:

Given the source is our good pal Mr Nixon I don't know what to make of it. Would be a bit of a statement to get both of them. Left back and striker as the other loans then which wouldn't bother me too much. 
  • edited August 2021
    Looking at the 22 man squad rules I have started to think it could be a Wheeler dealer remaining window as we simply can’t now just stack up loads more players.

Looking at the squad we have to assume a left back is coming in. And as per the list below with that, the only way any more can arrive is if people leave:

Macgillivray 

Gunter 

Famewo 

Inniss 

NEW LEFT BACK

Arter

Gilbey

Lee 

Washington 

Stockley 

Kirk 

SUBS:

Harness (U21)

Matthews

Pearce

Watson

Morgan

Schwartz (EXIT?) (New striker?)

Jayiesimi

Purrington

Elewere (U21)

Clare

Dobson

JFC

Blackett-Taylor

So that’s at best a new striker to replace Schwartz. I can’t work out how Tucker and Dempsey fit in unless two are on their way out (or if JFC isn’t even registered this season for the first team)

• I can’t work out the Dobson, Clare and CBT trio of signings. Just feel we can do better and it’s a waste of 3 squad spaces 
  • Swisdom said:

Our academy is what has kept us going over the years and being in the South London hotbed means there aremore out there.  

We are also coming under pressure from other clubs nabbing kids from our areas hence category one is essential
    @Swisdom this is great news, there’s surely a phenomenal bill attached to this? Especially on a training ground we lease. Is there a timescale attached, by when we are planning to achieve it? 

I regularly see the development at the p*l*ce academy and it is very impressive. Despite the smell. It’s tremendously heartening to see us try to compete as the catchment for them would easily encroach into our traditional talent base and worried me each time I saw it. 
    The costs aren't small, but there are financial benefits among the many reasons to do this.

Valley Gold will be making a decent contribution to this project, so it's a good time to join if people would like to support the academy directly. 
  • Can’t see Tucker wanting to sign unless he plays. 

• Sponsored links:

• Assuming Arter signs if we get another midfielder a winger probably makes more sense, and ideally a left footer.

An injury to Kirk or DJ means we’d be relying on CBT stepping up. He’s a short term gamble to see if he comes good, and while Clayden looked promising in preseason he doesn’t seem ready to be starting league games yet. It would also mean we don’t need to play Washington out wide.
  • Swisdom said:

Great to hear but won’t TS need to own the training ground? We’ll need to upgrade the facilities (as well as hiring more coaches), will he want to do that while it’s owned by RD?
  • Maccn05 said:
    I’m surprised we’ve not heard anything about loaning out Vennings or Dempsey!

We have too many CM’s they are miles off the team so surely need to be playing some real football not U23’s
    Conference doesnt really have a Transfer Window does it?

Although Ben Dempsey surely has to be heading to League Two on loan if there are any plans for him to have a future here.
  • Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:

Great to hear but won’t TS need to own the training ground? We’ll need to upgrade the facilities (as well as hiring more coaches), will he want to do that while it’s owned by RD?
    Ideally yes.  Would make it all a Bit easier but not impossible
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!