Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I think that’s about as clear a confirmation as Adkins will ever be likely to give! Expecting an announcement Monday at the latest…
  • Just wondered what Benni McCarthy’s up to these days, another one we missed out on.
  • Not sure the Henderson signing is gonna happen - was pants on trial apparently 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Not sure the Henderson signing is gonna happen - was pants on trial apparently 
    Was pants or insisted on training in his?
  • Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Re: Arter's age, Gallen said that we would look to bring in a few experienced players as well. It's not just going to be all young'uns. 

Also, I would be surprised if his legs are gone at 31 years old. 
    Gunter was only 31 when he came in, and is only 5 months older than Arter, and it can be argued that he's declined significantly from his peak
    I don't think Gunter's legs have gone. He's just been shit. 

And will Arter be shit because Gunter has been?
    What other explanation for a player of Gunter's pedigree being substandard can there be other than physical degradation? He's gained more experience, had more training. Short of getting the yips (which isn't really documented in football aside from in strikers), how could Gunter, once of Spurs, be hapless in League One if his legs haven't gone and he's trying to make up for it and failing? 
    Last year Bowyer kept chopping and changing the team and also playing him out of position. This year he has been playing out of position again at left back...
    Matthews proved in the Championship that he needed a consistent run in the side to get with the rhythm of the game, and being copied and changed last year meant he wasn't as effective for us. You can bet it's the same with Gunter and compounded by not being played in his best position.

• Good thing about Arter being a loan is that it frees up cash to make a £500k deadline day bid for Owen Dale.

We need more strikers now we play 442!
  • LouisMend said:
    "I suppose, at the end of the day when somebody has signed a piece of paper and is announced as our player, then they’re announced as our player."

It's OK Nigel, we know what you're trying to say 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like an educated guess on Cawley's part -

Signing 31 years olds ain't the "Brentford way," Thomas.
    Tbh If we were going down that route we wouldn’t have sign Dobson or Clare. 
  • Arter and his agent were there today, it’s done

great signing at our level 
    Maybe. Not really played since February. 
    Had a proper pre season though. Hopeful he’ll be ready for selection by the Cheltenham game I would think. That’s two weeks away.
  • Am I right in thinking we have a game on the last day of the transfer window? Not ideal if so!
    We're not playing on Thursday 2nd I don't think... That's the EFL Transfer Window deadline 
  • Arter is being saved for the Pizza Cup game  :D
  • edited August 2021
    One word: Haisselbank 

Let's not get too excited.
  • I spoke to three in the know people today. 
    Bexleyboy 
    Colin 
    Ronnie 
    They have all told me that Arter is going to sign for us.
    Am I now on the In the know list. 
    That's one person.
  • I spoke to three in the know people today. 
    Bexleyboy 
    Colin 
    Ronnie 
    They have all told me that Arter is going to sign for us.
    Am I now on the In the know list. 
    You leave him alone - he always delivers good news. It just might be a little late…and he is on the coaching staff now as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Arter and his agent were there today, it’s done

Had a proper pre season though. Hopeful he’ll be ready for selection by the Cheltenham game I would think. That’s two weeks away.
    How would we hsve a clue about his preseason.  ROI manager is concerned about his fitness but you are not ?
    By asking his parent club? It's not exactly held under the official secrets act...
  • Arter and his agent were there today, it’s done

How would we hsve a clue about his preseason.  ROI manager is concerned about his fitness but you are not ?
    You would like to think we would ask the question. 
  • Any rumours around how many we're looking to sign? A CM (seems Arter is done or very close), a striker and a left back are a must.

A back up keeper and another winger would be good to have.

Centre back is an interesting one, with the amount of game time Deji is getting I don’t expect us to sign one, but if Inniss picks up a long term injury it’s a lot of pressure on him. Is he on a pro contract?

On unrealistic signings an attacking right back would be good but that seems very unlikely to happen with Matthews and Gunter here.
  • He’s either injured in which case we wouldn’t be signing him or he’s had a pre season but just not much game time. I think it’s safe to assume that even Charlton don’t sign players that are injured. 
  • With all the midfielders we've brought in, and with him seemingly a bit out of favour at the moment, could Dobson end up playing more at CB? That's where he started his career after all
  • Sounds like an educated guess on Cawley's part -

Signing 31 years olds ain't the "Brentford way," Thomas.
    Just as well Thomas has repeatedly said we're not copying  Brentford then.

Did not know that. Can you provide those repeated quotes in a link here? Would like to read them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!