Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Yeah. Hopefully if he signs Arter's technical ability will shine through. But then again, Watson... 
  • Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Re: Arter's age, Gallen said that we would look to bring in a few experienced players as well. It's not just going to be all young'uns. 

Also, I would be surprised if his legs are gone at 31 years old. 
    Gunter was only 31 when he came in, and is only 5 months older than Arter, and it can be argued that he's declined significantly from his peak
    I don't think Gunter's legs have gone. He's just been shit. 

And will Arter be shit because Gunter has been?
    What other explanation for a player of Gunter's pedigree being substandard can there be other than physical degradation? He's gained more experience, had more training. Short of getting the yips (which isn't really documented in football aside from in strikers), how could Gunter, once of Spurs, be hapless in League One if his legs haven't gone and he's trying to make up for it and failing? 
    Yet Gunter still gets called up for Wales. I thought the Euros would have been the perfect stage for him to call it a day at international level or for Wales to say thanks for the 100+ caps but now they want to give younger players a chance.

Yet Gunter gets called up again for the next round of internationals, you don't get called up if your legs have gone.
    I remember seeing the Welsh squad boarding their plane and he ‘definitely’ had his legs with him on that occasion.
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Arter plays international football for NI so should know Washigton.
    Arter plays for ROI.
  • Forest fans seem to be glad he’s gone but so many players seem to have failed there recently that you have to wonder if it’s really the players that are the problem…
  • Forest fans seem to be glad he’s gone but so many players seem to have failed there recently that you have to wonder if it’s really the players that are the problem…
    Whilst weren't they disappointed that Ben Watson didnt sign a new deal? - If so hopefully their fans are really bad at rating their players 
  • Gillis said:
    Chunes said:
    Re: Arter's age, Gallen said that we would look to bring in a few experienced players as well. It's not just going to be all young'uns. 

So would I, but I do find it difficult to understand why someone with nearly a hundred Premier League appearances to his name would sign for a League One side when he's only 31.

I also don't understand why he can't get near the Forest team. Watson made 45 appearances for Forest the season before he joined us, and they finished 7th in the Championship that year.

There could be perfectly good reasons why Arter's willing to drop to League One and why it hasn't worked out for him at Forest, but I know he had some injury problems last season, so it is a bit of a concern that he may not be the player he was. Hopefully it'll be a case of a new start with a manager that believes in him, and it'll work out well for us.
    He’s from Sidcup and came through our youth system - probably wants to put down roots 
  • Sponsored links:

• great news
  • It’s a shame for Albie, I really really want him to do well, but he’ll be 22 this season, has been part of the first team squad for four seasons and has 60+ league appearances. He isn’t a super young, fresh out of the academy player, and I just don’t think we’ve seen the progress. He was given the number 10 shirt and started the season in the first XI which was a great opportunity for him to nail down a starting place but it really hasn’t worked so far. I would like to give him a little bit longer, and he’ll probably get that as Lee will need a couple of weeks to get up to speed but if things don’t improve quickly it could be the beginning of the end of Albie’s time at the club. 
  • Clare, Arter
    DJ, Lee, Kirk

Now we’re talking.  Much much better and fair play they realised early on our midfield is crap.
  • One of Bill Shankly's quotes
    " Move on your players before their legs go "
    Hope I'm wrong but this could be a disappointment.
    Watson and JFH come to mind.
    Although I consider Pratley a success so let's see.

• Clare, Arter
    DJ, Lee, Kirk

Now we’re talking.  Much much better and fair play they realised early on our midfield is crap.
    I’d prefer to give the benefit of doubt and say we started the season as a WIP anc the champagne signings were always going to happen later and complete the jigsaw - may be some feeling a bit embarrassed with some of their comments when we look back in a months time but only time will tell 
  • cafc4life said:
    Ive heard it’s a season long loan, with option of a permanent deal. Naturally, all dependent on the division we are in. Dont shoot the messenger though 
    Whilst I’m obviously inviting ridicule from the cynical, I can confirm it is definitely a loan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't reveal my source but advised reliably that this is going to be a season long loan with an option to make it permanent. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Clare, Arter
    DJ, Lee, Kirk

I’d prefer to give the benefit of doubt and say we started the season as a WIP anc the champagne signings were always going to happen later and complete the jigsaw - may be some feeling a bit embarrassed with some of their comments when we look back in a months time but only time will tell 
    Possibly yeah.  I’m not so sure, I think if we got off to a flyer they may of stuck by Watson and Dobson as our two DM’s.  I guess we’ll never know for sure.  
  • edited August 2021
    Am I right in saying this is the rumour thread not the “Slag off a Charlton player” thread ? 
  • Ignore the hate. Forest have got far far bigger problems than Arter and Taylor..

Would be a cracking signing imo
  • Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Gunter was only 31 when he came in, and is only 5 months older than Arter, and it can be argued that he's declined significantly from his peak
    I don't think Gunter's legs have gone. He's just been shit. 

And will Arter be shit because Gunter has been?
    What other explanation for a player of Gunter's pedigree being substandard can there be other than physical degradation? He's gained more experience, had more training. Short of getting the yips (which isn't really documented in football aside from in strikers), how could Gunter, once of Spurs, be hapless in League One if his legs haven't gone and he's trying to make up for it and failing? 
    Yet Gunter still gets called up for Wales. I thought the Euros would have been the perfect stage for him to call it a day at international level or for Wales to say thanks for the 100+ caps but now they want to give younger players a chance.

Yet Gunter gets called up again for the next round of internationals, you don't get called up if your legs have gone.
    Gunter is there for his experience, he's not the first choice RB, or even the second choice, he played on the left of a defensive back 3 against Italy, so didn't need to do much running forward or attacking
  • Ignore the hate. Forest have got far far bigger problems than Arter and Taylor..

Would be a cracking signing imo
    Look hopeless against Derby who are probably one of the worst sides themselves  They need a complete squad overhaul and are spending ridiculous money on wages.
  • If I were the club I’d probably take him on loan, see how he does, if he he’s ok make it a permanent after that.👍
  • Regarding the Arter rumours I’m hearing it will be a season long loan with an option to make it permanent afterwards. My guess is it will be dependent on what league we’re in though.
    Regarding the Arter rumours I’m hearing it will be a season long loan with an option to make it permanent afterwards. My contact’s guess is it will be dependent on what league we’re in…though

The above two posts prove a theory that I have long held - that all Kiwis are a bunch of super friendly robots who all think as one giant hive mind and really like pies.
  • Not worried about Arter dropping down a league, after all he will still be on championship wages and will be getting a game with a team close to his roots. If the loan works out well for him then he may end up with better options.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!