Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cawley also saying he doesn’t believe Tucker is one we’re after.
  • edited August 2021
    If Harry Arter has done a proper pre season with Forest and as a good Professional, why wouldn't he, then he can be an asset in League1.
    The balance was wrong in midfield, and we will now have a plethora of midfield players to chose from. 
    Nigel Adkins realized what a couple of us proposed; going 4-4-2 when attacking and 4-4-1-1 when out of possession can be successful. 

Have a formation which creates the most chances, until yesterday we were impotent in that department. 

If we can support Stockley, and have wingers and Midfielders who can score then no problem with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3.

The set up didn't work because of the players available. With Lee that should help as he can score.
  • What was the last thing Nixon got right concerning us? 
  • rikofold said:
    Swisdom said:
    I can confirm We are definitely pursuing becoming a Cat 1 Academy. 

Our academy is what has kept us going over the years and being in the South London hotbed means there aremore out there.  

We are also coming under pressure from other clubs nabbing kids from our areas hence category one is essential
    @Swisdom this is great news, there’s surely a phenomenal bill attached to this? Especially on a training ground we lease. Is there a timescale attached, by when we are planning to achieve it? 

I regularly see the development at the p*l*ce academy and it is very impressive. Despite the smell. It’s tremendously heartening to see us try to compete as the catchment for them would easily encroach into our traditional talent base and worried me each time I saw it. 
    The costs aren't small, but there are financial benefits among the many reasons to do this.

Valley Gold will be making a decent contribution to this project, so it's a good time to join if people would like to support the academy directly. 
    If some solid plans are unfurled I will re join valley gold after decades of absence from it 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    The Wigan defeat and the reaction, was a big wake up call.. by the sounds of it, more money has been made available 
    To be honest, that would track with the line of thought that Sandgaard's "blow the league" comment was an honest mistake not a deliberate subterfuge. The budget etc he expected to be competitive was not, but if he's willing to face that and find more funds then fair play to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• More nonsense from Nixon...........'depends on cost'. Hardly groundbreaking info, isn't that true of any transfer where theres a fee involved?
  • Journalists get most wrong as they rely on gossip from their contacts in the game, local journalists that just cover one or two clubs will be more accurate as they have the time to check the veracity of what they hear.
  • I know it’s unlikely that we’ll get Dempsey and Tucker but I’d love to land them. I still think our squad depth isn’t good enough and we need high quality options to start and from the bench if we’re really going to challenge for promotion. I’d even consider leaving Tucker there until January and then see where we are. 
  • Scoham said:
    Confirmation of the deadline. I’m sure I read it was Thursday at one point.
    The Thursday deadline was mooted by the EFL back in early summer when UEFA hadn't agreed anything as they weren't sure about  Covid impacting on the new season.  Once the Premiership announced it was Aug 31st then the EFL fell into place. 
  • thenewbie said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The Wigan defeat and the reaction, was a big wake up call.. by the sounds of it, more money has been made available 
    To be honest, that would track with the line of thought that Sandgaard's "blow the league" comment was an honest mistake not a deliberate subterfuge. The budget etc he expected to be competitive was not, but if he's willing to face that and find more funds then fair play to him.
    And once the transfer business is hopefully done and we are all happy, I hope TS comes back on the pitch and gets the standing ovation and respect he thoroughly deserves rather than the north stand singing a different  song to what he is playing on his guitar - we can then put this last month of doom and gloom behind us and get back on track 
  • If we consider the players are good enough to play in the Championship I can believe we are interested. Sometimes you get an opportunity and you have to go for it, so price is everything.
  • Following the recruitment of Arter, if we want to improve on our midfield/forward options either now or in January, we will need to shift some bodies. We will have something like 18 players on the pay roll for just six positions and not too many teams at out level carry that many.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dobson left out of the squad yet 2 centre half’s on bench is a strange one to keep an eye on as well if we are doing some wheeling and dealing - no info just a guess 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dobson left out of the squad yet 2 centre half’s on bench is a strange one to keep an eye on as well if we are doing some wheeling and dealing - no info just a guess 
    Probably more due to how injury prone our starting CBs are 
  • What was the last thing Nixon got right concerning us? 
    He got Kirk right actually
    So did Ronnie moore
    That explains it,,Ronnie is really Nixon.sussed B)
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dobson left out of the squad yet 2 centre half’s on bench is a strange one to keep an eye on as well if we are doing some wheeling and dealing - no info just a guess 
    Was Dobson dropped or injured?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Dropped / rested is what I took from Adkins interview after the game on charlton tv 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Dropped / rested is what I took from Adkins interview after the game on charlton tv 
    Ruthless yet necessary.  For me the biggest disappointment out of our signings so far.  But who knows maybe this will help him turn it around, football is strange like that.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Don't see us taking the time and trouble to source and pursue Dobson just to dump him a few weeks later. More likely we already had four midfield/striking options on the bench in Lee, Davison, Clare and Taylor so if we had put Dobson on there too then that would have left us with just one out and out defender. Chances are that had we been away against better opposition Dobson would have come in for one of those four.
  • DOUCHER said:
    He was just left out.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Was definitely just dropped - He was out doing some running / fitness drills before the game
  • DOUCHER said:
    He was just left out.
    And that is the benefit of having more options. With Arter, Gilbey, Purrington and eventually JFC returning, more players will lose their place in the 18 so we can drop/rest players who are either not good enough or simply out of form
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!