Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Thankfully, it should be an interesting and busy couple of days and we can put this thread to bed once and for all. 
    Amen to that.
  • Chunes said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    In the sun today both Tucker and Dempsey wanted by us let's hope we push the boat out and get them 
    The same Sun that was tha News of the World and hacked peoples phones. And you believe them ? Not to mention  the lies The Sun printed on the Hillsborough tragedy. 
    Poster shares rumour from newspaper in Rumours Thread. Shock.  

Can't wait til the school holidays are over. 
     I must stop telling the truth . Rumours seem prefered
    Never mind the truth. 
    Just stop talking bollox 
    So the The News of the World didn't  fold in shame over hacking a few the Sun on Sunday was a reincarnation 2 weeks later. The Sun didn't blame the Liverpool supporters for Hillsborough.  So that is bollocks 🤔

The comment was about the report in The Sun is a loathesome rag IMHO 

And who asked you anyway ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Sage said:
    Thankfully, it should be an interesting and busy couple of days and we can put this thread to bed once and for all. 
    Mmm nothing like a nice warm wee soaked bed…

• Can I be the first to say NA promised us an exciting weekend for signings, we have nothing so far with only the bolted on Bank Holiday Monday left. Fuming.

;) 

• Sage said:
    It'll be back in January
  • Sage said:
    It'll be back in January
    It will be back on the 2md of September....... 
  • I for one would like to kick off the January transfer rumours early. ANNOUNCE MATT SMITH!
  • I see Tom Eaves might be available. 

Would he be worth a loan as cover for Jayden? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Bit confused that we suddenly have too many midfielders if we sign Arter? He would be a loan, we don’t know how Gibey will be with long COVID, JFC could come back completely off the boil, Clare and Dobson we aren’t sure on, Albie still raw, less said about Ben ‘the fridge freezer, Watson the better. If we can get Lowery or Dempsey we should. One or two injuries and we are stuffed. Same goes for Tucker, we are all waiting for Innis to get injured despite him being a good player, Pearce is a solid back up but is a bit of a calamity, Deji young and not on a pro contract, may not be our player next season, ditto Akin. 

Paper talk but if we get Tucker and Dempsey that’s building for the future, grab a striker and we are good for the season
  • Sage said:
    Nah, we will then start speculating about free agents  ;)
  • Sage said:
    Nah, we will then start speculating about free agents  ;)
    I’ll be the first to bring up Josh Sims if he is still available!
  • Has Ellis Sims signed for anyone yet?
  • Dizzle said:
    Has Ellis Sims signed for anyone yet?
    Simms, of Everton, is out injured for around another month or so, maybe less.

He won’t be moving in this window, it’ll be January now and likely to be at Championship level. 
  • Honestly think all the press about Dempsey & now Tucker is coming from the Gillingham side.

Maybe they thought / were banking on Charlton paying good money for them in this window after we enquired about them earlier in the summer....but now we have signed Arter instead they are a bit screwed.

They are under an embargo & need to pay back the loan they took from the EFL so its not suprising to see them trying to drum up some interest...The problem they have is that everyone knows they need to sell so they're not going to get top dollar for these players.
    I’m sure both Hull & Pompey were linked with Tucker this summer. Pompey offered £200k?

Dempsey had lots of Championship interest last season.

my thoughts exactly though, creating some urgency to get some bids in pay off the tax bill and strengthen up top.

there were also rumours that Evans may quit over not being supported 
  • Sage said:
    Dizzle said:

He won’t be moving in this window, it’ll be January now and likely to be at Championship level. 
    Cheers, I know you raved about him last year and he had a decent loan at Blackpool but hadn’t seen him move elsewhere. Was a bit lazy of me not to google it to be fair
  • Dizzle said:
    Sage said:
    Dizzle said:

Cheers, I know you raved about him last year and he had a decent loan at Blackpool but hadn’t seen him move elsewhere. Was a bit lazy of me not to google it to be fair
    No problem. I like to keep an eye on players I have spotted over watching lots of football. As said last year he was one I really thought would do well for us, just so shocked Gallen hadn’t even heard of him when I mentioned it in the Q&A.

Think a short loan in January to the Championship will be right. He needs to show he can do it at that level now before Everton look at him as a long term competitor to Calvert-Lewin.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a fair point about Pearce but playing style doesn't necessarily transfer to coaching.

George Graham the manager would never have picked George Graham the player, for example.

John Beck is one of the FAs lead coaches of the UEFA coaching badges and I haven't seen a team play like his in over 25 years. 

Charlton v Cambridge at Upton park is still one of the strangest games of football I have witnessed in my life for tactics.

When Cambridge kicked off, they went for touch. Young Dion Dublin was the small man up front at 6ft 2'' and senior George Reilly was 6ft 5" alongside.  John Beck got two Promotions for Cambridge and nearly took them all the way to the newly formed Elitist League called the Premier.

Didn't realized he was teaching Uefa B coaching since 2013. That would have been an interesting Job interview when they asked what is your Philosophy on how the game should be played ?
    I saw us play them at Cambridge. In each corner of the stadium there was a giant X. 
    Every ball was launched like a rocket down the Chanel's towards the X and crosses bombarded our penalty area. Strange way of playing but effective. 
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a fair point about Pearce but playing style doesn't necessarily transfer to coaching.

George Graham the manager would never have picked George Graham the player, for example.

John Beck is one of the FAs lead coaches of the UEFA coaching badges and I haven't seen a team play like his in over 25 years. 

Charlton v Cambridge at Upton park is still one of the strangest games of football I have witnessed in my life for tactics.

When Cambridge kicked off, they went for touch. Young Dion Dublin was the small man up front at 6ft 2'' and senior George Reilly was 6ft 5" alongside.  John Beck got two Promotions for Cambridge and nearly took them all the way to the newly formed Elitist League called the Premier.

Didn't realized he was teaching Uefa B coaching since 2013. That would have been an interesting Job interview when they asked what is your Philosophy on how the game should be played ?
    I saw us play them at Cambridge. In each corner of the stadium there was a giant X. 
    Every ball was launched like a rocket down the Chanel's towards the X and crosses bombarded our penalty area. Strange way of playing but effective. 
    Beck got some great results for a small club BUT he also had some excellent players too. Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge both became very decent Premier League players, so you wonder if they might have achieved as good results playing more normal football. Steve Claridge in his book thought so, I recall.
  • Swisdom said:
    Richard J said:
    I see Tom Eaves might be available. 

No. He’s shit.

almost Churchinho levels of shit
    While I agree he’s shit.  He is still better than Davison who was poor during his spells in league two and national league last year.  We are running out of options at this point
  • TEL said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Beck got some great results for a small club BUT he also had some excellent players too. Dion Dublin and Steve Claridge both became very decent Premier League players, so you wonder if they might have achieved as good results playing more normal football. Steve Claridge in his book thought so, I recall.
    He also had Daish, Philpott, both Kimbles, Phil Chapple and a very young Gary Rowett who went on and had good careers.  It's when they could get better players the problems started as they were less subservient to his methods.  Beck was actually a very classy midfield player himself.  Anyway......

Some very good players who have been mentioned on this thread since they very start have just over 36 hours left to move and the price is only going to go down. 

I think we might have a few leave possibly on the full time whistle tomorrow if we can get them a league club. 
  • Richard J said:
    I see Tom Eaves might be available. 

We don’t need cover for Stockley, we need someone to play with him regularly. 
  • I hope we're still in for one of Dempsey or Lowery, I think Arter is a bit of a gamble. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!