Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Were we to sign Dempsey I wouldn’t care if we’d been insulting to his current club, unsettled the player through mind games. It all seems to be the way transfers are managed and achieved these days and our club is just as likely to be on the receiving end from others.

Dempsey appears to me to be just the right kind of player to be looking for - a long term bet in terms of his age and one definitely on an upwards trajectory in his skill set and experience.

Given where he currently plies his trade we shouldn’t have to worry about any upheavals in his domestic life - he probably wouldn’t even need to move home.

I haven’t checked on his height for the CL test. 

Hopeful SG is able to weave some magic before the window closes and I am genuinely looking forward to thousands more comments on here about every rumour. It doesn’t look as if we’ve assembled a squad to blow the league apart but it’s not all doom and gloom. It’s early on in the season and I think some of those earlier results were down to pants tactics which I’m sure NA is more than capable of learning from.
    If you replace pants tactics with a pants midfield I think your right.

Clare, Dobson and Morgan (as a ten) aren’t good enough, as a 3.   I think that's caused a bit of panic, or change in tactics in the market, that has resulted in getting Lee and Arter.  I don't think we would have gone for Lee if Morgan had performed, as he did in preseason, nor Arter if Dobson had impressed, like he did for AFCW.

Suddenly with two experienced midfeilders coming in and Morgan impressing deeper we have better options, and depth. It now wouldn't surprise me if Dobson went out on loan.  He looks a long way from the first team at this point.  But things change very quickly. 
    Agree other than I don’t see Dobson or anyone other than maybe Schwartz leaving on loan or permanently - we know how quickly injuries can build up and what that can do to your season.

Funny how we always want more signings and depth to cover injuries/suspensions, but we always seem to get to a point where that goes the other way and we start speculating about players leaving as we have too many!
    The thing with Dobson would be that he would be 23 and no where near the first team, assuming Arter signs, we have only got 3 midweek league games before Christmas.

If he was ahead of Watson in the pecking order I wouldn't be suggesting we sent Watson out on loan.  I think there is a player in Dobson but he won't improve by not playing.  And unlike some of the older u23s there would be little value in a loan to a national league team.

It's a tough one.  I would expect our Dempsey to go somewhere on loan, he is even further away from even the squad. 
    It’s not that set it in stone, especially after missing out on the squad for a single game.

The situation around injuries, suspensions, formations, partnerships, opposition, form, training performances etc constantly changes throughout the season, and with that so will our plans.

It’s a simple one for me, he was signed to be part of our first team squad and he needs to here with the chance to prove himself over a decent period of time. It’s far too early to tell him he’s not up to it and loan him out.

With a few more signings someone else will be left out of our next league game. That’s a good thing as it means we’re keeping players fit and have competition for places.

Having more than 20 senior players and not having a huge injury crisis every season should be seen as normal. That means some miss out and it might be a few weeks or even a couple of months before they get a proper chance again.

Agree about our Dempsey going out on loan, very much needed for him, same for those of a similar age in the u23s.
  • Does the window close tomorrow or Thursday?
    Tomorrow, but you can have paperwork in place and ready to go but some might not be finalised until Thursday due to international duty, or if it’s Covid related issues 
  • Does the window close tomorrow or Thursday?
    It slams shut at 11pm tomorrow
    We have so much work to be done by then:

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

• Croydon said:
    Does the window close tomorrow or Thursday?

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

Adkins has pretty much already come out and said we won’t be getting a GK
  • Croydon said:

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

Are you counting another CM on top of Arter? I think we'll just see a defender and Arter join personally. 
  • Croydon said:

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

Are you counting another CM on top of Arter? I think we'll just see a defender and Arter join personally. 
    No, but Arter hasn't been confirmed yet. Can speculate all we want, but until he's announced then we don't know for sure, and have to assume it's a position that needs filling.
  • edited August 2021
    Come on here to check out any rumours but must have got it mixed up with the Dobson & Evans show......

Oh well. 
  • Croydon said:

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

ST is bare minimum, closely followed by LB..but our history of transfer day has been patchy at best..
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Were we to sign Dempsey I wouldn’t care if we’d been insulting to his current club, unsettled the player through mind games. It all seems to be the way transfers are managed and achieved these days and our club is just as likely to be on the receiving end from others.

Dempsey appears to me to be just the right kind of player to be looking for - a long term bet in terms of his age and one definitely on an upwards trajectory in his skill set and experience.

Given where he currently plies his trade we shouldn’t have to worry about any upheavals in his domestic life - he probably wouldn’t even need to move home.

Hopeful SG is able to weave some magic before the window closes and I am genuinely looking forward to thousands more comments on here about every rumour. It doesn’t look as if we’ve assembled a squad to blow the league apart but it’s not all doom and gloom. It’s early on in the season and I think some of those earlier results were down to pants tactics which I’m sure NA is more than capable of learning from.

Clare, Dobson and Morgan (as a ten) aren’t good enough, as a 3.   I think that's caused a bit of panic, or change in tactics in the market, that has resulted in getting Lee and Arter.  I don't think we would have gone for Lee if Morgan had performed, as he did in preseason, nor Arter if Dobson had impressed, like he did for AFCW.

Suddenly with two experienced midfeilders coming in and Morgan impressing deeper we have better options, and depth. It now wouldn't surprise me if Dobson went out on loan.  He looks a long way from the first team at this point.  But things change very quickly. 
    Agree other than I don’t see Dobson or anyone other than maybe Schwartz leaving on loan or permanently - we know how quickly injuries can build up and what that can do to your season.

Funny how we always want more signings and depth to cover injuries/suspensions, but we always seem to get to a point where that goes the other way and we start speculating about players leaving as we have too many!
    The thing with Dobson would be that he would be 23 and no where near the first team, assuming Arter signs, we have only got 3 midweek league games before Christmas.

If he was ahead of Watson in the pecking order I wouldn't be suggesting we sent Watson out on loan.  I think there is a player in Dobson but he won't improve by not playing.  And unlike some of the older u23s there would be little value in a loan to a national league team.

It's a tough one.  I would expect our Dempsey to go somewhere on loan, he is even further away from even the squad. 
    It’s not that set it in stone, especially after missing out on the squad for a single game.

The situation around injuries, suspensions, formations, partnerships, opposition, form, training performances etc constantly changes throughout the season, and with that so will our plans.

It’s a simple one for me, he was signed to be part of our first team squad and he needs to here with the chance to prove himself over a decent period of time. It’s far too early to tell him he’s not up to it and loan him out.

With a few more signings someone else will be left out of our next league game. That’s a good thing as it means we’re keeping players fit and have competition for places.

Having more than 20 senior players and not having a huge injury crisis every season should be seen as normal. That means some miss out and it might be a few weeks or even a couple of months before they get a proper chance again.

Agree about our Dempsey going out on loan, very much needed for him, same for those of a similar age in the u23s.
    Sorry I didn't say/make it clear in my original post I don't think Arter is instead of our interest in two other central midfielders.  It's a reaction to how bad our midfield has been in 3 of our first 4 games.

I still think there is interest in Lowey and/or Dempsey.  That would make Dobson 6th choice for 2 positions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

GK
    LB
    CM
    ST

Bare minimum.

No, but Arter hasn't been confirmed yet. Can speculate all we want, but until he's announced then we don't know for sure, and have to assume it's a position that needs filling.
    Yeah fair enough, agree with that. Certainly seems a done deal though.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry I didn't say/make it clear in my original post I don't think Arter is instead of our interest in two other central midfielders.  It's a reaction to how bad our midfield has been in 3 of our first 4 games.

I still think there is interest in Lowey and/or Dempsey.  That would make Dobson 6th choice for 2 positions. 
    That makes more sense but I doubt we’ll sign Arter and another CM. If Cawley is right Lee coming in has ended our interest in Dempsey. Both are goalscoring midfielders, I don’t see us signing both. We also have Gilbey for that role.

Might be wrong but Lowery is more of a creative midfielder and would be an alternative to Morgan? To me that seems more likely than Dempsey but it may be more sensible to use that budget elsewhere, CBT as our only cover for both Kirk and DJ isn’t ideal.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    If we really want the player, maybe we need a different approach. Instead of offering £100,000, we should offer 22,200 Big Mac meals instead.
    If we really want the player, maybe we need a different approach. Instead of offering £100,000, we should offer 22,200 Big Mac meals instead.
    I can’t wait until Evans comes to the Valley this year , he’s going to get some serious grief.
    I think he thrives on it.
    You are absolutely correct sir,he does.
  • edited August 2021
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That makes more sense but I doubt we’ll sign Arter and another CM. If Cawley is right Lee coming in has ended our interest in Dempsey. Both are goalscoring midfielders, I don’t see us signing both. We also have Gilbey for that role.

Might be wrong but Lowery is more of a creative midfielder and would be an alternative to Morgan? To me that seems more likely than Dempsey but it may be more sensible to use that budget elsewhere, CBT as our only cover for both Kirk and DJ isn’t ideal.
    I think Lowery is more likely and I think I said this a dozen or so pages ago I would seen at as Arter/Watson with Lowey/Morgan and one of Lee/Gilbey.  Clare could do a job as cover for all 3 and that would leave Dobson well out of the frame.  Washington is then cover/rotation for any of the "3" behind Stockley. 
  • Evans sounds like someone that has no concept of needing money to survive. Gills are skint at present and desperate for some cash flow. If he’s correct that our bid was £100k then perhaps that was low and cheeky but maintaining that Dempsey isn’t going anywhere is cloud cuckoo land stuff. If they can’t shift Tucker and Dempsey they will be financially struggling and probably have two quite unhappy players to boot and get stitched up when they do leave anyway. Looks like we haven't followed up any bid in any case. Fuck em. 
    I am still smarting over how little Newcastle got Robert Lee for
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think Lowery is more likely and I think u said this a dozen or so pages ago I would seen at as Arter/Watson with Lowey/Morgan and one of Lee/Gilbey.  Clare could do a job as cover for all 3 and that would leave Dobson well out of the frame.  Washington is then cover/rotation for any of the "3" behind Stockley. 
    I thought Clare looked quite effective when he replaced DJ on the right

It's on the left where we look light. That desperately needed attacking left back not only gives us another left back option, but there is also someone who can cover for Kirk, with Purrington or Gunter behind him.
  • edited August 2021
    Striker and Left back is all I’m expecting on top of Arter. 

Unsure where things are with Arter but someone on Facebook has mentioned they heard there was an issue with his medical, likely bollocks but thought I’d share. 
  • RedRobin said:

Unsure where things are with Arter but someone on Facebook has mentioned they heard there was an issue with his medical, likely bollocks but thought I’d share. 
    This will all around the internet now..
  • I saw that too, probably the same Facebook post.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think Lowery is more likely and I think u said this a dozen or so pages ago I would seen at as Arter/Watson with Lowey/Morgan and one of Lee/Gilbey.  Clare could do a job as cover for all 3 and that would leave Dobson well out of the frame.  Washington is then cover/rotation for any of the "3" behind Stockley. 

It's on the left where we look light. That desperately needed attacking left back not only gives us another left back option, but there is also someone who can cover for Kirk, with Purrington or Gunter behind him.
    I think Clare offers a lot more flexibility than Dobson.  Your right though a Maatsen would make a massive difference to the squad.  It would be like getting 2 bodies in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think I’m right in saying he’s had significant issues with his Achilles in the past? Maybe that’s why?

Typical Charlton to snare a big name, pedigree signing only for a failed medical 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Hal1x said:
    RedRobin said:

Would issues with his bollocks reduce his playing ability then?

Possibly.

POCH AND HIS COJONES coys

• lolwray said:
    Evans sounds like someone that has no concept of needing money to survive. Gills are skint at present and desperate for some cash flow. If he’s correct that our bid was £100k then perhaps that was low and cheeky but maintaining that Dempsey isn’t going anywhere is cloud cuckoo land stuff. If they can’t shift Tucker and Dempsey they will be financially struggling and probably have two quite unhappy players to boot and get stitched up when they do leave anyway. Looks like we haven't followed up any bid in any case. Fuck em. 
    I am still smarting over how little Newcastle got Robert Lee for
    Deffo was a bargain.

But the price paid provided the money that got us Back to The Valley.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yeah, was a decent cameo from Clare. Seeing how well Matthews and DJ worked together on Saturday, it would be fantastic to have a similar duo on the left. 
  • Hal1x said:
    RedRobin said:

Would issues with his bollocks reduce his playing ability then?
    🤣
  • edited August 2021
    I hope we're looking at Tom Bloxham. He's 6'4, 17 years old and playing upfront for Shrewsbury. Scored a stunning overhead kick at the weekend. He's already bullying centre-halves at this level and he's got a good touch as well. 

Could be a great prospect and understudy to Stockley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!