Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:
    what's the betting it is Arter?
    I've got zero info, and I don't normally bother with random social media rumours, but that one earlier that Arter had failed a medical just sounded unusually plausible to me.

Which means in half an hour, he will be announced  :D
  • Rudders22 said:
    Here is some info on Arter....... I didn't know he had a stillborn.  Looks like his partner and him want to move back to London. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-star-harry-arter-15336572

A move of convenience, just like Watson? It won’t work out for us if the hunger and/or his legs have gone.
  • Personally I reckon he’ll be up for it. 31 it won’t be his legs.
    Desire you can never judge but he had no connection to Forest.
    Bournemouth made his career, Fulham he was playing for his brother in law who in his early days, made him stay in football after being released by us.
  • Valley11 said:
    Just relax and enjoy the ride.

I honestly can’t believe people are getting upset because we haven’t signed 12 players in the past 24 hours because Adkins said “watch this space”!
    No one is getting upset! Jesus the wild extremes of CL. You are allowed to comment, that’s rather the point. Adkins said it’ll be an interesting three days. We’re one and a half into that and nothing’s happened. It’s quiet. That’s all anyone has said. No one is ‘wetting the bed’
     Rotten liar . He should  have said it will  be an interesting last day, well a last few hours. 
    If you could go a few hours without making an arse of yourself that really would be interesting. Not holding my breath though.
  • I see that Ipswich have signed their second goalkeeper of the window, after the first one they spent a load of money on flopped and has been discarded already.

How gutted must their fans be.
  • edited August 2021
    I love this thread though it will be thoroughly spoiled if something does happen tomorrow.

Any chance of the bigwigs on here setting up an actual signings thread so we can preserve this one for inane rumour-mongering (which I really do like)?
  • I'm guessing we'll sign Eaves as a back up to Stockley. He did well for the Gills so maybe that would work out for us.
  • I'm guessing we'll sign Eaves as a back up to Stockley. He did well for the Gills so maybe that would work out for us.
    Is Tom Eaves coming in a genuine rumour?
  • TEL said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It's a fair point about Pearce but playing style doesn't necessarily transfer to coaching.

George Graham the manager would never have picked George Graham the player, for example.

John Beck is one of the FAs lead coaches of the UEFA coaching badges and I haven't seen a team play like his in over 25 years. 

Charlton v Cambridge at Upton park is still one of the strangest games of football I have witnessed in my life for tactics.

When Cambridge kicked off, they went for touch. Young Dion Dublin was the small man up front at 6ft 2'' and senior George Reilly was 6ft 5" alongside.  John Beck got two Promotions for Cambridge and nearly took them all the way to the newly formed Elitist League called the Premier.

Didn't realized he was teaching Uefa B coaching since 2013. That would have been an interesting Job interview when they asked what is your Philosophy on how the game should be played ?
    I saw us play them at Cambridge. In each corner of the stadium there was a giant X. 
    Every ball was launched like a rocket down the Chanel's towards the X and crosses bombarded our penalty area. Strange way of playing but effective. 
    Look where they ended up.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we could get Tucker and Dempsey and another striker, It won’t be a bad transfer market after all.! 
    Is Tom Eaves coming in a genuine rumour?
    I thought someone here just said “we could do worse than signing Eaves…”, not sure if it’s actually been rumoured anywhere that we are actually considering it. 
  • Why do people think we are after Tucker?
  • If we could get Tucker and Dempsey and another striker, It won’t be a bad transfer market after all.! 
    Only one more space on registration and that's without Arter. I'm not sure the solution to that - I'd imagine Schwartz would be the first to get the chop, possibly Pearce stepping aside if Tucker came in? If he's a future coach at the club I'm sure he wouldn't mind and would still play every cup game if he wanted to (I think it's seperate registration)? The alternative is to cancel the CBT contract as he seems to be a wasted space but it would be incredibly harsh to ruin his chance at a new club ( though as a free agent he could sign elsewhere ).
  • Vfrf said:
    If we could get Tucker and Dempsey and another striker, It won’t be a bad transfer market after all.! 
    Only one more space on registration and that's without Arter. I'm not sure the solution to that - I'd imagine Schwartz would be the first to get the chop, possibly Pearce stepping aside if Tucker came in? If he's a future coach at the club I'm sure he wouldn't mind and would still play every cup game if he wanted to (I think it's seperate registration)? The alternative is to cancel the CBT contract as he seems to be a wasted space but it would be incredibly harsh to ruin his chance at a new club ( though as a free agent he could sign elsewhere ).
    After the signing of Lee we had 4 places left, including JFC and Schwartz.  Not including our Dempsey.

Re new signings we could technically still loan 2 under 21s and a keeper and it ould still be 4 places left.  Although I seriously doubt we will sign 7 in the next 28 hours. 
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    If we could get Tucker and Dempsey and another striker, It won’t be a bad transfer market after all.! 
    After the signing of Lee we had 4 places left, including JFC and Schwartz.  Not including our Dempsey.

Re new signings we could technically still loan 2 under 21s and a keeper and it ould still be 4 places left.  Although I seriously doubt we will sign 7 in the next 28 hours. 
    EFL Regulations state:
    (b) in respect of League One and Two Clubs:
    (i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
    (ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.
    By my count here: https://www.transfermarkt.com/charlton-athletic/startseite/verein/358 We already have 21 players above the age of 21.
    Edit: I've gone to the site https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final..pdf and Goalkeepers aren't included so that brings us to 20. It's also slightly higher at 22 places which by my count gives us space for 2.
  • Vfrf said:
    No, there is three and that includes JFC who we could potentially leave out anyway. 
  • Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:

EFL Regulations state:
    (i) in Season 2020/21, 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and
    (ii) in Season 2021/22 and each subsequent Season, 20 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.
    By my count here: https://www.transfermarkt.com/charlton-athletic/startseite/verein/358 We already have 21 players above the age of 21.
    Edit: I've gone to the site https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/regulations-season-2021-22-final..pdf and Goalkeepers aren't included so that brings us to 20. It's also slightly higher at 22 places which by my count gives us space for 2.
    Morgan doesn't count, but Davison does despite them being the same age. So that's 3, I can't remember why it was 4 but it's certainly not 1 or 2.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:

EFL Regulations state:
    Morgan doesn't count, but Davison does despite them being the same age. So that's 3, I can't remember why it was 4 but it's certainly not 1 or 2.
    It would be two if we include Dempsey. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Right transfer market lists 22 players, of which Morgan, Barker and MacGillivray don't count.

It doesn't include Dempsey but does include Schwartz and JFC.

So we have a minimum of 2, 3 if you don't include Dempsey.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:

EFL Regulations state:
    I’m sure our Dempsey will be left out if needed.
  • MrBurns said:
    Why do people think we are after Tucker?
    That Sun article and FI stating we're interested in both. I don't believe it but it's why others might.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:

EFL Regulations state:
    I’m sure our Dempsey will be left out if needed.
    I agree, just saying we have a minimum of two spots left for signings. That includes Dempsey and JFC, who could easily be left out. Plus we could easily sign a youngster on loan who doesn't count anyway (U21). We're not going to run out of squad spaces that's for sure, that's not going to be a barrier from signing players tomorrow. 
  • We have 21 players over 21 in our squad. which includes Macgillivray and Morgan (unsure why the latter is being considered as under 21), which means we can only add either 2 or 3 players over 21. Of course this could change if Adkins decides not to include Schwartz or Forster-Caskey in the squad.  As regards Davison he is in the 21 and has already played therefore once again unsure if he can be subsequently omitted.
  • Dempsey hasn't been included in our five league matches so presumably isn't regarded as a squad member.
  • We have 21 players over 21 in our squad. which includes Macgillivray and Morgan (unsure why the latter is being considered as under 21), which means we can only add either 2 or 3 players over 21. Of course this could change if Adkins decides not to include Schwartz or Forster-Caskey in the squad.  As regards Davison he is in the 21 and has already played therefore once again unsure if he can be subsequently omitted.
    Because he wasn't 21 on 1st January 2000. Only Dempsey and Davison count who are 21, Morgan and Ghandour don't count. 
  • Dempsey hasn't been included in our five league matches so presumably isn't regarded as a squad member.
    It's not about who has or hasn't played so far. We will have to submit a 22 man squad tomorrow/wednesday which will take us to January. If Dempsey is in that list, he can play, if he's not, then he can't. 
  • Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Looks like a good player on the  highlights 
    Sorba Thomas.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!