Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Looks like a good player on the  highlights 
    Sorba Thomas.
    Lemon sorbet? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Sorba Thomas.
    Lemon sorbet? 
    Is that a hint we’re signing Osa Guobadia?
  • Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Sorba Thomas.
    I wish we would sign him - he could have gone on the list of disrespected players. C’mon Atkins and Gallon, let’s get him signed up. Hopefully Jack Fucker as well. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Heard Forest want Arter wages totally off the books. 
    Use a rubber then 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not happening, who would pay anywhere near £38k pw?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Haha good luck that with that one. 
  • It's been said by many over and over on this thread....we need a very good LB.
    That's what is needed if we are to stand a chance this season of getting out of this league.
  • Sorry I don't have any rumours on a LB so fingers crossed 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Looks like that are going to be stuck with him then.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not happening, who would pay anywhere near £38k pw?
    Not Forest is my opinion.
  • I don't know why you lot are panicking for. The super duper phone coming out tomorrow. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Right transfer market lists 22 players, of which Morgan, Barker and MacGillivray don't count.

It doesn't include Dempsey but does include Schwartz and JFC.

So we have a minimum of 2, 3 if you don't include Dempsey.
    As it's pointless including JFC before January won't it make 4 if you exclude him and Dempsey?
  • It is a bit concerning that he was there Saturday but hasn’t been announced yet. Knowing the FA they’ve probably been off Sunday and today so we’re still waiting on them to approve the loan! Seen Azeez went through today but was at the Portsmouth training ground on Friday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

We were interested. The moment a Championship club came in we didn’t have a chance.

At the time we had a wage cap and got in Liam Miller who done very well for us in the short time he was here.

A shame we didn’t get him, but we didn’t stand a chance as soon as Huddersfield were serious.

We bid in the first window  but didn't  think he was worth the amount  that Boreham Wood said they wanted. Cawley reported on 16/10/2020 Charlton had made a six figure bid.  Borehamwood  told SG what would secure him. They offered to accept stage payments. 

Huddersfield brought him on 13/01/21.

So it is rubbish to say we didn't stand a chance once a Championship side showed up. 
    How would you know that detail mate?
  • Sage said:

We were interested. The moment a Championship club came in we didn’t have a chance.

At the time we had a wage cap and got in Liam Miller who done very well for us in the short time he was here.

A shame we didn’t get him, but we didn’t stand a chance as soon as Huddersfield were serious.

We bid in the first window  but didn't  think he was worth the amount  that Boreham Wood said they wanted. Cawley reported on 16/10/2020 Charlton had made a six figure bid.  Borehamwood  told SG what would secure him. They offered to accept stage payments. 

So it is rubbish to say we didn't stand a chance once a Championship side showed up. 
    It was widely reported at the time and I think Cawley mentioned it whom is fairly reliable too.
  • It is a bit concerning that he was there Saturday but hasn’t been announced yet. Knowing the FA they’ve probably been off Sunday and today so we’re still waiting on them to approve the loan! Seen Azeez went through today but was at the Portsmouth training ground on Friday. 
    If he's not announced by early afternoon I'd assume that the deal is off......esp if its to do with the medical.
  • Sage said:

It was widely reported at the time and I think Cawley mentioned it whom is fairly reliable too.
    Well it's incorrect 
  • Sage said:

Not really. Us making an offer doesn't mean that the player will accept it, nor does it preclude another club making an offer. So if there was Championship interest, most players are going to pass on a League One move in favour of the increased wages.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just relax and enjoy the ride.

I honestly can’t believe people are getting upset because we haven’t signed 12 players in the past 24 hours because Adkins said “watch this space”!
    Is anyone upset? 

No, we are Charlton fans, and losing players in Windows and being disappointed with the replacement is the norm. 

27 hours to go and que Sera Sera.

I will still check every 10 minutes !
  • wmcf123 said:
    Richard J said:
    I see Tom Eaves might be available. 

Would he be worth a loan as cover for Jayden? 
    We don’t need cover for Stockley, we need someone to play with him regularly. 
    I know we all have different opinions re formation etc but how on earth do we not need cover for Stockley when he is the focal point of all attacks and the current strategy. If he gets injured Davison is not ready to deputise and we would have to change our style of play completely. An injury to him is currently the greatest risk to our progress 
    Agreed, but cover suggests sitting on the bench.  I’d rather sign someone that can play alongside him and then be good enough to play without him. 
  • edited August 2021
    If Forest are paying anyone £38k a week no wonder they are in trouble.
    Multiple media sources this year say the average Championship wage is $35 kpw. Any club hoping for promotion to the EPL probably need to well exceed this amount. Having no players earning even half that amount probably explains why we went down in 2019-20.

• wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Richard J said:
    I see Tom Eaves might be available. 

Would he be worth a loan as cover for Jayden? 
    We don’t need cover for Stockley, we need someone to play with him regularly. 
    I know we all have different opinions re formation etc but how on earth do we not need cover for Stockley when he is the focal point of all attacks and the current strategy. If he gets injured Davison is not ready to deputise and we would have to change our style of play completely. An injury to him is currently the greatest risk to our progress 
    Agreed, but cover suggests sitting on the bench.  I’d rather sign someone that can play alongside him and then be good enough to play without him. 
    The signing of Lee indicates we are still going to be playing 433/4231 for the most part. Plus we have Washington. I agree we need a decent striker but Stockley is going to be the lone striker for most of the season (injury permitting) so realistically we are certainly looking at a back up. 

I've mentioned his name before but I'd be looking at Kane Hemmings from Burton. He's chipped in everywhere he's been. Burton have signed two strikers this summer so I think a deal could be done. 
  • edited August 2021
    No rumours? Last minute.com signings it is then. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!