Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    On Kelman...

• One poster says he's inexperienced not untested - he's scored 6 goals in 42 - all in L2
    • Conor had played at every level for England youth and won, plus he's Chelsea. Not quite the same pedigree with CK
    • Another poster says good back up to Stockley - he's 5ft 9in
    He could be the next big thing or more likely he's the next Paul Smyth

but good research guys!

... lets see what Tommy brings us tomorrow.

All 6 of his goals were in League One. 

😂 ‘Good research guys……’
    I stand corrected!… although your two were actually in the mighty EFL cup so it’s 4 in L1.

But your right fine pedigree! … and he’s a perfect 5ft 9in replacement for Jayden LOL
    Yes, I thought he was a beanpole. But he’s diddy. So back up for Washington, not Stockley. 
  • edited August 2021
    DubaiCAFC said:
    How many through the door today, I am going with 3 and maybe 1 out.. 
    3 in none out from the first team squad.

Dempsey and possibly one other u23 out on loan. 

1 that we couldn't get over the line.

I expect a lot of players, especially from the top two divisions to be paid up and released today as well. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    How many through the door today, I am going with 3 and maybe 1 out.. 
    3 in none out from the first team squad.

Dempsey and possibly one other u23 out on loan. 

1 that we couldn't get over the line.

I expect a lot of players, especially from the top two divisions to be paid up and released today as well. 

This - although less so the Prem. A lot of League 1 and 2 players will also be released.
  • I can't wait until this day is over.
  • Chunes said:
    I can't wait until this day is over.
    I know. I can’t wait until tomorrow to read 237 posts on what free agents we should sign
  • I’m expecting some good experienced signings this deadline day - that appears to be the strategy Adkins stated weeks ago - working on getting some experienced players in to help the younger players 

Arter fits the bill…
    who else ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit worried about a left back on loan - we had Maatsen last year but for some reason Adkins played him up front !?!
  • edited August 2021
    🚨 Random Twitter account rumour alert 🚨 19 year old Leeds striker Sam Greenwood.
  • As much as Greenwood would be a fantastic signing , can't see a 6 follower Twitter account being right unfortunately.
  • Jack Clarke will be staying at Spurs, I think he was mentioned on here as a possibility?
  • edited August 2021
    What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we're trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Due to the game tonight I would expect our signings (if there are any) to be done before 6 pm and not in the final hours scramble.
  • Clearly we have recruited two or three good players but our failure at this stage to secure another striker, left back and back up keeper is shocking.
    If we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the table then this was a minimum.
    We are now somewhat desperate and may be held to fandom by some clubs, players and agents.
    I hope it turns out better than my pessimistic view!
  • What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Due to the game tonight I would expect our signings (if there are any) to be done before 6 pm and not in the final hours scramble.
    Over to JJ  and euell for this evening would be the way to go, would give persona we’ve tried to get the business done all evening, even if it falls flat.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    They’re shouldn’t be any games that happen on the evening of transfer deadline day. Badly thought out by the EFL.
    Papa John’s Trophy?  Likely to be a bigger crowd at the open training session, seriously doubt this disrupts any transfer activity.
  • Sponsored links:

• What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we're trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Wouldn't he just use the phone? I remember watching the Sunderland documentary and on deadline day it was just the chairman and DoF in a room making calls, including to the manager. 
  • Chunes said:
    What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we're trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Wouldn't he just use the phone? I remember watching the Sunderland documentary and on deadline day it was just the chairman and DoF in a room making calls, including to the manager. 
    And that worked out well for them didn't it....

I suppose its better than Southall, Amis, Bowyer and Gallen looking glumly at each other. 
  • Scoham said:
    🚨 Random Twitter account rumour alert 🚨 19 year old Leeds striker Sam Greenwood.
    Highly unlikely 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Highly unlikely 
    Of course, but it’s a rumour. Sort of.
  • Here we go transfer deadline day.

I'm fully stocked for a crazy 29 hours 🤪

All we need now is a Thomas video message on Twitter offering 2 free tickets to the first right guess on player signings... 
    Yeah, or as I like to call it - who can pick an obscure premier league youth team player out of a hat. 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    They’re shouldn’t be any games that happen on the evening of transfer deadline day. Badly thought out by the EFL.
    Papa John’s Trophy?  Likely to be a bigger crowd at the open training session, seriously doubt this disrupts any transfer activity.
    Nobody cares about this game except the young players likely to be involved. I won’t even be following the score.
    Does seem strange that all these Premier league U21 teams are playing tonight though.  Then you remember who organised this total shower in the first place. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!