Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    If Forest are paying anyone £38k a week no wonder they are in trouble.
    Multiple media sources this year say the average Championship wage is $35 kpw. Any club hoping for promotion to the EPL probably need to well exceed this amount. Having no players earning even half that amount probably explains why we went down in 2019-20.

we know @NapaAddick already that "math" (sic) is really not your strong point but is that mean or median average?

Let's assume it's mean in which case one player on 75K and one on 1k gives us that average of 38k (approx) that you quote.

as @Chris_from_Sidcup explained parachute money and players on pre-existing EPL deals greatly distorts the average.  the median average may well be a lot lower.

£38k pw is not sustainable for a team like Forest near the bottom of the league with no parachute money yet they are rumoured to be paying that to a player in his late 20s (when he signed)
  • Options
    Long shift coming up so I won’t be able to check in until about half seven tonight but by the time I do I expect to get the news of three or four quality signings. Hoping I’m not let down.
    Even if no signings, you’ll have several hundred pointless posts on this thread to read. 
  • Options
    I’ve got so used to disappointment on these days, that when someone posts, ‘Two in’ I find myself shaking my head and thinking, ‘no chance’. 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    They’re shouldn’t be any games that happen on the evening of transfer deadline day. Badly thought out by the EFL.
    Papa John’s Trophy?  Likely to be a bigger crowd at the open training session, seriously doubt this disrupts any transfer activity.
    What the size of crowd got to do with anything? Clubs only have one manager and they’re needed to agree on signings while also being a dug out, it could be a bit messy. Obviously an assistant manager could run the team tonight, but it’s not ideal. 
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    2 in today. One Midfielder and one Forward
    No left back?
    Hope not
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    chev said:

It's Nixon - so what's the opposite of that? We're buying somebody from Wycombe?
    No for once he's pronanly written a genuine tweet albeit accidentally

Wycombe want him, so he's pretending that we want him to help bump up the fee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Heard Forest want Arter wages totally off the books. 
    Do you think Cawley was getting ahead of himself by reporting the deal was ‘agreed’?
    no, because agreed isn't the same as done.

To be fair to Cawley the word agreed was in quote marks. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rumour on another forum that we're interested in taking QPRs Charlie Kelman on loan.

They signed him from Southend last year, he's a 19 year old striker and had scored a few goals in Southend's first team. Had been suggested as a possible signing on here before he went to QPR.

American u20 international. QPR signed him to initially play for their u23s so no surprise he's not yet broken into their first team.
    QPR signing Andre Gray on loan today so that could free him up.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    Clearly we have recruited two or three good players but our failure at this stage to secure another striker, left back and back up keeper is shocking.
    If we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the table then this was a minimum.
    We are now somewhat desperate and may be held to fandom by some clubs, players and agents.
    I hope it turns out better than my pessimistic view!
    Striker and left back yes, backup GK not really an issue - you can still bring them in on emergency loans and there will be free agents out there.
    I’m aware of the emergency loan situation, I just feel we should be proactive and not wait until it happens. If Mac gets injured early on in a game then we potentially lose a game because we haven’t got experienced back up.
    Why wait? You’re then slightly desperate and surely you’d want to integrate any player asap?
    It seems shortsighted and neglectful to me.
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    Clearly we have recruited two or three good players but our failure at this stage to secure another striker, left back and back up keeper is shocking.
    If we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the table then this was a minimum.
    We are now somewhat desperate and may be held to fandom by some clubs, players and agents.
    Striker and left back yes, backup GK not really an issue - you can still bring them in on emergency loans and there will be free agents out there.
    I’m aware of the emergency loan situation, I just feel we should be proactive and not wait until it happens. If Mac gets injured early on in a game then we potentially lose a game because we haven’t got experienced back up.
    Why wait? You’re then slightly desperate and surely you’d want to integrate any player asap?
    How many minutes, in the league, has our second choice keeper played over the last 5 years? 
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    I don’t disagree with being proactive, more that it doesn’t have to be resolved today. Would make more sense to put our focus fully on outfield positions where it’s a lot more urgent.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Phil said:
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    How many minutes, in the league, has our second choice keeper played over the last 5 years? 
    Now you've done it..
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Rumour on another forum that we're interested in taking QPRs Charlie Kelman on loan.

They signed him from Southend last year, he's a 19 year old striker and had scored a few goals in Southend's first team. Had been suggested as a possible signing on here before he went to QPR.

American u20 international. QPR signed him to initially play for their u23s so no surprise he's not yet broken into their first team.
    QPR signing Andre Gray on loan today so that could free him up.
    I know it's taboo to write a player off before they've kicked a ball or even signed, but if the pool we're fishing in is that of a striker who has 0 goals in 14 senior appearences since the end of the 2019/2020 season, we have fallen quite far and clearly have very little desire to climb the leagues.
    If Kelman is a serious option I'd rather give Davison or Burstow the opportunity.
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    There's positions that need strengthening far more urgently than GK, as well as the issue of budgeting. 

Plus until/unless McG does pick up an injury any keeper will know they're second choice and on the bench. It will be hard to find a quality keeper to come in knowing they won't play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we don’t sign a left back today questions will be asked of Jed Roddy considering his son is the only other player in that position. 
    He's not even been on the bench as a back up to Gunter. He's an under 23 player.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    If we don’t sign a left back today questions will be asked of Jed Roddy considering his son is the only other player in that position. 
    He's not even been on the bench as a back up to Gunter. He's an under 23 player.
    Yes he has - Was on the bench against Oxford
  • Options
    Hopefully it's way more of a Deadline Day than a Tuesday. Ideally I'd like 3 in but not sure how realistic that is
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    LB is the major one for me. Please not Purrington as our number one option, really don't rate him..
    Move on.  He's now in charge at Birmingham. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Mmmh suddenly the realisation of leaving our transfer policy to the final day does not feel great.
    Too be fair the club haven't left it all to the final day as we've signed a number of players already

And to be fair we can judge the window more fully when it's closed.

1 thing I don't need to do is to wait until 11.01 to judge how the summer rebuild has gone.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    LB is the major one for me. Please not Purrington as our number one option, really don't rate him..
    agree a quality LB today changes our whole team shape
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    If the Arter deal is off I'd say 2 in, both loans, Forward and a leftback. 

The improved performance in both Morgan and Watson might see us leave off the CM until Jan and see if we can get a perm in on a better deal (Lowery) etc.
    A midfield of Watson and Morgan would be a disaster against any other than relegation bound teams like Crewe.
    You mean like relegation bound Hull and Lincoln last season? 
  • Options
    The SLP now repeating Nixon's tweet. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!