Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Anyone else think it strange that there has been no announcement today on anyone
    Not really. Always had a feeling they’ll take it to the wire. 
  • RedRobin said:
    No rumours? Last minute.com signings it is then. 
    There are a few rumours….

dempsey
    tucker
    arter
    Lowery 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Sad times when we are taking an untried QPR U23 player. 

Feels like we’ve just reached the desperation stage of the window as many predicted.
    The last time we did Alan Mcdonald didn't turn out too badly. 
  • edited August 2021
    Maccn05 said:

Feels like we’ve just reached the desperation stage of the window as many predicted.
    Untried? He’s made 50 appearances for Southend and QPR. You could call him inexperienced, but most players brought in on loan from higher clubs are. Connor Gallagher anyone?
  • Any LB rumours? 
    Only position I'm still worried about 
  • RedRobin said:
    No rumours? Last minute.com signings it is then. 
    There are a few rumours….

dempsey
    tucker
    arter
    Not a chance with Dempsey or Tucker. 
  • Kelman would be decent. Good backup to Stockley. Send Josh D out on loan then. 
  • edited August 2021
    Any LB rumours? 
    Only position I'm still worried about 
    The next 25 hours could be crucial  ;)
  • Maccn05 said:

If it happens, there might not be any truth in it.
  • Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

If it happens, there might not be any truth in it.
    Don't let that get in the way of a bit of doom and gloom. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
  • West Ham may be signing Tagliafico tomorrow, which means Manny Longelo isn't going to get a game there this season. Just the type of attacking left-back we should be in for, can play further forward too. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:
    Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Looks like a good player on the  highlights 
    We were interested. The moment a Championship club came in we didn’t have a chance.

At the time we had a wage cap and got in Liam Miller who done very well for us in the short time he was here.

A shame we didn’t get him, but we didn’t stand a chance as soon as Huddersfield were serious.

Sorbate Thomas, remember him ? Boreham Wood. They wanted 2k or so. What ever it was we offered less. Eventually Huddersfield paid that in January.  This season 4 assists and a goal in 5 Championship games this season. 

Looks like a good player on the  highlights 
     We bid in the first window  but didn't  think he was worth the amount  that Boreham Wood said they wanted. Cawley reported on 16/10/2020 Charlton had made a six figure bid.  Borehamwood  told SG what would secure him. They offered to accept stage payments. 

Huddersfield brought him on 13/01/21.

So it is rubbish to say we didn't stand a chance once a Championship side showed up. 
    How would you know that detail mate?
     Are you doubting it ? Firstly I remember  we bid . Must have been 200k though I wrote 2k. Cawley reported it. Obviously. 
    I remember Huddersfield got him in the January window.
    Then I got the dates on the Internet easy. I checked the facts. 

It is what I have said all window.  We often don't  bid enough.  I can understand it if the players asks for wages we don't want to pay but a 100k or 200k on a fee seems selling yourself short.

Also saw a goal Eisa scored on Saturday. Nifty foot work. I thought people on here said he was slow and useless.  He didn't see. Any of that.

I don't think anyone said he was slow, or useless.  Lots of people, including me, said he wasn't worth the money especially considering the way we play and isn't as good as some people make out.  He also has had one good spell in the last 3 years.

But you feel free to accuse people of being disingenuous and continue to spout your own bollocks. 
    My, my, you again.  Did I mention  you when I said some said him slow . You by your 1 good season in 3 indicate a degree of a lack of usefulness.  So mot bollocks.
    I didn't  accuse anyone.  All I said was some people.  You have proved me correct  with one season in 3 with success. 
    I have no idea if he would fit.  A lot of lifers say we need another goal scorer. I saw nifty foot work and good movement.  That us all I said. I just knew someone would bit and say it was bollocks . How can what I reported as seeing as bollocks? 
    As for disingenuous,  it was my phrase not yours so how the hell is that being disingenuous?
    It’s only football fellas. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    On Kelman...

• One poster says he's inexperienced not untested - he's scored 6 goals in 42 - all in L2
    • Conor had played at every level for England youth and won, plus he's Chelsea. Not quite the same pedigree with CK
    • Another poster says good back up to Stockley - he's 5ft 9in
    He could be the next big thing or more likely he's the next Paul Smyth

but good research guys!

... lets see what Tommy brings us tomorrow.

All 6 of his goals were in League One. 

• Maccn05 said:
    On Kelman...

• One poster says he's inexperienced not untested - he's scored 6 goals in 42 - all in L2
    • Conor had played at every level for England youth and won, plus he's Chelsea. Not quite the same pedigree with CK
    • Another poster says good back up to Stockley - he's 5ft 9in
    He could be the next big thing or more likely he's the next Paul Smyth

but good research guys!

... lets see what Tommy brings us tomorrow.

All 6 of his goals were in League One. 

😂 ‘Good research guys……’
    I stand corrected!… although your two were actually in the mighty EFL cup so it’s 4 in L1.

But your right fine pedigree! … and he’s a perfect 5ft 9in replacement for Jayden LOL
  • I so dislike this waiting until last day of the transfer window.
    Then again I was never any good at poker.

Thank god I've got my plastic bedsheet.

Hopefully we'll get 
    LB, 
    CM
    Striker
    I doubt we'll get RCB or GK.

On sky news I see most of our competitors have signed loan players today.
    Depends on who you call our "competitors". Currently they include Crewe, Donny & Fleetwood. We could be back in the bottom 4 come next Saturday evening. 
  • If Forest are paying anyone £38k a week no wonder they are in trouble.
    Multiple media sources this year say the average Championship wage is $35 kpw. Any club hoping for promotion to the EPL probably need to well exceed this amount. Having no players earning even half that amount probably explains why we went down in 2019-20.

The Championship figures get distorted by PL clubs with big wage bills who are relegated but obviously have parachute payments, which are slowly killing the competitiveness of the division. Yes you get the odd Brentford and Sheff Utd, but overall it's becoming the same old yo-yo clubs (Norwich the prime example). Look at the top 2 already this season, West brom and Fulham, and i wouldn't mind betting those 2 are still there in May.

Mitrovic i believe is the player on 75k a week. 
  • Long shift coming up so I won’t be able to check in until about half seven tonight but by the time I do I expect to get the news of three or four quality signings. Hoping I’m not let down.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!