Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Mmmh suddenly the realisation of leaving our transfer policy to the final day does not feel great.
  • Options
    Harry Chapman anyone? 
  • Options
    3 in - 2 out (loans)
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Harry Chapman anyone? 
    Was one I would have been looking at.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Harry Chapman anyone? 
    Another right footed winger. 

We need another wide man to allow Clayden to potentially go on loan but I was hoping for a left footer. 
  • Options
    Enema anyone?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we're trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Due to the game tonight I would expect our signings (if there are any) to be done before 6 pm and not in the final hours scramble.
    Wouldn't he just use the phone? I remember watching the Sunderland documentary and on deadline day it was just the chairman and DoF in a room making calls, including to the manager. 
    And that worked out well for them didn't it....

I suppose its better than Southall, Amis, Bowyer and Gallen looking glumly at each other. 
    I remember the manager telling the chairman not to pay 3 million for Will Grigg because he wasn't worth it. And the chairman did it anyway: "What if he scores a hat-trick in the play-off final!"

Not sure the phone was the problem in that situation.
  • Options
    Enema anyone?
    This thread is painful enough without needing one of those.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    What slightly worries me is, if NA is in charge of the side tonight in the mickey mouse cup, and we're trying to make some late signings due to maybe our other targets getting snapped up elsewhere during the day (or failing medicals, unable to agree personal terms) how's he going to agree, as part of the 4 man recruitment team who comes in, or even has a conversation with the player?
    Due to the game tonight I would expect our signings (if there are any) to be done before 6 pm and not in the final hours scramble.
    Wouldn't he just use the phone? I remember watching the Sunderland documentary and on deadline day it was just the chairman and DoF in a room making calls, including to the manager. 
    And that worked out well for them didn't it....

I suppose its better than Southall, Amis, Bowyer and Gallen looking glumly at each other. 
    I remember the manager telling the chairman not to pay 3 million for Will Grigg because he wasn't worth it. And the chairman did it anyway: "What if he scores a hat-trick in the play-off final!"

Not sure the phone was the problem in that situation.
    I feel the blame lies firmly with the phone.  Looks like Mr Grigg is off to replace old Omar at Donny today.

Edit:  Helder Costa has been made available for loan this morning, obviously he isn't coming here but could have a trickle down effect. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Probably wasn't a supa dupa deal phone. Probably just a normal one like a Nokia.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Enema anyone?
    Does he play in the hole?
    Be a bit of a stab in the dark! 😳
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Chunes said:
    Probably wasn't a supa dupa deal phone. Probably just a normal one like a Nokia.
    2 bakes bean cans and a piece of string 
  • Options
    2 in, neither a left back
  • Options
    Here’s a rumour, Ronnie out on loan…
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Heard Forest want Arter wages totally off the books. 
    Do you think Cawley was getting ahead of himself by reporting the deal was ‘agreed’?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Do you think Cawley was getting ahead of himself by reporting the deal was ‘agreed’?
    Cawley was only reporting what another journo printed to be fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Arter deal is off I'd say 2 in, both loans, Forward and a leftback. 

The improved performance in both Morgan and Watson might see us leave off the CM until Jan and see if we can get a perm in on a better deal (Lowery) etc.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    On Kelman...

• One poster says he's inexperienced not untested - he's scored 6 goals in 42 - all in L2
    • Conor had played at every level for England youth and won, plus he's Chelsea. Not quite the same pedigree with CK
    • Another poster says good back up to Stockley - he's 5ft 9in
    He could be the next big thing or more likely he's the next Paul Smyth

but good research guys!

... lets see what Tommy brings us tomorrow.

All 6 of his goals were in League One. 

😂 ‘Good research guys……’
    I stand corrected!… although your two were actually in the mighty EFL cup so it’s 4 in L1.

But your right fine pedigree! … and he’s a perfect 5ft 9in replacement for Jayden LOL
    I never mentioned Stockley?!! My post about Kelman was opinion based on his stats and the loans of players with even less senior football experience.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Enema anyone?
    Does he play in the hole?
    I once went to a game specifically to watch him...but it was a washout. ...where's me coat?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    no, because agreed isn't the same as done.

• Options
    2 in today. One Midfielder and one Forward
  • Options
    MrBurns said:
    2 in today. One Midfielder and one Forward
    I’d say “excellent” if you added a left back to that.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Be strange not having this thread running, and the various "rumours" being spun around .. life won't be the same....still there is always the "Out of contract, and who's free and available" from tomorrow to look forward to eh... B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!