Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Sorry to go off on a transfer related tangent. 
    SO DOES THIS MEAN A NEW STRIKER IS IMMINENT…

We don’t want to be lighter in that area now 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Leuth said:
    Purrington isn't the worst but he's also nowhere near as solid as is claimed. Evidence for the prosecution: Blackpool away when he got sent off and Maatsen dealt with Hamilton effortlessly, and worse still the Gillingham defeat when he basically let them shoot for their winner and Bowyer said a certain player would never play for him again (a typically embattled dick move on his part admittedly)
    I always presumed that was Oshilaja - Neither played for Bowyer again (Although it was only two games)

But Purrington did come back into the team, Oshilaja on the other hand never played again
    Okay, I've checked now. It was after the Blackpool game a couple of weeks later that Bowyer said this. Oshilaja was confined to the bench. Purrington was dropped from the entire squad

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91607/statbank-charlton-0-1-peterborough#latest

TBF, as can be seen, he came back in under Adkins and did quite well, although Maatsen had the position back by the end of the season
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

He is 21 and has had one appearance in a senior game for Charlton, in the EFL cup.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I really don't think this thread is the place for pulling people up on things being repeated ! 
    What are your thoughts on Purrington though? 
     :s:s:s:s ...change the bloody record someone B)  
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Purrington isn't good enough. 
    Is this the same Ben Purrington who only missed one match and played 90 minutes pretty much every other game last time we got promoted from league one? 
    Only got signed January 2019 though... But that was when we went on the stonking run
    Purrington was a game changer. After losing Grant we had to become better defensively to go up, Purrington ensured we were able to do that. 
    You can't honestly call Purrington a game changer 
    Someone missed Wembley...
    One swallow doesn't make a summer 
    That was very much tongue in cheek. I've given my reasons in a different post, if you disagree that's cool. Like I said, I don't disagree we need something else today but absolutely stand by the impact he had 2 and a half years ago. 
  • Options
    The only two times I've ever seen Purrington truly blossom on a football pitch were when he played at being Beckenbauer for 20 minutes against Sunderland (an experiment Bowyer should have repeated) and when he and Maatsen both played the last 20 minutes against AFC Wimbledon and he kept getting in the box
  • Options
    Josh Parker has been released..... #Joshcomeshome
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Doubt it has any impact at all to be honest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Purrington isn't good enough. 
    Is this the same Ben Purrington who only missed one match and played 90 minutes pretty much every other game last time we got promoted from league one? 
    Only got signed January 2019 though... But that was when we went on the stonking run
    Purrington was a game changer. After losing Grant we had to become better defensively to go up, Purrington ensured we were able to do that. 
    You can't honestly call Purrington a game changer 
    Someone missed Wembley...
    One swallow doesn't make a summer 
    That was very much tongue in cheek. I've given my reasons in a different post, if you disagree that's cool. Like I said, I don't disagree we need something else today but absolutely stand by the impact he had 2 and a half years ago. 
    Whose tongue?  Whose cheek?
  • Options
    Not scored a league goal since he left Gillingham in January 2019, for any of the 3 clubs he's had since then. He's nothing if not consistent
    So apart from that?? 
  • Options
    Not scored a league goal since he left Gillingham in January 2019, for any of the 3 clubs he's had since then. He's nothing if not consistent
    Imagine being a striker that hasn’t scored for 32 months!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Somebody claiming to be itk on the Charlton Facebook page has said the Arter delay is down to issues with his medical.
  • Options
    The criticism of Purrington is unfair as the average marks for the season given on this site put him higher than: Gunter, Oshilaja, Pearce, Gilbey, Washington, Matthews, Morgan, Maatsen, Watson, I have left out some of the lower marked players but really why give him so much stick and not the others
    We've moved on from Purrington..now discussing the finer points of Josh Parker B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As someone put about 3 pages back…purrington chat go on a different thread. 

Sheffield Wednesday fans seem confidant they’re signing berahino 
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:
    Someone on Facebook just messaged me ‘you ok hun’
    Looks like you’re in there then!
  • Options
    At least two then, or one with back up options if it falls through…

• Options
    So apart from that?? 
    Apart from that he gained promotion via the play offs twice (us and Wycombe)

Imagine being a striker with two play off winners medals and not scoring a goal at all either season.

All the DNA of a Charlton striker, bring him home.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I really don't think this thread is the place for pulling people up on things being repeated ! 
    What are your thoughts on Purrington though? 
    Forget that, when are we signing a back up keeper ???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!