Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    How many loan slots have we got left?
    We could use more, if we can't get a deal over the line, and convert it to a perm later.  We haven't got a proper game for 10 days now. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    thenewbie said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why have we left everything till the last minute? What good can come from that (well I guess the answer to that will be revealed come 11pm).
    You mean apart from the 8 players we signed before today? 
    8 players aren't enough, evident by the first 6 games, if you've been watching. 
    Signing players who aren't good enough is a different matter but we haven't left EVERYTHING to the last minute, have we. 
    We've left our recruitment to be finished at the last minute, not sure why you have to argue every single thing. We are short on players and have got just hours left, not up for opinion or debate, it's fact. 
    I never said we weren't short, I don't think anyone has said we are.  We also haven't left everything until the last minute, which is what I said, before you jumped in, again. 
    Did I say we've left everything until the last minute? Making stuff up, again. 
    The original comment “ Why have we left everything till the last minute? ” 
    Wasn't my question. I'm not going to get into nit picking with you all anyway, it's childish. 
    Because a post of "tick tock" with nothing to add is the absolute height of maturity, oh yes.
    Mature comment. 
    Not me calling other people childish so neener neener to you Mr Poopypants
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    There’s bottom of the barrel, and then there’s David Nugent
  • Options
    Have we started a walking football team? Him and Watson would be great in that side.

Otherwise no.
  • Options
    let's hope your source is wrong, wrong, and WRONG >:)
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    The midfield is sorted, Arter,  Lee and Dobson if its 433 with Morgan,Watson and Clare as backup. But we still need another defender and a striker.
    Dobson should comfortably be 6th choice if august is anything to go by. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I do think we should be looking at another good quality striker. If Stockley is injured or is out of form then we will struggle as a team. We need players pushing for places, not just ‘back up’. Therefore a big fat No for me on Nugent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    David Nugent!? 36 and only scored 2 at Tranmere in League 2 last season. 
    That can’t be true. 
  • Options
    A few years ago yes please, not now though. Would be very underwhelmed with this.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Nugent was a very effective player and scored a few in his prime.

His prime might now be somewhat behind him now.

36 now.
  • Options
    Brandon mason left back released by Coventry London lad from Watford academy and very quick
    let go due to maatsen joining
    cheap decent back up
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    David "newge" Nugent anyone?

Rumour on Twitter - not someone im particularly keen on.
    Isn’t he about 100 now?
    at his prime he was slower than Basey towing a caravan I dread to think what he’s like now
    No, that's Emily Nugent.

We don't need to sign free agents today anyway. We can get those at any time.

• Options
    Jesus that is scraping the barrel! Surely Jephcott would be a better option, Nugent just shouts cheap desperation. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    The midfield is sorted, Arter,  Lee and Dobson if its 433 with Morgan,Watson and Clare as backup. But we still need another defender and a striker.
    Dobson should comfortably be 6th choice if august is anything to go by. 
    Agreed. I'd probably be looking at Gilbey, Arter and Lee as the starting three but you need strength regardless which we now have. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    That can’t be true. 
    Yeah no chance, I’d need CBT if we end up signing a player released by Tranmere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Valley11 said:
    That can’t be true. 
    Yeah no chance, I’d need CBT if we end up signing a player released by Tranmere.
    The barefaced pattertheft
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Nugent was a very effective player and scored a few in his prime.

His prime might now be somewhat behind him now.
    Sending Wigan and Ipswich off on a false trail. 😉
    I like your thinking ((:>)
  • Options
    shame Lookman to Leicester is a loan as, as @UEAAddick pointed out,  we might have got a slice of the fee.  #moneyball
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    shame Lookman to Leicester is a loan as, as @UEAAddick pointed out,  we might have got a slice of the fee.  #moneyball
    Is that a supposed sell on on a sell on?

Any money we would’ve got would’ve come in when he moved from Everton to Leipzig.
  • Options

Any money we would’ve got would’ve come in when he moved from Everton to Leipzig.

If we got 25% of the profit and Everton had a similar clause would we get 25% of their 25%? 
  • Options

Yeah how does that work if its a second transfer?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:
    Here's the issue with this transfer strategy trying to pick up bargains late in the window......now we are scrambling in the bargain basement 
    Only if you believe a random Twitter rumour.
    That’s how a lot of them start 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!