Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why have we left everything till the last minute? What good can come from that (well I guess the answer to that will be revealed come 11pm).
    You mean apart from the 8 players we signed before today? 
    8 players aren't enough, evident by the first 6 games, if you've been watching. 
    Signing players who aren't good enough is a different matter but we haven't left EVERYTHING to the last minute, have we. 
    We've left our recruitment to be finished at the last minute, not sure why you have to argue every single thing. We are short on players and have got just hours left, not up for opinion or debate, it's fact. 
    For what it’s worth, we have been getting told the club was going to do some last minute stuff, multiple times, did nobody believe it?
    Doesn't that make it worse? That they've willingly made this decision to be so short with such little time remaining? 
    Absolutely, definitely a bit bum twitchy. I’m not saying it’s how I’d like it, just saying it’s what they have said all along so don’t think there should be any surprise that’s where we are with it all.
  • Options
    IF we were in for Grigg and we arent now of course then does that mean another preferred target is available?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why have we left everything till the last minute? What good can come from that (well I guess the answer to that will be revealed come 11pm).
    Signing players who aren't good enough is a different matter but we haven't left EVERYTHING to the last minute, have we. 
    We've left our recruitment to be finished at the last minute, not sure why you have to argue every single thing. We are short on players and have got just hours left, not up for opinion or debate, it's fact. 
    I never said we weren't short, I don't think anyone has said we are.  We also haven't left everything until the last minute, which is what I said, before you jumped in, again. 
    Did I say we've left everything until the last minute? Making stuff up, again. 
    The original comment “ Why have we left everything till the last minute? ” 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I never said we weren't short, I don't think anyone has said we are.  We also haven't left everything until the last minute, which is what I said, before you jumped in, again. 
    Wasn't my question. I'm not going to get into nit picking with you all anyway, it's childish. 
  • Options
    IF we were in for Grigg and we arent now of course then does that mean another preferred target is available?
    Hope it’s not we’ve missed out and then gone for grigg!😬
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    For what it’s worth, we have been getting told the club was going to do some last minute stuff, multiple times, did nobody believe it?
    Doesn't that make it worse? That they've willingly made this decision to be so short with such little time remaining? 
    Some of the better deals happen last minute. One or two surprises may spring up aswell. 
  • Options
    If it’s a choice between getting all business done in July but the players are crap and waiting till last day and the players are good I’ll take the latter.  

They surprised us all here with Arter, we’d be mortified if Ipswich or Wigan got him, so let’s see what else this evening brings eh who knows we might end up with a very competitive side.
  • Options
    Looks like we have put a number of bids out there at the value we attributed to each player and waited for the clubs to run out of options. 

Either that or we are the name everyone is slipping into the conversation to get other clubs to bid up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we put bids in for players a while ago and we were told that clubs would wait and see if they could get a higher offer. I expect that’s pretty common practice and may have happened with the Kerr bid. Very few of us know what goes on behind the scenes but I’m not surprised that we are at this stage. It happens in all leagues.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn't my question. I'm not going to get into nit picking with you all anyway, it's childish. 
    Because a post of "tick tock" with nothing to add is the absolute height of maturity, oh yes.
    Mature comment. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    But it was the post cafc4ever replied to before you joined in. 
  • Options
    a t m we are top heavy with midfielders and wingers .. a striker and defender or two would be very welcome
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No, I wish you would actually read. 

Someone said why have we left everything to the last minute. I replied apart from the 8 players we have already signed.  You said 8 isn't enough.  I said I didn't say it was but that's not leaving everything to the last minute.

But you can't resist jumping in with your size 11s to make the same point over and over that no one is arguing with.  Then finding some comment that's not really related to your gripe to re enforce it again. 
  • Options
    Andy Carroll anyone? Give him a pay as you play contract
  • Options
    How many loan slots have we got left?
  • Options
    That’s Matt Smith - the only one we haven’t signed.
    There's always the Millwall one.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Someone said why have we left everything to the last minute. I replied apart from the 8 players we have already signed.  You said 8 isn't enough.  I said I didn't say it was but that's not leaving everything to the last minute.

But you can't resist jumping in with your size 11s to make the same point over and over that no one is arguing with.  Then finding some comment that's not really related to your gripe to re enforce it again. 
    lol
  • Options
    Andy Carroll anyone? Give him a pay as you play contract
    no thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

lol
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    What’s interesting is that Kerr was apparently on his way to sign for us, without any real discussion on here. If that’s true it shows that they can get done under the radar. 
    I thought he'd be a good signing this summer but with St Johnstone in Europe didn't think they'd sell any of their best players. If we were in the Championship it would be worth a large bid for Ali McCann IMO.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if we were half expecting Wigan to guzump us on the Kerr deal and accordingly we have a plan B
    We would hope🤞
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    The midfield is sorted, Arter,  Lee and Dobson if its 433 with Morgan,Watson and Clare as backup. But we still need another defender and a striker.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    David "newge" Nugent anyone?

Rumour on Twitter - not someone im particularly keen on.
  • Options
    We can only field two more in a matchday squad on top of Famewo, Arter and Lee but technically could sign more. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!