Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I’m keeping faith, surely after comments from NA the other day, they’re not going to piss on all our chips with shit or no signings!!😬🤞
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:
    Here's the issue with this transfer strategy trying to pick up bargains late in the window......now we are scrambling in the bargain basement 
    Only if you believe a random Twitter rumour.
    That’s how a lot of them start 
    A lot of them also go nowhere.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    shame Lookman to Leicester is a loan as, as @UEAAddick pointed out,  we might have got a slice of the fee.  #moneyball
    Is that a supposed sell on on a sell on?

Any money we would’ve got would’ve come in when he moved from Everton to Leipzig.
    Yeah how does that work if its a second transfer?
    we get a slice of whatever Everton get, I believe.  It might not be the case but, for example, we were still getting money for Parker about four moves on.
  • Options
    Isn't CharltonSoul Colin aka Bexley Boy aka Ronnie Moore???
  • Options
    Technical difficulties holding up the other 2 signings - Trying to put new toner in the fax machine 📠 
  • Options
    Be happy with just one more, a cover at CB/LB 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    shame Lookman to Leicester is a loan as, as @UEAAddick pointed out,  we might have got a slice of the fee.  #moneyball
    Is that a supposed sell on on a sell on?

Any money we would’ve got would’ve come in when he moved from Everton to Leipzig.
    Yeah how does that work if its a second transfer?
    we get a slice of whatever Everton get, I believe.  It might not be the case but, for example, we were still getting money for Parker about four moves on.
    I believe that's very uncommon now, usually just the first transfer. Given who sold Lookman, I highly doubt we had the intelligence to put a clause in to keep benefitting. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    ct_addick said:
    Here's the issue with this transfer strategy trying to pick up bargains late in the window......now we are scrambling in the bargain basement 
    Can only presume you’ve said that after reading rumours on Twitter rather than anything factual. Our one signing so far today isn’t a bargain basement signing in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England international and goal scorer David Nugent 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Can only presume you’ve said that after reading rumours on Twitter rather than anything factual. Our one signing so far today isn’t a bargain basement signing in my opinion.
    Not Arter.....but let's see how the rest of the day pans out
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I’m keeping faith, surely after comments from NA the other day, they’re not going to piss on all our chips with shit or no signings!!😬🤞
    You need to go & see your GP asap if you are pissing shit.....
  • Options
    It's okay we've been waiting for the best to be available all window, glad we finally got it done! 

Charlton sign ex-Newcastle and Blackburn striker Leon Best on short-term  deal  News Shopper
  • Options
    probably not popular but I'd take Nugent on a free as back up for Stockley
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    You need to go & see your GP asap if you are pissing shit.....
    Made me chuckle that!!! I probably need to see a doctor for loads of stuff!!😂
  • Options
    @Covered_End_Lad

any update with lowery and if we still want or in for him ? 
  • Options
    Pompey are trying for Leko on loan
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    probably not popular but I'd take Nugent on a free as back up for Stockley
    Well he'd be better than Davison that's for sure
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    It’s not a strategy though, is it? It’s where you inevitably end up if you aren’t splashing cash, but you won’t convince me it’s a plan. Something went badly awry in this window, wherever we end up tonight. 
    I keep seeing news bits that other L1 clubs are happy to outdo our offers for players, so trying to save a quid or two on player costs this season has clearly bitten us in the arse. 
  • Options
    Be happy with just one more, a cover at CB/LB 
    We don't know the extent of Innis' fitness issues, hence the Kerr bid and Gallen allegedly seen at Priestfield. 
  • Options
    Not been a sniff of a defender for weeks, since Nixon said we couldn't decide which one we wanted.  Then two Scottish ones, from Scottish clubs both pop up today.  Very strange. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Sage said:
    Surely Bowyer would pick up the phone and let Gallen and Jackson know he’s available if we wanted to bring him in. I find hard to believe that they wouldn’t have spoke before now during this window. Would like Leko back that’s for sure.
    They may have had no intention of letting him go until someone came in with a tempting offer. Deadline day has so many moving parts and quite a few transfers stem from unexpected moves for players. 

I’d like him back too and like you say, you’d hope Bowyer and Gallen have kept contact.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Surely Bowyer would pick up the phone and let Gallen and Jackson know he’s available if we wanted to bring him in. I find hard to believe that they wouldn’t have spoke before now during this window. Would like Leko back that’s for sure.
    I don't know if he would now.  Just my opinion, but I think he wouldn't really care that much

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!