Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Tbf 600k is a lot but he sounds like the type of Scottish player that comes over and does well. Centre back is a priority IMO mainly because Innis we can’t rely on, Deji could leave and Akin isn’t ours yet. Hoping we can get the Morecambe Captain as he sounds a decent player, 48 games played last season so don’t need to worry about injuries 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Have Wigan and Ipswich both bugged gallens  phone?, every player we are rumoured to be in for we get gazumped!!! 
    Every player?
    Who are all the others?
  • Options
    Why have we left everything till the last minute? What good can come from that (well I guess the answer to that will be revealed come 11pm).
    Unless you have a war chest, it’s inevitably turns out to be late in the day. As soon as one teams makes a move others do the same.  I still think we will get 2 more in. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why have we left everything till the last minute? What good can come from that (well I guess the answer to that will be revealed come 11pm).
    You mean apart from the 8 players we signed before today? 
    8 players aren't enough, evident by the first 6 games, if you've been watching. 
  • Options
    what was discussed a while back and seems now to be forgotten is the expense of living in London or the South East .. a (say) £200,000 salary goes a looooooooottt further in the midlands or the north than dahn sarf. Many very decent players probably want a higher wage to live and work in London than a  L1 club (e.gl. us) is prepared to, pay
    The club usually arrange accommodation. Often luxury flat at Woolwich Arsenal. 
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Let Wigan continue to splash stupid cash, it will not end well me thinks 
    It's going considerably better than whatever our strategy is.
    Wigan were on the brink of going bust just like we were, and they’ve done a 180 and are now trying to buy the world. Everyone has their opinion, but I don’t think that will be sustainable in the long run. If they don’t get out of the division, they will be totally buggered 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Well based on the evidence up to now how many of those are top notch league one players? I think we all agree we need more and better and we have 6 hours to get 2-3 more in.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Signing players who aren't good enough is a different matter but we haven't left EVERYTHING to the last minute, have we. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    paulfox said:
    Have Wigan and Ipswich both bugged gallens  phone?, every player we are rumoured to be in for we get gazumped!!! 
    Every player?
    Who are all the others?
    I don’t know really😂, I’m basing it on every time Wigan or Ipswich get someone, it’s mentioned on here we were in for them. It was a throw away comment, not one of fact!!!. Wow people really scrutinise comments on here!!🤣🙄
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    agree we need more but that's not "leaving everything to the last minute"
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Signing players who aren't good enough is a different matter but we haven't left EVERYTHING to the last minute, have we. 
    We've left our recruitment to be finished at the last minute, not sure why you have to argue every single thing. We are short on players and have got just hours left, not up for opinion or debate, it's fact. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We've left our recruitment to be finished at the last minute, not sure why you have to argue every single thing. We are short on players and have got just hours left, not up for opinion or debate, it's fact. 
    For what it’s worth, we have been getting told the club was going to do some last minute stuff, multiple times, did nobody believe it?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    For what it’s worth, we have been getting told the club was going to do some last minute stuff, multiple times, did nobody believe it?
    Doesn't that make it worse? That they've willingly made this decision to be so short with such little time remaining? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    That’s Matt Smith - the only one we haven’t signed.
  • Options
    The stuff:

Terrier signs on 6 month agreement

*clicks link*

Pet membership… got yours? 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I never said we weren't short, I don't think anyone has said we are.  We also haven't left everything until the last minute, which is what I said, before you jumped in, again. 
  • Options
    Ex Charlton striker for Rotherham?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    That’s Michael Smith.
  • Options
    We all dream of a team of Matt Smith’s 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    That’s Michael Smith.
    So it is 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Very much is opinion as I am fairly sure this what the forum is for...

Think the issue is that you literally have anything half positive to say. Like the the "tick tock" what's the point?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Doesn't that make it worse? That they've willingly made this decision to be so short with such little time remaining? 
    They didn't just decide to wait until the last minute, but they did know (and have repeatedly said) that some things would only happen late on.

Which is in fact exactly what has happened.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I never said we weren't short, I don't think anyone has said we are.  We also haven't left everything until the last minute, which is what I said, before you jumped in, again. 
    Did I say we've left everything until the last minute? Making stuff up, again. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!