Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    probably not popular but I'd take Nugent on a free as back up for Stockley
    You are correct. 
    It wouldn't be popular. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Here's the issue with this transfer strategy trying to pick up bargains late in the window......now we are scrambling in the bargain basement 
    It’s not a strategy though, is it? It’s where you inevitably end up if you aren’t splashing cash, but you won’t convince me it’s a plan. Something went badly awry in this window, wherever we end up tonight. 
    Would you have thoughts as to why?  I think we did it well in parts spending money on Stockley and Kirk, which infers to me that bits of it have been okay, but like yo say, we are now in reactive mode
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    cabbles said:
    Sage said:
    Pompey are trying for Leko on loan
    Surely Bowyer would pick up the phone and let Gallen and Jackson know he’s available if we wanted to bring him in. I find hard to believe that they wouldn’t have spoke before now during this window. Would like Leko back that’s for sure.
    I don't know if he would now.  Just my opinion, but I think he wouldn't really care that much

That's appreciation for ya, after we gave him our top scorer  Chuks"The Beast" Aneke.. B)
  • Options
    This was never the plan was it. Scrambling around during the last five hours of the window trying to get things done. No idea what’s gone wrong and who is to blame but this summers transfer dealings have certainly not gone to plan. 
    Spot on. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Pompey are trying for Leko on loan
    Surely Bowyer would pick up the phone and let Gallen and Jackson know he’s available if we wanted to bring him in. I find hard to believe that they wouldn’t have spoke before now during this window. Would like Leko back that’s for sure.
    Much rather get Aneke back. Now that they've signed Deeney Aneke must be down the pecking order.
  • Options
    This was never the plan was it. Scrambling around during the last five hours of the window trying to get things done. No idea what’s gone wrong and who is to blame but this summers transfer dealings have certainly not gone to plan. 
    Agreed - and it’s ok for us all to admit that. I don’t know why we have to pretend otherwise. Something has definitely gone awry - it is what it is, but we don’t have to pretend it has been the anything other than not ideal.
  • Options
    TS did literally say expect a few of the deals to happen very late in the window, to be fair. 

That was a few weeks ago
    I’m assuming or at least hoping that he meant that a couple of cherry on the cake signings would happen on the last day. Not the very basics of a balanced squad. Still five hours to pull it out of the hat but we should be done and dusted for this window days ago. 
  • Options
    TS did literally say expect a few of the deals to happen very late in the window, to be fair. 

That was a few weeks ago
    I’m assuming or at least hoping that he meant that a couple of cherry on the cake signings would happen on the last day. Not the very basics of a balanced squad. Still five hours to pull it out of the hat but we should be done and dusted for this window days ago. 
    It’s not only down to us, it’s also about when clubs are ready to let players go.

Even Ipswich and Wigan are making late signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder how much of it is to do with an over rated opinion, by someone, of Dobson, Clare and Morgan as a potential midfield 3?
    It looked decent and balanced in the pre season friendlies to be fair.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder how much of it is to do with an over rated opinion, by someone, of Dobson, Clare and Morgan as a potential midfield 3?
    It looked decent and balanced in the pre season friendlies to be fair.
    I agree, I think most fans did.  It's a strange one. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Think there's probably some truth in that.
  • Options
    Taking shape nicely with Arter having joined and good loan experience for Wassim. 

Just need a keeper, left back, centre back, striker or two, winger or two and maybe another midfielder and we should be good to go.
    I have to say that seems like a busy 5 hours ahead.

You maybe disappointed!
  • Options
    Random Facebook rumour that 3 medicals are scheduled, they believe 1 is probably Arter so 2 more to go
  • Options
    Taking shape nicely with Arter having joined and good loan experience for Wassim. 

Just need a keeper, left back, centre back, striker or two, winger or two and maybe another midfielder and we should be good to go

We won’t be getting another 6-8 players. I think we may get one more loan and that will be it I reckon.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Who's the someone? 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

That was a few weeks ago
    It’s not only down to us, it’s also about when clubs are ready to let players go.

Even Ipswich and Wigan are making late signings.
    Late signings yes. Squad basics no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Who's the someone? 
    Dommy Triesen, Roddy’s data analyst.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Random Facebook rumour that 3 medicals are scheduled, they believe 1 is probably Arter so 2 more to go
    I mean I imagine considering Arter has already been announced, and he is no longer in the country I reckon that's a non starter. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Think there's probably some truth in that.
    Add in the Gilbey situation and you suddenly go from thinking you need 2 or 3 to knowing you really need 5 or 6. 
  • Options

SAINTS EXIT

By Robert Thomson

St Johnstone skipper Jason Kerr is set to complete a £600,000 move to Wigan. 

The 24-year-old started the day heading to London to sign for Charlton, but their League One rivals came in with a last-gasp rival bid to snap him up. 

Kerr, who captained Saints to a League Cup and Scottish Cup double last season, is in the final year of his deal at McDiarmid Park. 

And with that in mind, Saints chairman Steve Brown has decided to cash in and take the money on offer. 

Kerr came through the Saints youth setup, having signed for the Perth club as a 16-year-old, and will go down in history as one of their greatest skippers following last season’s heroics. 

Wigan have been beset by off-field problems in recent seasons but have found stability under new owner Talal Mubarak Al-Hammad so are now one of the most ambitious clubs in League One.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7491600/transfer-deadline-day-live-celtic-rangers-news/

I'm surprised nobody else noticed this

Steve Brown letting us down, kick him out from Charlton TV!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So after those rumours of Arter failing a medical turns out he signed without having one! 
  • Options
    Back in January the Jayesemi transfer happened out of the blue. Hoping for something like that tonight 
    Four times 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Quality teaser at this stage of the day. Round of applause 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!