Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Looks like we’re just going to be a left back short. Hopefully Purrington comes back and stays fit until January.
    Unfortunately we've got no say or choice in the matter

Agreed with those unhappy that being a Left-Back short isnt the ideal situation to be left in

Lets just hope that when we look back at the season that it doesnt bite us on the arse

For now, all we can do is hope that this crop of players can do the job we want them to do
  • Gribbo said:
    Erm, can we stop posting the same Tweet over and over again?
    Can you get someone to look into it?
  • Off_it said:
    Just catching up with this thread, did Delort sign in the end?
    I thought we were in for Kezman?
    Nah Ketman
  • Talal said:
    Uboat said:
    CBT works at all levels and a few people on here should give it a try. 
    Corey Blackett-Taylor? 
    Cognitive behaviour therapy, I believe
    Yeah was a poor attempt at a funny. 
  •                           MacGillivray
                 Famewo     Lavelle     Innis 
    Matthews                                          Purrington
                        Arter     
                                          Kirk
             DJ                                                Leko
                                  Stockley

where have I gone wrong? Lavelle as backup and another midfielder pushing Leko up alongside and Kirk to the left? Nice to have some depth!!
  • Off_it said:
    Just catching up with this thread, did Delort sign in the end?
    I thought we were in for Kezman?
    You misread, it's Kelman. Ronnie says we should hopefully still squeeze him in tonight but that is reliant on Gillingham allowing him to go straight out on loan. 
  • Off_it said:
    I'd take Leko in league one, Cheers Bowyer!
    I think we have enough wingers-cum-strikers. Lee is about the best one of these & it might be hard enough to squeeze him into the side atm. So its a no from me.
    There's a fucking surprise!

So even if we sign Leko we will still be "5 or 6 short"!
    Hes correct in my opinion 
    Another average winger is not a priority 
    A LB and striker much more of a priority.
  • TeeC said:
    TeeC said:
    Surely we can wait for another 60 mins or so before calling this window either way and / or suggesting the need for a meltdown 
    Yeah, because after 3 months of the window being open signing someone with 60 mins to go is seen as a positive & part of a plan. 
    All clubs are doing it… it’s how it goes. It’s not ‘typical Charlton’ - it’s transfer deadline day. Like other clubs we’ve done most of our business already. 
    I don't think you've been paying attention. We've not "done most of our business already". We are still 5 or 6 players short of what is needed & dome players we've brought in (Clare & Dodson) are average League 1 players. And we've still not replaced last seasons top goal scorer. 

But apart from that everything's peachy.
    We needed 5/6 a few weeks ago.
    Since then we've signed Kirk, Blackett-Taylor, Lee, Arter and Lavelle. Plus one other?
    Blackett-Taylor is a 4 month deal & Arter is injury prone & not played competitively since February. 

But obviously that was the plan since june.....
    You make my blood boil you absolute misery.
    There are some who just love to moan, and will never be satisfied, but it takes all sorts to make a forum.
  • Sponsored links:

• Serge Aurier is now a free agent from Yids.! 😉
  • Adam Clayton form U2?
  • Vfrf said:
    So let me get this right, we're playing 4-4-2 formation which has 2 CM's yet we're registering 8. With no fit senior LB in place and one GK that can be registered for free... I think the window has been largely successful but what is that about?!
    We will mainly play 4231/4411/433 how ever you want to write it.

Our center mids for the 2 would be Dobson/Watson/Arter/Clare/Morgan which is about right.

Our options for the 10, or second striker, are Lee and Gilbey 4 wingers and Washington as a spare forward.

Sounds about right and pretty strong to me?

Center backs we are fine now, we know the keeper situation.

The elephant in the room is the left back and we were never going to be able to sign a back up for Stockley anywhere near the same level as him. 
  • What’s our new LB  going to do when we play 3-5-2 with all our midfielders, poor fella!!
  • Cawley is still working.
    So am I. 23.25 on a Tuesday. Living the dream...
  • cfgs said:

Account created August 2021 with 4 followers and 'works for Sky Sports'. 
  • cfgs said:

Don’t want to sound negative but do we need members of U2 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    Adam Clayton , 32 year old midfielder
    Interesting
  • Cawley is still working.
    So am I. 23.25 on a Tuesday. Living the dream...
    Any transfer rumours that you're allowed to share?
  • edited August 2021
    Just home from the game at The Valley filled with positivity after watching a seriously fast & skillful Corey Blackett-Taylor tear the Crawley defence apart in the first 45 mins .....what a player he will be for us against L1 opposition remains to be seen but I'm excited ! 

But he wasn't the only positive from tonight. 

I've not been overly impressed with young Josh Davison when I've seen glimpses of him in the past but he was a different player tonight. He imposed himself from start to finish, was very strong & faster than I remember ...plus he can find the net ! 

Deji Mk2 was imperious again - what a player he's going to be ! - Clayden was excellent, Harness was never troubled, Rob's boy showed again what an acquisition he is & Dobson won me over showing what he's capable of, working his socks off in the process. 

And then there was our newest addition to the first team, young Mason Burstow ....watch this space ! 

So, with, I understand another defender due to arrive from sunny Morecambe, and with several lads due to return from injury, I'm not too concerned by the depth of our squad & I'm certainly not wearing any rose coloured contact lenses. 

In fact, you might even say that the infamous Tingle is on its way back....( famous last words !) 
    I’m glad you enjoyed it FF, and thanks for the review! It seems very fashionable give these matches a swerve, but I always enjoy seeing younger players, new signings, and fringe players showing what they can do. Would have been there were it not for a family commitment in Suffolk.
  • Hopefully there is a decent LB freebie knocking around as that is a big gapping hole and has been for the start of the season so far.  As others have said, to get the best from Kirk as much as for the defensive side.  Same with a keeper, should be a freebie who can come in and play second fiddle even if only till Jan.

Otherwise defense looks decent as long as the Morecombe lad comes in.

Need Gilbey back and then the midfield looks ok, nowhere near the level of Cullen, Aribo, Beilik but that was a freak midfield in L1.

Upfront I have concerns - massive eggs in basket on Stockley not only staying fit but on form.  Schwartz is clearly never going to make it, Davison us not ready and may never be and Washington is a number 2 striker as would be Leko if played there.

All in all I would say the window has been ok but not outstanding; sadly TS overly bullish comments have not quite been backed up.  With a reasonable injury run we should make our way up and around the top 10 with a chance of top 6 if things come together.
  • He's a midfielder.. I was hoping that's our LB. That is an odd decision
  • Another window, still no Overmars.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Vfrf said:
    So let me get this right, we're playing 4-4-2 formation which has 2 CM's yet we're registering 8. With no fit senior LB in place and one GK that can be registered for free... I think the window has been largely successful but what is that about?!
    We will mainly play 4231/4411/433 how ever you want to write it.

Our center mids for the 2 would be Dobson/Watson/Arter/Clare/Morgan which is about right.

Our options for the 10, or second striker, are Lee and Gilbey 4 wingers and Washington as a spare forward.

Sounds about right and pretty strong to me?

Center backs we are fine now, we know the keeper situation.

The elephant in the room is the left back and we were never going to be able to sign a back up for Stockley anywhere near the same level as him. 
    Spot on. I do think Leko is slightly strange as I thought if we signed an attacking player it would be someone who could comfortably replace Stockley. Not necessarily in ability, but in playing style. However, going 4231 doesn't mean you have to lump it up to the striker, in fact isn't that what everybody has been moaning about. If we have to go with Leko or Washington up top, we can get the ball down and knock it round, that's what we want as fans isn't it? We now have serious strength in depth across that forward line. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!