Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• He's a midfielder.. I was hoping that's our LB. That is an odd decision
    Assume our left back deal feel through so we took Clayton last min to use up out last loan spot....rather than waste it.
  • Uboat said:
    Is Leko confirmed or are we still trying to ‘get it over the line’?
    Will be in 30 seconds 
  • Croydon said:
    Every single one of us today said we needed a left back and a striker as a MINIMUM. We've signed a centre back and a winger. 

We've brought in some good players but we are still woefully short as a squad in my opinion. One injury to Stockley and the season is over. 
    I'm confused. I thought it was over already. Does this mean it's not over now?
  • My first team now:
    MacGillvray
    Matthews Famewo Lavelle Purrington
    DJ Arter Lee Kirk
    Leko Stockley

Subs
    Harness, Inniss, Gunter, Clare, Morgan, Washington, Davison

With Elerewe, Gilbey, Dobson, Watson, Pearce,CBT also available

Not a bad squad
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    B
  • As an overall window I think it's been decent, not great. Most of the signings did strengthen their relative positions but that does throw into sharp relief the positions that haven't been strengthened at all.

I hope that we dip into the free agents to fill in a few gaps otherwise we're taking quite a gamble regarding fitness.

• Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    As an overall window I think it's been decent, not great. Most of the signings did strengthen their relative positions but that does throw into sharp relief the positions that haven't been strengthened at all.

I hope that we dip into the free agents to fill in a few gaps otherwise we're taking quite a gamble regarding fitness.

Problem we have is that if two of Schwartz, Dempsey and JFC have been included in the squad we can't, as we have reached the max allowed. 
  • Leuth said:
    In summary: all of you, pissing yourselves over nothing
    All of us? I don't think so.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leko would be good 
    Not what we need.....unless DJ or Kirk or Lee arent going to play.
    Isn't he a nippy striker? 

He's nippy but he sure hell ain't a striker. Certainly not a BWP or a Darren Bent. 

Have you seen his goal scoring record ? Didnt score in 38 games for Birmingham. About as good as Josh Parker if you go by those stats. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Good window, good squad.
    congrats Recruitment team, NA and TS.
    Automatic promotion here we come.
    COYR
    Why is this liked so much?
    Good window my arse 
    I think it is has now been a good window.
    It hadn't been when the season started.
    We are in the promotion race and anyone that thinks otherwise is simply unhappy for other reasons, nothing to do with Charlton. COYR & thanks to Thomas Sandgaard & the team. 
    Personally I think this view is massively skewed by us winning on Sat. Suspect you (and others) would be saying very different had we played bad on Sat and lost. 
    You don't think Lee, Arter and Leko aren't very good signings?  Noticeable there are no Levitt/Smith type loans this window. 
    That’s not what I said though!
  • edited August 2021
    Valley11 said:
    Leko is a weird one.
    Kirk, DJ, CBT, Clayden. Do we need another winger?
    Imo......No.
    But you've been calling for a pacey striker? Leko scored 1 in 4 for us in the Champ and let's be honest, we wasn't a particularly good side who created loads of chances each game. 
    My concern is in the 65 games he’s played for other teams  - including his last 38 for Birmingham - he’s scored exactly zero goals. 
    Scores at The Valley, he only scores at The Valley,
    Scores at The Valley, he only scores at The Valley!

See, he’s got a ready made song an’ all. 👍⚽️
  • Pleased with this deadline day! 

International break needs to sod off so we can get back to the valley! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Leko would be good 
    Not what we need.....unless DJ or Kirk or Lee arent going to play.
    Isn't he a nippy striker? 

He's nippy but he sure hell ain't a striker. Certainly not a BWP or a Darren Bent. 

Have you seen his goal scoring record ? Didnt score in 38 games for Birmingham. About as good as Josh Parker if you go by those stats. 

Won't be many better players than him in League 1 at dribbling with the ball. Will cause havoc and create space elsewhere. We missed that in the championship last time he was here and got injured and we've missed that this year.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!