Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    WHAT IF all these shit players we've got, plus the 2 extra shit ones "in the bag", all gell and a decent keeper comes in on loan in the next couple of weeks?

Give em a chance ffs
    Amen! 

"Adults" on here need to have a good look at themselves. Squad is looking decent and a chance for a free transfer or 2 if need be.

Righting off CBT and co makes me wonder why people even bother supporting the team 

Ok it was a League 2 defence, but for 60 minutes CBT was excellent tonight, as a winger or running inside. His goal was bizarre but he still scored. 

If we can just have some luck with players not constantly getting injured we may have a chance of some consistency.

I didn't think we were ever going to replace Aneke but I guess we are hoping that our 4 wingers plus Lee will score goals.

Only listened on the radio but sounded like Crawley were awful down the flank CBT was playing and he could waltz through their defence at will. Need to see him do it against a decent league one defence.
  • Valley11 said:
    Leko is a weird one.
    Kirk, DJ, CBT, Clayden. Do we need another winger?
    Imo......No.
    But you've been calling for a pacey striker? Leko scored 1 in 4 for us in the Champ and let's be honest, we wasn't a particularly good side who created loads of chances each game. 
    My concern is in the 65 games he’s played for other teams  - including his last 38 for Birmingham - he’s scored exactly zero goals. 
    Kermorgant had scored around 17 in 110 appearances before he joined us. 
  • Leko has scored 5 goals in 86 appearances. Let's hope Adkins finds a way to get the best out of him.
    Yes but they were all for Charlton
    And only 1 didnt take a deflection 
  • paulfox said:
    MacG
    Matthews Inniss Famewo Purrington
    DJ Morgan Arter Kirk
    Leko Stockley

Subs: Harness, Gunter, Lavelle, Watson, Clare, Lee, Washington

Me thinks we have quite a good squad

Swap Morgan with someone and we’ll be ok.
    Lee for sure mate !!

after his first 2 appearances has shown how much quality he has and will create and do more than morgan
  • MacG
    DJ Morgan Arter Kirk
    Leko Stockley

No way will Morgan play in front of Lee or Arter
  • Leko has scored 5 goals in 86 appearances. Let's hope Adkins finds a way to get the best out of him.
    Yes but they were all for Charlton
    And only 1 didnt take a deflection 
    Couldn't give a shit how they go in to be honest
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    MacG
    DJ Morgan Arter Kirk
    Leko Stockley

Arter’s in the team and I’m not sure how well Lee would do in a midfield 2. Anyway, good dilemma to have!
  • Gribbo said:
    Adam Clayton form U2?
    I guess we’re sending the drummers out on loan then. 
    Sorry to be that bloke, but it would be bass players. 
  • Can I shock you? I like football
  • CB, ST, LB concerns me. Other than that, all good.
  • That’s it, I’m off for a snooze, window has truely slammed shut, I’m sure there’s more to follow, and some will be happy, and some will not be happy, and some are  just … well never happy!

• Southbank said:
    MacG
    DJ Morgan Arter Kirk
    Leko Stockley

No way will Lee be part of a midfield 2 in a 442! He's not a central midfielder, he's either a second (and slightly withdrawn) second striker in a 442 (4411), or he's the part of a 3 man midfield in a 433
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Leko confirmed or are we still trying to ‘get it over the line’?
  • CB, ST, LB concerns me. Other than that, all good.
    The good thing about getting Leko (hopefully) is that Washington can go back to being a striker. With Stockley, Washington, Davison + Lee/Leko up there if required we should have enough up top
  • MacGillivray _______
    Matthews Gunter
    Inniss Lavelle
    Famewo Pearce
    Purrington _______
    Arter Dobson
    Clare Watson
    Gilbey Morgan
    Jaiyesimi Blackett-Taylor
    Kirk Leko
    Stockley Davison
    Lee Washington

The goalkeeper can be filled by an emergency loan quite easily, the glaring hole is at left back, and has been since the last game of last season
  • Dacafcfan1990 said:u
    MacGilllivray
    Clare Arter
    DJ Lee Kirk
    Stockley

Looks a very good XI to me. Second XI of:

Harness (emergency loan if needed)
    Gunter Lavelle Pearce Roddy
    Morgan Dobson
    CBT Gilbey Leko
    Washington

Plus Watson, Davison and Schwartz. I don't think we'll run away with the league but it looks reasonably strong. There is no obvious weakness but I doubt many League 1 sides can genuinely say they don't have a position or two that looks weak. 

Add to that Davison , Elejwrere and Barker who in my mind are all getting close 
  • Croydon said:
    Every single one of us today said we needed a left back and a striker as a MINIMUM. We've signed a centre back and a winger. 

We've brought in some good players but we are still woefully short as a squad in my opinion. One injury to Stockley and the season is over. 
    For me it was LB and CB. The left back situation still concerns me. Hopefully they have a free agent lined up.

Just give me half a bottle of Blue Nun, please.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!